1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OK - Lets move on and get real

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Prince Isak (GG), Jan 11, 2019.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

What money would this be? Nobody in the PL makes money. There is no surplus. Escalating TV money has just gone straight into agents, foreign clubs and players pockets from what I can see. So if they want to be in profit, then you just have Ashley. So its either that or debt. I'm not massively concerned by debt but the reality is Hall and Shepherd jumped because they realised the debt was spiralling. They couldn't keep up. Yes Freddie liked to spin a line about being forced out etc, however I don't think he made a big song and dance at the time.

I don't think people appreciate that you don't own a football now to make money. Its simply a vehicle for other businesses, a play thing, or vanity.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

Due to some poor investment and poor transfer business, one of our biggest problems is we are not worth very much in terms of assets. So it is difficult for us to be in profit. We would just have debt spiralling and the banks won't entertain that forever. Ashley has plonked us into a very bad situation now. He may have done it purposely some would say. We kind of need him or another sugar daddy.

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Did you read the article you linked?

16 of the Clubs made a profit. Not many years that can be said. That’s where the build up of money comes from.

JakartaToon likes this.
  3. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

It may be a somewhat simplistic way of looking at investment, but if a club owner takes money and assets out of a club, and keeps it under raps by declaring only the minimum detail for public analysis, then a new owner has little to put in - but takes out less - then the club's buying power increases.

Our income this year must be near £200m? Surely we don't need a sugar daddy to move on if we use our own resources.

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

We will do better whoever takes it on from mike. Structured payments for players, a competent MD, commercial revenues alone will see us in much better shape.

The only thing that boggles my mind is that these three things are very simple to implement, so quite why they fat ****ing **** hasn’t done any of it is a mystery.

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its not that much of a mystery - he likes us to look cash poor so he can justify his lack of transfer spending, he is a cheapskate so why pay more for a proper MD and if he did a proper job with commercial revenue Sports Direct would be expected to up its rate every few years.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  6. Givemeursaltytears

Givemeursaltytears Well-Known Member

I hate that MA has killed all the excitement and nervousness I would get from watching us play......now it’s replaced with dread and boredom.

7. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Look at the debt though and where it comes from.