1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

O/T Snooker World Championships

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HullCityAFC1904, May 2, 2013.

1. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

A good way to take the mind off the football I think! Watching Ronnie O Sullivan v Trump, have a feeling some kind of meltdown is coming from Ronnie given his comments about retiring and having had enough, such a shame as one of the best sportsmen I've ever seen, without his issues he would be unbeatable. Hope he doesn't retire as threatened. Can see Trump rattling his cage early on, just starting now!

2. Is Vic there?

Is Vic there? Top Tipster

His timing isn't always great, when he comes out with his comments. Could of waited till the comp was over. You just never know what your gunna get.

Entertaining as always.

3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

That was a really odd interview, he pretty much said he hated losing, was really competitive and was going to quit after this. He must have real issues.

4. TigerReece

TigerReece Member

Some of the snooker he has played in the last couple of days has been just world class. Can see him winning this and us never seeing him again

5. HullCityAFC1904

Manic-depressive/ bi-polar, the archetypal flawed genius. He's getting help all week from a sports pyschologist. Playing like a genius at times today but also missing a few, Trump hanging in there

6. HullCityAFC1904

I hope not mate. I saw him at the UK finals a few years back, just awesome to see a genius like this. People go on about Alex Higgins but if he has plays written about him O Sullivan deserves the same or better if he quit

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I love Ronnie. It's because of him that I first got into snooker, and I imagine most people under 30 would say the same

It's sad to hear him talk about being tired of the game, but then the guy's suffered with clinical depression for years so such comments are to be expected I guess. Plus, when you've got three kids and millions in the bank, it's neither the most important thing on your mind or an economic necessity to carry on

PS. It was a bit before my time, but I piss myself every time I read about his spat with Alain Robidoux back in 1996. He's 'a character' to say the least <laugh>

8. trumpets

trumpets Member

he says this every year....

9. HullCityAFC1904

Alain Robidoux used to give me the creeps looked like he styled himself on the Yorkshire Ripper. Ronnie can make whatever comments he likes, he will always be a legend and genius to me

10. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

The scary thing about Ronnie is he could be a top 16 player if he played completely left handed.

11. HullCityAFC1904

Amazing really that ambi-dextrous side to his game, thats why Robidoux spat his dummy out as he thought he was taking the piss switching hands!

12. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

He is a genius from a, shall we say, 'colourful' family background and has made snooker watchable again. Snooker is now a corporate venture, the players sip water (well I think its water) and are turned out like clones. Technically brilliant but characteristically dead, long gone are the days of Alex Higgings, Bill Werbeniuk, Jimmy White (the younger version), Kirk Stevens, to name a few. Ronnie converted to Muslim a few years back, I don't know if he still follows that faith but it would be a shame if he did carry out his thoughts. I don't know if any of today's players can make me actually watch the sport these days although Jud Trump comes close, maybe some renegade will come along and add some colour to the dour 'celebrities' we have on the green baize today.

13. Quill

Quill Bastard

I love Ronnie. He is definitely the reason I got into snooker. A genius of the table.

14. HullCityAFC1904

Nice way to wind down after yesterday watching the final, got a bad feeling for Hawkins unless he starts keeping Ronnie from the table!

15. HullCityAFC1904

Looking a bit better now Hawkins, want to see a match not an annihilation!