1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not another flo/stewart day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by redflag73, Jan 27, 2011.

1. redflag73

redflag73 New Member

Alright lads
    Convert from the other 606, as I need to read the craic to reilieve the boredom daily. Looks like we we get the two midfielders in, but I am with Brucie on not diving in and paying over the knot for has beens or players not up to our standard.

2. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Hi Red<ok>

I've seen too many crocks and average players brought into the club over the years. Thankfully, we have a strong willed manager and board who will not be taken for mugs or sign players that are just not up to it, like Roy Keane did with some of his signings IMHO.

I really believe that those days are gone, with only players that will improve the squad joining in the future, hence our impending signings of Sess and Sully.

I don't think it's "Squeeky Bum" time at all and I'm confident of the top 10 finish that was the clubs target at the start of the season. Tuesday night will be the acid test. How well we perform against a resurgent Chelsea with our possible new midfield lineup will give us some idea of how strong we expect to finish the season.

A European place would just be the icing on the cake after what has been a marvelous season so far, despite the DB saga and our appalling list of injuries.

Ha'Way The Lads!

3. In Bruce I Trust

In Bruce I Trust New Member

yes Bruce is alot better with money the Roy

4. STAN CUMMINS MOUSTACHE

Evening. Its great to be linked with all of these TOP stars. Muntari oozes class. Would like NZogbia two.
    I thought Ireland might have been an option as well but i might be getting greedy !!

5. Pride&Passion

Pride&Passion Member

The thing that's impressed me is that Bruce plays transfer market increadibly well.

Keeps his cards close to his chest and treats the clubs money has his own, our net spend to league posistion since he took over must be increadible meaning any price money for a higher finish can be re-invested in the playing squad.

6. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more Pride. Steve Bruce is a totally different animal to Roy Keane who couldn't wait to spend the money! I think all of the doubters that were sounding off when SB was announced as our new manager are now aware of why he is regarded as one of the best in the business.

I liked Ireland when he was at Citeh, but his career has really taken a nosedive for some reason. I have heard from some that he can be a player that unsettles the squad, so probably the reason SB doesn't want him.