1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Not Derby Day Chairboys v Ewes 15th Jan 22

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Ewes make the short journey to Adams Park and while the Chairboys remain unbeaten this year the Ewes are yet to notch up a victory after drawing at home to Cheltenham then losing away at Lincoln last weekend and they currently occupy the last playoff spot 6 points behind ourselves having played a game less, this game is not classed as a derby by their fans as their biggest rivals are Swindon Town so lets hope they will be playing them next season.
    I'm not expecting Gaz to make much in the way of changes but the midfield trio of Horgan Thompson and Wheeler are pushing for a start.
    This is one of those must win games for the Chairboys and there will be a bumper crowd with not only the car park sold out but also the away end and the terrace if fact we are just over 1k short of a sell out and I will be there along with Blue Slasher and Blue Soldier looking for the lads to put in a great performance and keep the pressure on the top 2 with another 3 points<cheers>

Ron and Cardiff-Wycombe like this.
  2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Sam Vokes missing with Covid. :steam:

3. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Thompson in for Vokes. Pushing Mehmeti and McCleary further forward. I’m pleased to see Thompson and Scowen back together.

4. mowgli1960

GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLL Thompson with a 25 yard screamer!! 1-0. <party><party><party>

5. Cardiff-Wycombe

Lovely stuff.

Ron likes this.
  6. mowgli1960

GOOOAAAAALL Hanlan 2-0 <party><party><party><party><party>

Ron likes this.
  7. mowgli1960

We're currently top of the league. <party><party><party>

Ron likes this.
  8. mowgli1960

F/T 2-0 and top of League 1 with Sundferland drawing and Rotherham losing,just a shame Wigan won at Doncaster. <cheers><cheers>

Ron likes this.
  9. Cardiff-Wycombe

Great result today. Happy drinking tonight.

Ron likes this.
  10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Missed all that. Great win today <cheers><cracker>

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unfortunately it looks as though Rotherham (2 in hand) and Wigan (5 in hand <yikes>) have some easy looking games coming up. Hopefully some banana skins

12. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Went to the match today we looked completely out of sorts the first 30mins, didn't play anywhere as well as last Saturday in the first half. With no Vokes expected Bayo to come on around the 60min mark, Gareth resisted the temptation. Oxford are a complete re-run of Robinson's team at Franchise pass the ball around a lot with very little end product. When it breaks down we were away, we really should have had a couple more in the second half.

Ron likes this.
  13. philhythe

The Wigan owner is already moaning about 3 games in a week for the rest of the season,TOUGH

Ron likes this.
  14. philhythe

We have now played two of the seven teams below us at home & come away with 4pts that leaves another five home games against the teams just below us, with this form we must be in with a good chance.

Ron likes this.
  15. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And so the story rolls on. I was thinking today when I watched the results come in about 2 seasons ago when there were more than a few dripping like a good un about your lot getting promoted via the playoffs having got into them when the season was cut short. Not fair they all cried and especially when their lot didn't go up instead. Flash in the pan, fluke, you name it they think it and defy you to go up again and for the wheels to fall off. Wouldn't it be just great to be able to tell them to shut the feck up this time as there would be no fluke about it. Especially if one of the fancied fraternity lost out (you know who I mean). Keep it up and I will watch from afar with an amused look on my face if it happens. There are already a load of strange unexpected results happening just like last season.

Ron likes this.
  16. philhythe

Thinking back didn't we have an irate Peterborough supporter on here, about it, & they are really having a great season in the Championship

Ron likes this.
  17. philhythe

Tafazolli was my man of the match he had a brillant game yesterday

Ron likes this.
  18. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Good game and great atmosphere sold out terrace not too many empty seats in The Woodlands but apparently only just over 8K there I didn't see 1500 empty seats I suppose there could have been some absentees due to Covid my MOTM was Scowen with Hanlan Thompson and Tafazolli running him close

Ron likes this.
  19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> and they got thrashed 4-1 at home yesterday. Can't wait to see Derby go above them (without their points deduction they would be 11th, 7 points off the play offs).

upload_2022-1-16_17-6-5.png

20. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I’ve been taking a sick pleasure in reading the Oxford fans forum over the last few hours. Many speaking about the homophobic chanting (apparently caused by Stockos pink shirt) I’ve never seen so many Oxford fans profess to wearing pink as they squirm under the accusations. Ohhhh and their pain at losing to little old Wycombe . I thought for a moment I had found one or two fans that posted that were actually complimenting us until I read on a little further and found they choking on their own bile. I’ve copied and pasted this one as their bitterness to us is just laughable being a non derby….

I’m surprised to read so many criticising Wycombe’s football, I thought that bar the opening 15 minutes, all the decent play came from them. We huffed, puffed and blew no houses down and nor do we look like doing so for the foreseeable. We look shot and bereft of all the positives that gave us so much optimism. Does a transfer window have to be so disruptive?

Lastly, I want to see action taken against Wycombe Wanderers for their inaction in relation to the fan who shoved Gavin Whyte. That he was left to meander back to his seat and stay there without being confronted and ejected sums up that club. Small in stature and mind. They’re a better football team than us at the moment, but they’re an embarrassment as club.

I’ll take being an embarrassment and winning 2-0 all day…..COYB

Guywanderer and Ron like this.