1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Okazaki

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Aug 15, 2015.

1. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What a player this guy is going to be for us. The exact kind of player that City fans love to have in a blue shirt.
    Technically very good, can score goals, gives 110% and will run all day trying and trying.
    Love him already.
    Great win today. And of course a mention for Mahrez. Very good again and superbly taken goal.

Lesta Gangsta likes this.
  2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Early days but really introduced himself against Birmingham. Vardy was a great drive from the front and having two who work so hard really does make us so hard to play against - we get the ball back far easier as with both of them it forces the defense into so many mistakes with their distribution

3. MIAMI_FOX

Forum Moderator

A lot of people were originally concerned that his and Vardys style are too similar to play together.
    I'd beg to differ

kpnuts likes this.
  4. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

Agreed, Miami. One of the problems with Vardy's pace was that there was often no-one else fast enough to get in the box to receive a pass. That's no longer the case!

5. MIAMI_FOX

Forum Moderator

The pace we have in our attack (defense is another matter haha) now is superb.

6. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

I seen him play (on TV) a few times here in Germany & watched all the goals from the Bundes Liga almost week in week out. He seemed to always be doing some thing whether it be scoring, setting up, hitting the wood work/going close or just being a pain for DEF´s. I was quite happy when we signed him & he seems to be settling in very well too.

7. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

The guy's a legend in the making, the way he plays with a big smile on his face reminds me of the recently-departed Nugent. Not sure he's that pacey but his movement is incredible, for Mahrez's goal he looked like he was well offside but utterly outmanoeuvred their defence. Credit for giving an interview already too, enjoying his and Ranieri's broken English!

8. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

I was watching the German goals on Sunday today & they said that "ex Mainz 05 players Shinji Okazaki scored his 1st goal in the premiership for table topping Leicester City yesterday" Made me smile Leicester getting a mention on German TV as the table toppers.
    Yeah a very good buy he´s turning out to be. I hope we keep building our empire player by player.
    With our money we could be heading for much better things. As long as KING POWER sticks around.

9. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

When Steve Walsh said he was exactly what we needed I thought it was the normal jargon when you sign a player but Okazaki genuinely fits into our team perfectly

10. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Watched him at Burton and thought he was really lightweight. Has been so impressive in the 2 Prem matches so far.

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Someone said on 606 saturday that hes Nugent on steriods, kind of fiys him perfectly atm <ok>

Having him doing alot of chasing is actually keeping Vardy sharp for the full 90mins, so he can outrun defenders the whole match. Tactically brilliant from Ranieri not to play both flat.

12. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

I remember some people were saying he plays too similar to Vardy. and the problem with have 2 vardy's is?
    I bet the opposition defence are happy to see them substituted.

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We played the classic big man/little man combo last season so it was assumed that we would keep it again - obviously not.

14. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Can't fault Ranieri's tactics so far ... have to admit to being 'underwhelmed' when I sa line up for Sunderland... how wrong can you be ? :)

15. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

No worries Fosse, you weren't alone <ok>

16. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Thirded, i did a classic Lineker "really?!" when i saw the lineup in the pub.

Like i said previous though, i don't think it would have worked as well if Okazaki and Vardy were flat up front. Credit to tactics and faith in the players, especially King and Drinkwater together in midfield.

17. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Obsolutely everything goes through him. We play this fast, direct entertaining football and i'm absolutely loving it.

Okazaki is a little gem and he's proven me wrong.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  18. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... as I posted elsewhere... not sure if / what Ranieri has influenced Drinkwater ... but the guy looks transformed..

19. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He strikes me as an "arm around the shoulder" player. Nige described him as a complex character.

Perhaps being in and out of the team last season and the brilliant form of King, James and Cambiasso in the back end of it just knocked his confidence.

Lesta Gangsta likes this.
  20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Probably just needed to be part of a midfield pair in a 4-4-2 rather then the lone player in the centre of a 5-3-2.

Irregardless, hopefully he will remain in the side and King will up his game further with the arrival of Inler/Kante.