1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OH HOW QUIET

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jan 24, 2020.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

sssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Don't wake the mice

2. johngalleyfan2

it is amazing how our board is subjected to up to 50 or 60 posts a day for a week or two at a time then just 3 or 4 a day when the cat seems to have everyones tongue … its sort of a jimmy opposite response .. if we lose one might get the odd comment lose 2 and the board comes alive with the LJ's out or the club isn't doing enough .. we are doooomed etc etc etc. when we win it seems a bit like [ jimmy opposites ] the Brexit years last 12 -18 months the minority few [remainers] DONT GO spouting off, employing all sorts of negativity and trying it on with the courts and suchlike, WHEN WE LOSE all hell breaks loose and yet we are just a game from being in top 6 .. doesn't matter if you are 3rd 4th 5th or 6th you have 3 games to win to be a prem club!....

Wiz does a very good job combing the football sites for items of interest … but over the past week or so .. [not down to WIZ ] these sites are struggling for "items of news" the transfer market is becoming necrotic! some of the "latest" is news that is embellishments of stuff that was doing the rounds in week one. In some cases poorly edited as they present it as "new news" but slipup by adding a line of info that date stamps it to a week or so before!!!!

When the 2 window system started and it tied down players to specific loan periods it had to evolve, and now it is beginning to settle down … players are off on a season, loan do well and recalled because they are doing so well / not getting 75 mins or more time etc etc etc.. so there is a wariness on loans. A January transfer has always been a bit of a desperate situation... inflated prices and not getting the quality one expects moreso than not....

it has been proven loads of time City move on players that do well with a change of scenery .. maybe down a division? but at some point they do well in same or up a division...

Just 1 week to go, and plenty outs but no ins... the outs release money [ wages] to be able to get a good loanee in! On a personal note i never quite get my head around loaning a player to another club that may come back to bite you in the future … like bailey to Sunderland … just say they benefit by him get promoted and play us next season .. last game of the season to go up/ top 6 beckons and we need to win and they lose … prem passes us by again...!!!!

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

With no game this weekend always makes it a quieter board.
    Although RP is notably absent since City have won 3 of the last 4. I guess he’s packing away his LJ out banners

4. johngalleyfan2

He is taking the time out to relieve his anguish at LJ ticking along by renewing the fading paint and making them bigger

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

There’s no game to talk about, as regards transfers etc , the speculation is just that and more often than not if we get someone, big if , it’s more likely to be someone not mentioned, plus I’m no expert on other players so I’d rather leave it until we’ve actually signed someone before commenting.

As for leaving it late I don’t think we have a choice . I actually don’t believe we put all our eggs in one ‘Nkatia’ basket , more likely we have lots of targets but lots of things have to fall in place before a signing actually appears on the Roof of the stand.

Then there’s the question of Brownhill, if he goes then our focus will have to change to replacing him . Lots of questions that none of us on here has the first idea about .

6. johngalleyfan2

January 31st 2300hrs … 2 important events, 1 that will effect all of us the other just some of us. Both for different reasons the big one again for different reasons, leave or remain will see democracy delivered. The other happy with what City achieved in the window, or of course unhappy .. but 51 pts and 17 games to go.
    we all have an inkling... individually ...what city needs, on here the onus is amplified "statements" of what comes from the CITY MANAGEMENT, media to sell copy invents and recycles rumours etc and posters "have their wish list" personally I would like a goalscorer to compliment our front 2 and a midfielder able to dominate ….
    the big one...…..
    I voted leave and so of course I am very happy at stage 1 ..we left! Stages 2 onward will be more difficult... there is a lot of confusion being tossed into the pot since 2016 ….the increased intensity of global warming and carbon footprints. This I fear will aversely affect the agricultural side of things .. already calls for less cows/beef ..due to their ability to generate vast amounts of 1 of the green house gases...methane. The planet has vast stocks of this gas below our oceans in places safely locked away ...almost!
    CO2.. the primary, transport one of the main villians, along with the use of coal for power. One aspect that doesn't seem to get much exposure is population!
    In the animal kingdom if birds and animals don't have enough to support it they cut back on reproduction! In times of plenty they have more off spring or when it seems there are to many of them they seem to reduce numbers! One of the most "in our faces evolving species" is gulls [ used to be called sea gulls! ] they now forage more on the land than in the sea …. feed gulls at the sea side and you are nowadays likely asked to stop if seen by the local constabulary !
    if the population was 20% less than now our CO2 footprint would be much much less …. however wont go into the dynamics. The common old car, one of the worst polluters is the 2.8 v 6 or v8 4x4 used for the school run or the weekly shopping... some days I go past 3 primary schools at 3pm ...ish the catchment for these is as we know very close yet a mum or dad drives the half mile to pick up 1 child … and I see quite a few when I pick my grandchildren up …. usually get the bus, but sometimes they go to 3 different destinations for other pursuits.
    from the 01/02/2020 we will be living in a new world .. lets hope it is a peaceful one!