1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Offload List

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 31, 2018.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

As ever, a separate thread for those on their way OUT of the Club.

First up, Georgie Williams. With his new family seemingly settled in Scotland, thought he might join St Johnstone permanently. However, the rumours ar that he's going to either Barnsley or Rotheram.

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I would expect the following to leave:

David Button
    Marcelo Djalo
    Ibrahima Cisse
    Cauley Woodrow

We might be able to cobble together a couple of million from them, but it won't be much. I would also be unsurprised to see Kebano go, given his struggles with playing according to Jokanovic's ideas.

The worrying thing is that removing our loanees and the four named above from our first team squad leaves only 13 first team players, which throws doubt on us letting Kebano leave. We're going to have a very busy window!

3. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Agree with above, Williams needs to move on for his career and although I like him I think Kebano will move on. I m gutted it sounds like Fredericks is off to West Ham despite our promotion!

Button £100k
    Woodrow £500k
    Kebano £500k
    Djalo Free
    Cisse £500k

Fonte is the other one I’m not sure about technically very good but just a yard short of pace, think he may be used in a swap especially if we are interested in Zinkovic of Benfica

4. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

With the loss of Fredericks does it concern the 606 followers,undoubtedly a very talented player
    who personally i would have loved to retain. Just as long as it does not start a rush for the door .

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I would have preferred to keep Fredericks, but of our leading players he's the one whose departure causes the least problem, I think. Christie is a ready-made replacement, if we sign another centre back Odoi is a decent option and there's always t'other Sessegnon who might be ready for his chance. As you say, it's a problem if this starts a mass exodus of our stronger players, but I don't think it will.

6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Fredericks is the only player out of contract, so I'd be surprised if this set a precedent of any kind. I'd prefer Fredericks stayed, but he's entitled to make whatever decision works best for him.

7. Captain Morgan

Agreed. I don't think anyone can fault what he's done on the pitch in the last few months, so his lack of contractual commitment hasn't led to a lack of playing commitment. Good luck to him.

That said, from what I've read, he asked for a deal that 'reflected his status at the club' and wanted to be the best paid player. If that's the case, then I think the club was right not to give him what he was asking for. If that means that he chooses to go elsewhere, then so be it. Onwards and upwards.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  8. Cottager58

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  9. Cottager58

Well, we all know about Ryan Fredericks. However, also definitely leaving as well are:

George Williams
    Michael Elstone
    Joe Felix
    Dan Martin
    Julian Schwarzer
    Djed Spence

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/june/12/player-departures

We were always going to 'prune' based on whether the youngsters could step as U23 regulars, so not hugely surprised with these guys going. Perhaps with the exception of Djed Spence who had some grand games but guess you also have to look at who the competition is (Fossey, S. Sessegnon for starters).

10. Cottager58

11. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I think the thing that gets to me is when we let our younger promising players go, like Williams, Hyndman, Adeniran, etc, is that in the past we have gone out and purchased some players who quiet frankly have been dross and unproven. I'm hoping that this might stop now Klien has departed. But it's one of the things I think is also down to Jokanovic, he let a few slip away under he nose, and we've ended up with a very slim squad and at times bare bones having to play injured players.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  12. Captain Morgan

Sad to see George Williams go, though not in the least surprised. When we first dropped down to the Championship he looked like he was going to establish himself. Good luck to him though, and to the others who have been released.

13. Cottager58

Isaac Pearce has joined Wee Georgie at Forest Green Rovers after a successful trial there.

upload_2018-6-28_17-17-15.png

14. Cottager58

Joe Felix has signed his first professional contract with ... QPR.

upload_2018-7-1_19-13-41.jpeg

The 18 year old is expected to line up in their U23 side.

Doriley likes this.
  15. Cottager58

A young lad not mentioned in the Club's list of 'released players', Reece York, has signed up with Sheffield United.

please log in to view this image

The former Grimsby Town player had been with us for a couple of years. Not quite sure if his position was midfield or forward and suspect the competition currently at the Academy was proving just that bit too strong. Still he's only just turned 18 so could be a good move for him.

16. Cottager58

Djed Spence has joined Middlesbrough.

please log in to view this image

The 17 year ols right back is expected to be drafted straight into the U23 side.