1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

o/t Paul Gascoigne

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HullCityAFC1904, Feb 2, 2013.

1. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

2. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

He was *potentially* a great player, but like a handful of others who prefer to get pissed and make ****s of themselves, he never became the player he could have been. Personally I partially blame Danny Baker but ultimately it was all Gazza's own fault. Yeah, zero sympathy, we all make our own decisions in life, he made his. Same as Bullard in fact.

3. jeremygoss

jeremygoss Member

Me and my mates bet on the next celeb we thinks gonna die. Im in for 20 quid if He croaks!!

4. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

I just remember being inspired by his play as a kid, was watching the Euros and James bloody Milner and remembered Gazza, Waddle, Robson and the like, English football is in a piss-poor state now really

5. Rolling_Thunder

Rolling_Thunder New Member

Looks just the same as Alex Higgins did before he died, such a wasted Talent..

I hope he will be released from his Demons one day

6. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

All I remember Lem is feeling incredibly let down by him as he publicly threw away his talents.

7. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Every single negative element of his life has been entirely self inflicted. If he hasn't been good at football he is exactly the kind if person 99% of the nation would despise.

Edit - wrong thread! Can we shift to the Gazza one Mods? Ruddy I-fern...

8. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Gazza was a great player, but he ****ed it up for himself, never really recovered from his injury in the final against Forest & seemed to go backwards from there. He could have gone on for longer if he'd not got injured then, I think a lot of things would have been different.
    I always said if he'd been booked for the first tackle, he would never have made that 2nd tackle, but when he did, regardless of his injury, he should have been sent off.
    Hopefully he recovers from it, but it doesn't look like he's going to unfortunately.

9. Rolling_Thunder

why does he need an agent AND a manager? Too many people feeding off him, when he needs help

10. jeremygoss

jeremygoss Member

One of the funniest moments in football, when he yellow carded the ref after he dropped his card, only to be yellow carded back the second he handed it over ahaha

11. Rolling_Thunder

He was a Jimmy Bullard with Class and Talent, there will never be another GAZZA

12. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I think quite a few of Gazza's problems came about because he had mental issues.

And, another thing I could be wrong about, but I don't think I am - I believe he had a pretty low intelligence.

I don't mean that in a twatty way, I think it is just the way it is, so a bit harsh to slam him for wasting his talents. I don't think he had the mental ability to deal with what his life became.

Very talented, but very fragile.

13. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Absolute tragedy how he has ended up - George Best the 2nd I'm afraid. Brilliant talent ruined by booze

14. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

People don't understand mental health unless they've been through or watch someone go through. You can't just snap out of it or pull yourself together.

15. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

His goal in Euro 96 v Scotland where he flicked the ball over Colin Hendry's head was brilliant.

[video=youtube;t8OlfG1dF3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OlfG1dF3w[/video]

16. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Class act, but vulnerable.

I hope he pulls himself together but, sadly, it seems unlikely.

17. Rolling_Thunder

Not a fan of Man Utd nor Ferguson but I think Gazza would have done better away from London and under Ferguson's guidance look at Rooney

18. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

totally agree with this.

incredible talent, I'm hard pushed to think of a greater natural talent in my lifetime. vision like hoddle, dribbled like barnes and dead balls like beckham. unfortunately he drank over indulged like best and through weakness, being a bit thick, a bit of a lad and a hugely unprofessional attitude he got drawn into the coke/champagne lifestyle. SAF would have turned him around and we'd all be talking about him being comfortably the best English player ever.

on the back pages, beautiful. on the front pages, pitiful.

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

This^^^ a real shame it never happened. Ferguson would have improved Paul in more ways than one.

20. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

This^^^ a real shame it never happened. Ferguson would have improved Paul in more ways than one.