1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

NUFC step up fan engagement

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Good idea this like..

http://mobile.nufc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=4058881

Newcastle United have confirmed the schedule for the Club's free open training day at St. James' Park next week

Newcastle United have confirmed the schedule for the Club's free open training day at St. James' Park on Tuesday, 12th August.

As well as a first team training session featuring this summer's new signings, the 52,000-capacity stadium will feature a dedicated 'Fanzone' behind the Leazes Stand. Operated by staff from the Newcastle United Foundation, the Fanzone will include face painting, a football speed cage, climbing wall and much more.

Gates to the Fanzone and the stadium's East Stand will open at 9am before participants from a range of courses operated by the Newcastle United Foundation - the Club's official registered charity - showcase their skills on the hallowed St. James' Park pitch from 9:45am.

Next will be the introduction of Newcastle United's star-studded first team including the Club's summer arrivals - with the entire squad wearing the brand new 2014/15 PUMA home kit, which is now available to pre-order from www.nufcdirect.com .

Fans will be able to watch a full training session in close quarters as the squad are put through their paces by the Magpies' coaching staff ahead of the visit of Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City on Sunday, 17th August.

Eight lucky fans will then take on players in an on-field competition before the players take part in a private signing session for 100 members and season ticket holders who have won competitions on the Club's official website, nufc.co.uk .

The Fanzone will remain open following the session, with attractions and food and drink outlets closing at 2pm.

Lee Charnley, managing director at Newcastle United, said: "We have held similar open training sessions in previous years that were simply focused on the players but we wanted to this to be an event which is really centred around our supporters and their families.

"It will be the first opportunity many fans will have to see the new squad together so we hope as many supporters can come along as possible before we head into the new season with the return of the Premier League game next Sunday."

ENTRY: Free of charge

TIMINGS

9am - Fanzone (behind Leazes Stand) and East Stand gates open
    9:45am - Foundation training session
    10:15am - First team player introductions
    10:30am - First team training session begins
    12:20pm - First team training session ends
    1pm - Competition winners' signing session
    2pm - Fanzone closes

Newcastle United will be providing coverage of Tuesday's open day across the club's digital channels. Follow @NUFC on Twitter or visit www.facebook.com/NewcastleUnited .

2. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I like Lee Charnley. There, I said it.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I've always bogged him up mate. He was the man who got deals done pre JFK and he's delivering again.

4. Darth Gogledd

Darth Gogledd Well-Known Member

Same here. I don't get why there is all the hate for him

5. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Excellent idea other clubs should take note, giving the life blood a transfusion

6. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor.../neil-cameron-newcastle-united-should-7564419

Seems like we might be trying to take a leaf out of Shalke's notebook ..( I know we have done this sort of thing-ish before, hopefully we are trying to be more Shalke and less wet weekend Sports direct car boot sale)

German football..REALLY seems to have its act together at all levels.. Everything I learn and discover about how it is run from grass roots to international, from fans to boards..is sound, solid, good n right. Really impressed and happy that there is a good, working alternative to the 'Sky's EPL best in the world for oligarchs and dodgy money' system we have here.

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Its a start. Hopefully they will build on this. The cynic in me thinks wait and see though, we've seen these efforts before only to be followed by something unsavoury. I've got used to the idea we're run by ****s to be honest.

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

It helps that Charnley is one of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.