1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

O/T - Ronaldo Tested to the Limit

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Nobbys Trumpet, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobbys Trumpet

Nobbys Trumpet Active Member

I watched a bit of the programme the other day and thought it was interesting. Some of the things he does on it are pretty amazing.

Has anyone seen it?! If so what did you think?

I thought it showed in bits of the programme why he was such a great footballer.

Anyways, for you that haven't seen it, it's on sky sporta 4 at 10pm tonight...so 20mins.

2. Wedge Head Tiote

The bit where they turned the lights off and he chested it in was amazing (and I don't even like Ronaldo). But they over exaggerated his free kicks they are really inconsistent he has something like a 2% success ratio.

3. Nobbys Trumpet

I agree with both comments, especially the lights one, that was amazing. However regarding the free kick you can see how hard it must be for a goalkeeper to save them, the amount they deviate is quite remarkable.

4. The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco

Still hasn't got anything on Juninho Pernambucano!

5. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Guest

When he did skill around all the people with the laser things and the ball only got hit once was pretty epic.

6. Arfa's Left Foot

Arfa's Left Foot Active Member

I thought some bits were really interesting. While others were pure ****e.

The lights thing was amazing. The 'free kicks' were awful. Not one free kick would have made it over or around a wall. Even the clips showed loads flying over the bar! He is an average free kick taker at best. I remember thinking about loads of bits that it was quite pathetic. They had him run against a sprinter(who?) and he lost the straight race by 0.3 seconds. And thats over 25m. Considering a complete nobody sprinter averages 1.2s quicker over 100m that's really not that quick. Even if it's only half a second it's still not great.

7. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

The whole thing is ridiculous. Just over the top ****e. Something's I can see why people find them interesting. But measuring how fast the ball goes after a kick is quite pathetic. He doesn't blast his free kicks at the oppositions wall at 80mp so what the ****s the point of measuring that? Most players can make a ball go 80mp..

8. Arfa's Left Foot

On that bit I was sitting thinking 'Yeah Oba hit it harder than that' <laugh>

9. Mr. Bump

Mr. Bump Member

That goal against Tottenham went at 84 mph, I think.

10. Nobbys Trumpet

I didn't see the sprinting one as I only turned it on half way through. There are quicker players in the Premiership than him so it probably wasn't the best task to do.

I thought it was also quite pointless, the only time he may hit the ball that hard is when the ball is on the edge of the box and he smashes it the keepers side, hoping the speed takes it past him, otherwise it was again a pointless task.

Tha main points I liked was the laser one, as it showed just how skillful he is, but he wouldn't do that in a match sos again makes it quite pointless. Also the lights one was unreal, but again it wouldn't happen in a match so again quite pointless.

Although the tasks weren't exactly going to happen in a match I think it showed what made him a great footballer.

11. Mr. Bump

Mr. Bump Member

You can't compare to 100m sprints because you're ignoring the acceleration at the beginning.

12. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I think they're more showing off his fitness and speed on the ball. Than actual match prowess. Like I said, I think the entire show is pointless. But I'm happy Sky have finally thought of something, they've got some right **** on there. The best thing they have is the premiership years, and now that's barely on.

EDIT: An example of ****e, is Revisita La Liga..I mean we're only interested in two teams. Real Madrid and Barca. Now we can find any of there matches online. Why they have to devote an entire show to them two teams and barely talking about the other teams is completely 'retarded' (For lack of a better word).

13. Arfa's Left Foot

The eye camera one was a farce. Basically it showed he looked at the floor in front of him and they acted like he was doing all the skills with mind power or something <laugh>

14. The Situation

The Situation Active Member

Is this on the net anywhere Id like to see it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.