1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Notts county the spirit of football past

Discussion in 'Notts County' started by atcham jack, Aug 20, 2012.

1. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

is there anyone there?

2. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

only the mug.........since 606 went awol they have all vanished leaving me on here now and again.

3. goaerial

goaerial New Member

Haven't been on here for a long time - just doesn't recreate the atmosphere of the old 606, but I guess its up to the posters to decide.

I see the handful of Shrewsbury faithful have kept their board alive, and I am the first to admit how vital Turner is to them as Manager - he's as steady as any in the whole of the football league - and I mean all leagues incl. premier. While he's around the Shrews have a chance of getting a foothold in Lg1, but its going to be a long season. I didn't look much at Lg2 last year, from what I saw it looked pretty dire with little real quality, Shrewsbury got through on a great home record it seems, i'll try and get over this season.

As for Notts, I think this is the year they will go for it. Sheff Utd are not as strong this year and sides like moneybags Swindon, MK, Doncaster, Coventry, Brentford and Bournmouth will fancy a tilt at top 6. Can't see Preston or Stevenage making it. I think Keith Curle and coaches Colin Lee and Colin West are the strongest management team since Allardyce and maybe even Warnock and the squad has enough real quality now to match any of the above (injuries permitting).

For the Shrewsbury fans there are only 2 of the Lg2 winning squad left in Lee Hughes and Neal Bishop, and Hughes is set only to play a bit part this year. You will find that your team will need strengthening in most positions to be anywhere near competitive in what is a tough league, having said that with Charlton, Hudd and Sheff Weds out the way there should be more points to spread around.

4. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

my word,im in shock,cant believe it,.......................another magpie<somersault>

5. goaerial

goaerial New Member

Don't be cheeky mugpie - I know where you live....

6. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

ruddington lol...................nice of you to return goaerial.

7. goaerial

goaerial New Member

So Mugpie, another good result at Bury and a very solid away formation, we are apparently unbeaten in the last 8 or is it 9? away league matches.

My concern is that we do not have the penetration needed at home when sides put 10 behind the ball.

As a result i'm actually less confident that Notts will bag 3 points at home to the Shrews than I would if it was played away.

I'll be interested to see what they think - but I'm going to be conservative and just hope that we do not lose.

Until we get a full, fit side out regularly, I will worry about our consistency.

8. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Come and have a chat with us anytime.

I'll bake cakes.

9. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

mr G.........am i over confident or very confident im not sure with this side myself, but with whats on the bench ready to return and with the side we have now i would be amazed if it not a top six this year.
    lets face it walsall got battered the week before and with a little luck in the first half we should have got a few ,1-0 to them could have been 4-1 to notts.bury should have won yesterday but we came away with a 2-0 so i suppose it evens out.we have nobody to fear and a strong side so im happy enough.
    see you soon pompey i'll have a victoria sponge please:emoticon-0100-smile.

10. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

What's with your away kit slightly stripey

11. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

its our 150 years anniversary and it was our away kit , i think it looks awful but tradition and all that.