1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

One Of The Best Moments I've Ever Seen In Football....

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nads, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

And that's why football is the best sport in the world.

3. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

He has bigger cojones than a bloke giving a loaded Uzi to a 9 year old girl.

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Brilliant stuff, like Nacho says, that's why we all love this game, anything can happen.

5. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Don't wish to be a bit of a Buzz Killington but the penalties he saved should have been retaken. He came off his line far to early! Not one of those assistant referees spotted it! Still......excellent to see!!!

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

First one he moved forward as he dived, which is legal, and it was a top drawer stop.

Second, absolutely was a retake, not even in question!

7. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

There'll be a film out about this before we know it!

How's the mrs enjoying the new motor Nads? You had plenty sun up there for her to make the most of it?

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Loves it mate, she had the roof down for the first time this morning and she's happy as a pig in ****.

Funny thing, she's a better driver in it, she was a bit jerky at first, cos with the V6 you have to change at right time, but she's buzzing with it.

Just had both the cars at the jet wash, both gleaming, which I like!

9. Tel (they/them)

Sweet, did she remember to put the lid back up for the car wash? <laugh> Mine wouldn't.

I picked up her mums mini convertible last week from the bmw by our work and I put the roof down on the way to her house, started raining and I couldn't get the ****ing thing back up I looked like a right dickhead, already looked a dickhead cos I was in a mini!

10. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Haha,

Does the Mini have one of them daft shelves in the back that has to be at an intricate angle and fed fresh fruit for it to graft?

They are stupid

11. Tel (they/them)

I didn't look in the back mate, what a stupid car though, it barely moved and it felt like I was driving a shopping trolley.

It didn't have a single redeeming feature, most cars do, even old cars like a 1992 fiat uno you'd find at least something that would make you grin or laugh.

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Haha,

I hired a Cooper S in Marbella once and that was alright like, for a rental. It was already incredibly heave for a small car so I can't see the roof and beam supports having helped!

13. Tel (they/them)

Hers is a cooper mate, but I've had a shot in a cooper S before, I'd say 'uninspiring'. It's like the mini went missing for 10 years, then out of nowhere they just replaced it with a f**ing giant henry the hoover with a steering wheel.

Give me an old Mini Cooper 1.3i any day of the week, in fact I'd love one of those, they're magnificent.

Edit: Speaking of rentals, the airport were out of supermini's the other day when my mate turned up from Cyprus to pick up his corsa so they gave him a 500 Abarth from their special range or something, they're bloody brilliant them mate, and obviously being a rental, it got churned to ****.

14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye, I expected the Cooper S to be quick, but there was no power under 3500 revs, which is odd in a small motor.

The window switches and such are **** as well, look good until you touch them, then feel budget as ****.

As a BMW driver, when people call them BMW's I wanna kill them, if you want a small BMW, buy a ****ing 1 series and have an ACTUAL BMW. Same ****ing price, more or less.

15. Tel (they/them)

Yeah I hate that as well, people who say they drive a 'BMW Mini'... like they're attempting to say 'I'd be ashamed if it was the old style mini'. I'd actually have more (much more) respect for you if you were driving an older Mini pal.

I also don't buy the 'they're fun to drive' 'they're like go-karts' crap either, I drove a 400cc and a 600cc go kart in Vilamoura last year and the latter was ****-ya-pants fun, the first one was great fun, the mini was no fun, it was total homo.

16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly.

Fun is driving a 330d with massive torque pushing from the back, driving a Mini is driving a front wheel drive car with lots of power for it's size that the gearbox doesn't seem capable of processing.

My motor, I smile every time I put my foot down, whatever the gear, the Cooper S, flat as a steamrollered witches tit.

17. Tel (they/them)

I rarely get much fun out of mine nowadays mind, I have to drive conservatively cos my mrs is usually in the car with me and she has developed a fear of everything on the road after a crash earlier this year... which is why I'm going for the Disco next I think.

The last time I really enjoyed a drive was probably when me and my brother took his Impreza through Wales down to Epynt, that car was unbelievable to drive on those roads. He's sold it since and he's about to buy either a Scirocco or a Volvo V40 which should tell you his driving days are more or less confined to the scrap heap as well!

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Ha.

To be fair mate, I rarely get a chance to open it up, but I know it's there.

I sometimes just come off the power and let it wind down just to put my foot in again, it has enough about it to give you that slight shiver down the spine when you do that, any gear between 4--60, and it's off like a rocket, I never tire of it like.

19. Tel (they/them)

I think I'd probably prefer the diesel now actually.

Passed a 5 door 335d on the way to work this morning, black everything, little lip on the bootlid, M-sport pack, looked really nice.

Do you have the cup cooler in the centre console on yours? I have that, never had a cup in mind so couldn't tell you if it works, stupid place for them to put the ****ing thing if you ask me.

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I do, but like yourself I never use it, I've got a clip one that I bought years ago when I had the e46, and it's mint. Audi have the best cup holders, they are incredible.

I never, ever thought I'd prefer diesel, but the torque is just unreal, and the box feels better than it did in the e90 petrol, like it gets on with the engine.

I'd recommend it to anyone, all round, probably the best motor I've had.