1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Depends if anyone else is in for them, and their stature <ok>

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Aye, pretty much the same for any club looking to buy players <ok>

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I think we'll keep hold of Rice for a season or 2, but yours is the size of club I think he belongs, if he doesn't play for one of the giants it's be a waste imo, though I'd prefer to see him at Barca, RM, Juventus or B Munich than play against him.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

One player I've been top mention as a prospective buy is Daniel James at Swansea.

Plays off the left, cuts in on his right. He's ****ing dynamite, really, really rapid and has a good finish on him.

Raw, but with good coaching can definitely go far.

5. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Several decent articles doing the rounds today regarding De Gea, one suggesting that we would be better selling him this time around rather than keep a world class keeper behind such a leaky defence. We could get £60m for him - even at this stage in his current contract, which gives us funds to improve the defence in front of Romero.

If he leaves because he wants £350k per week, then there is only PSG who can pay those wages. If he wants to leave for other reasons, ie he wants CL football, that opens the door to RM and Juventus (presuming that we don't make top four ourselves) .

I can't help but wonder if he hasn't been the difference for those few extra points we could do with at this time in the season. Just three more points would see us safe for fourth spot (almost). I'm inclined to agree, sell him if he doesn't want to sign a new deal.

6. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

He didn't look world ****ing class last night <grr>

7. glazerfodder

My point exactly

8. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I like Declan Rice looks a proper prospect.

Everyone does seem to be overlooking the fact that we have some real talent in the youth set up that deserve chances over some of the ****e in our squad.

9. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Chong
    Greenwood
    Angel gomes

Being the ones that should replace some of our dross.

10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Garner’s supposed to be class as well, he just looks a bit too light.

Gomes is a real prospect and Greenwood will 100% be a regular eventually but I don’t see much of a future here for Chongy.

He should be loaned out next season to Championship/Bundesliga if we can to see if he can kick on.

11. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Seen bits of chong playing a few times, thought he looked good.

Greenwood is the one that we need to fulfill his potential. The kids looks class. Not seen or read anything about garner.

12. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I’d rather we tried to do something with the youngsters than waste money on mediocre players or has beens.

I’d definitely take Declan rice and maguire though.

13. Tel (they/them)

Greenwood is probably the most promising talent to come off the production line since Morrison and Pogba, so it will all boil down to how he is managed, his work rate and determination and keeping his head out of the clouds.

I’d love to see McTominay kick on as well, he’s got leadership potential that lad.

As for signings, my pal who supports WHam reckons Rice is staying but it would be great if we could sign him.

Wan Bissaka would probably be a good signing and I’d like to know if we can tempt Dwight McNeil back, as the lad could turn out to be very good. I wonder who’s choice it was to let him go?

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'd like to see us bring Axel Tuanzebe back from Villa, give him a squad place and opportunities at centre half.

TFM always looked promising to me, Wan Bissaka keeping him out of the Palace side though, which gives an indication of his potential too.

Timbo could also fill a role on the squad for me. With him and Tuanzebe back and a couple of experienced signings Jones, Rojo and Bailly could all leave.

Maybe Smalling too, although I think he's a sound player if given a solid partner.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

This is a great read;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/30/edwin-van-der-sar-ajax-champions-league

Love van der Sar, best keeper we've ever had IMHO but that's not relevant to this, what is relevant is how Ajax properly went back to their roots and philosophy in regenerating and recreating.

Wouldn't it be a nice thought for us to do likewise?

With the Glazers and Woodward in charge, very, very unlikely but if we get the right director of football in (Edwin would be ideal but he's got a top job, fair play) who knows?
    It's not like the possibilities aren't ****ing endless is it? Ajax have a blueprint and they stick to it, we should just send someone over and copy it.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Funnily enough, was listening to Ronald de Boer saying much the same stuff on TalkRadio on my way to pick up my car, and then the Guardian was there to read as I was waiting.

Ajax overload but all good, a proper football club. Not bought and funded by a country.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  17. Tel (they/them)

Fosu Mensah is on loan at Fulham mate. He thrived under Van Gaal’s system probably because we never bothered attacking anyone, he’s not going to make it imo. If we can get him out on loan to Europe we might make a few quid off him.

Tuanzebe could possibly make the step up, as you say he could make a better squad option than Jones/Rojo.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Thought he was still at Palace ffs!

Could well be right, but as a free right back cover he may as well be with us as not playing elsewhere. Who's to say if given a run in the right style of play he wouldn't kick on?

Tuanzebe has been good at Villa, when I've seen him play he looks like he could very well make it.

Both had decent potential to ultimately play as DCM, they just needed proper coaching. Sad, that they would never get that under Mourinho, he just bought a ****ed old crock Matic instead.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  19. glazerfodder

How much do we need a player like Matthis de Ligt - and he's only 19 !! - even from a Woodward perspective he has to be a great buy. We could get six years out of the lad and still make a profit on him in his mid 20's - get him now Woodie.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  20. Tel (they/them)

If Liverpool buy De Ligt to partner him with Van Dijk I’m packing my bags and off to live in Antarctica.