1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Postecoglou & Lange (& Paratici) Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Apr 19, 2021.

?

Next gaffer, who's your preference?

1. Arne Slot

2. Ruben Amorim

3. Luis Enrique

4. Ange Postocoglou

5. Brendan Rodgers

6. Graham Potter

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Now don't get sarky with me young man...I was just expanding on your answer to further educate you....

Ooppppssss...sorry ... half term...ain't been able to talk down to anyone this week <whistle>

PowerSpurs likes this.
  2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<throws sock>

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

It’s impossible to tell whether they’d be better or worse.

Though if they immediately reduced ticket prices they’d earn a hell of a lot of brownie points early on.

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Who would you prefer from the current Premier League owners?

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

And once again a section of our fanbase is pining over Marcelo Gallardo

At which point are they going to take into account the not inconsiderable detail that Gallardo doesn't speak English?

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Finally, an issue that is a matter of complete chance...

...and you can't see it. <laugh>

7. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

I hope the crowd does not turn on Nuno, he has been put into an impossible situation by the clowns at the top and does not deserve it. Nuno has been set up to fail from day one, everybody (including the players) knows that he was way down the list of candidates and giving him just a 2 year contract hardly shows much trust. I do hope the crowd turns on the clown responsible for this shiete show though, Levy. Anger and venom should be directed firmly in his direction, and hopefully it is, starting Saturday.

8. humanbeingincroydon

Paratici brought in Nuno

Paratici is a DoF

You know, the thing a section of our fanbase has been demanding for 2-3 years...?

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Who would I prefer? Hard to say, clubs in different circumstances would probably need different types of owners and it’s hard to judge how some owners of bigger or smaller clubs would do when in charge of another that’s perhaps different in stature.

But there’s some I like on the basis of what they’ve done at their current clubs:

Big fan of the work FSG have done. Hired arguably the best manager in football, backed him well and reaped the rewards for it. Promoting Michael Edwards was also a masterstroke for them, proven to be one of the best in the business for both incomings and outgoings. They’ve expanded Anfield and their highest season ticket is also only about £60 dearer than our cheapest, so fans are definitely getting value for money.

The work done at Leicester in recent years has also been very impressive, they’ve seemingly adopted the Dortmund/ Ajax model and one we used to have in terms of buy low sell high - and they’ve enjoyed some success with it too. I like the occasional fan treats they do as well with donuts/ beer, things like that are a real nice touch to fans, shows appreciation and I wish Spurs done it - lot of fans could do with a beer right about now at games!

Matthew Benham’s overseen some unbelievable work at Brentford too. Pound for pound he has to be up there with the best. A number of promotions, some brilliant work in the transfer market and especially in recent years they’ve been known to play some good football under his managers, especially the latest with Thomas Frank.

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

The crowd won’t turn solely on Nuno, they very rarely turn on a manager or individual. The frustration will be aimed at the club as a whole should the Utd game go south. Players, manager, hierarchy are all at fault for this current mess.

11. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

'Likely' is a probability word. The vast majority of the PL owners are worse than ENIC in almost every respect so I don't think my estimate is wrong.

12. PowerSpurs

The Brentford owner is my favourite by miles. I have a feeling his transfer policy would fail at higher prices, just as ours seems to have done

13. PowerSpurs

Has any incoming PL owner ever reduced ticket prices?

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Unsure but then not every PL owner charges the highest prices in Europe like we do.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  15. PowerSpurs

Londoners are generally well off compared with most other places and a lot of Spurs fans can well afford it. I wish there was a solution for the majority who can't but I don't know what it is.

16. humanbeingincroydon

Venky's did

The following season

Due to getting Blackburn relegated in record time

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

That’s generalising all of London though, if you take Tottenham in particular I’m pretty sure I read it’s the most poverty stricken area in London, or certainly one of. Surrounding areas like Edmonton, Enfield, Bruce Grove, Seven Sisters etc would likely feature low on the list too. Regardless of people’s incomes though, there’s zero justification for a club of our stature to be charging what it is. At best we’re the 6th best side in the country and yet we charge higher than everyone else in Europe? Not on. I don’t think the club will get away with exploiting the loyalty of Tottenham fans like this for too much longer, especially with the football and decisions they’re churning out in recent years.

The solution is pretty simple - lower ticket prices.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

We get higher wages thanks to London weighting but the vast amount of Londoners lose out cost travel, rent, mortgages, leisure and entertainment all cost way more...so tbh I would strongly disagree with that.
    I have no idea about the average spurs fan's income so can't offer an opinion on that.

19. humanbeingincroydon

Or, even worse, living in Croydon

remembercolinlee likes this.
  20. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

If one accepted that

1.ENIC are better than average owners of a football club (rather than an investment company); and
    2.that new owners of Spurs were going to come from the pool of existing PL owners,

you'd be right.

...but it's very, very unusual for a PL club owner to buy a different PL club, so looking at existing owners is an irrelevance. None of them will have paid close to half of the £2 billion+ that anyone buying THFC would need to pay. So, I'd say any potential purchaser at that price is likely to be as good/bad at running a business as ENIC, whose record in sporting terms is frankly, piss poor.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Billy The Spur likes this.