1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not a Rumour.........

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Im Jordans Cousin, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Im Jordans Cousin

Im Jordans Cousin New Member

Hi All,

Thought it was time I signed up - I wont say who I was on BBC as Ill probably instantly labelled as a WUM/Boo Boy.

As I say in the title - its not a rumour (as far as I'm aware) but what would people think about Bowyer coming back for a bit of bite / experience in midfield - with a couple of goals thrown in for good measure?

2. calydon_road

calydon_road Member

3. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

WUM ;)

We hate Lee Bowyer and he knows it so doubt he would join us. Saying that, look at Nicky Weaver, he joined us when we hated him, then we didn't mind him when he played for us, now we hate him again :)

Wouldn't mind signing Bowyer but his best years are behind him, and I think Sir Chris is trying to build a team of young bloods.

4. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Vol? Typical?

5. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i wouldnt mind lee bowyer, we'll probably make a mint off of the shirt sales and all that, especially if he beats up a McDonalds again. we could probably do with the publicity too...

6. Im Jordans Cousin

Not even close chaps, and definately no cigar.

Why do 'we' hate Bowyer? I have nothing but good things to say about him........

WeWant, I agree that we need a young squad - after all, it was an aging squad that got us relegated from prem (time for contraversy... I think Curbs left at the right time, as no younger players were being bled in - and he knew our 'over achieving' team would begin to struggle)

BUT, I do think bringing him in for his final payday would be good - Champ. League Experience (?), and like I said originally that bit of aggression we have so missed over the last few years!

7. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Well the 'we' refers to those who boo him any time he plays against us. Thought you were a boo boy? ;)

Personally I agree that we need some experienced heads in the squad, my point was simply that CP doesn't seem to want them. Centre Mid really is a position that can benefit from having a senior player with good vision, his wages are probably a bit much though.

8. Im Jordans Cousin

Well I have never booed him, and like you say - im a boo boy!

Would love him to come back, almost as a thank you to the club that made him Britains most expensive teenager!

9. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

OOOOOoooh You are a tease!

10. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

I think it was the fact he was playing for West Ham why he got booed

i'd have Bowyer back like a shot especially if it meant the end of McCormack

11. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Hello All.

I am a new poster and this seems like a good place to start. I used to drop in on the BBC site but it was near to closure so I never bothered signing up. I liked the Ducker posts - he always seemed like a laugh and generated some banter. A2C seemed like a funny one and I wonder how his reception would be if he joined up to this site?

As for Lee Bowyer; signing him would be fantastic, one of the greatest ever CAFC players in my opinion. He would be worth a thousand Semedos, Racons - even Jacksons. He could easily have another 2 to 3 years in League One and the Championship and we should offer what it takes to get him signed. The merchandise would create good income but just having him in our side would generate confidence and a fear factor in the opposition.

Well, we can dream can't we? The ones that want Lee Bowyer back anyway.

12. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Welcome Ponders <ok>
    Jordan's Cus (not Nick or A2C, so of the options given I'm going for Typical) welcome to your new home <ok>

Now then...ummm... let me think........ Lee was a young hot headed eastender (drugs and fight in takeaway with a bit of abuse thrown in) but a good footballer. He was playing Prem League and scoring goals last season so can't see him joining us in L1 but would I be willing to have him back?......Yes.....Would I be happy about it?.......No....... sadly, getting out of L1 is more important than morals, ask any Plymouth fan.

13. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I 100% agree with you AllHell. Just so long as the ends justify the means (ie we gain promotion) i couldn't care less who comes in to play for us.

14. Kerpowell

Kerpowell Member

I've heard that McCormack is wanted by Wallmart, has anybody seen or heard of this? We should let him go, he's never really impressed me, he's deffo one of our worst purchases. Frampong is well thought of at Arsenal and has the potential to be better than Song, so let's get this guy in, he's a ball winner, a passer and very athletic.

15. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Thank you for the welcome, Allhell, much appreciated.

If Frimpong turns out to be half as good as Song then signing him would be a major coup for the club.

As for Bowyer; if employment was based on society's past peccadillos then the dole queues would be much longer than they already are.

Just had to use the word 'peccadillos'.