1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

O'Driscoll out - Saunders in - really?

Discussion in 'Doncaster' started by tractor bhoy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

Hi guys, Ipswich fan in peace.
    Heard the news this morning and it has come as something of a shock.
    I know you have been on a poor run of form but even so I thought O'Driscoll would survive for a while longer and if he was going to be replaced then Dean Saunders wouldnt be an obvious appointment.
    whats the feeling from your fans?

2. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Sean O'Driscoll F.C is no more.

Why is Deano's appointment such a surprise?The guy has worked miracles at Wrexham with very little money at his disposal.

3. tractor bhoy

Hi, do you reckon the fact that Saunders can work with little money is one of the main reasons you appointed him? I know your resources are limited.
    His appointment came as a surprise to me as it is only really over the last couple of weeks that he appears to be getting credit for his role. He's not a name that has been constantly linked with a move to better things. I hope it works out for you

4. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Tractor!
    You do realise I am a Cardiff fan?

I'm here trying to bring some debate back to this board m8,mainly because I actually think if the fans get behind Donny they will not just survive in the Championship but thrive.Keepmoat can be a real fortress when they get behind the team and a difficult place to go for visiting clubs to pick up points.Having had a long injury list at the start of the season hasn't done S.O.D any favours and it seems the guy has also worked with a tight budget.Sometimes change can give fresh impetus and a new approach to a stylish but predictable type of football.When the Chairman gives his full backing publicly to a manager in football,we the fans know what this actually means.

How are Chops,J.E.T and Kennedy getting on down there?

5. tractor bhoy

Hi, no didnt realise you were a Cardiff fan -in that case I dont wish you luck for the season LOL! Normally I wouldnt bother asking on a rival board, other than Norwich's but Donny appear to be hit with bad luck after bad luck. We played them last year and beat them comfortably but they put out a team of 6 defenders and 4 midfielders (i think) due to a lack of fit players. It appears to have struck again this season and with a realistic board unable or unwilling to drag them into a financial hole by signing hundreds of players (understandably) then they were always going to be in a tight situation until their luck changed and with Donny I think it is luck rather than bad management. I agree I think Doncaster should be a club than more than survives at this level.
    In answer to your other question, Chopra has been OK but has been let down by our supply or lack of it so far and therefore has been isolated at time. JET seems a lazy sod who will play when it suits him, normally 5 minutes a game, although in these 5 minutes he can be very impressive and Kennedy looks best suited for a defensive role in a midfield 3. Hes been suffering from injuries recently and we also have approx 2548 midfielders so I think he will be a regular squad member but not really a starter in most matches, especially as we played 4-4-2 in our last matches and looked a lot better for it.