1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not a done deal

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Prophet, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

Sorry lads don't mean to piss on your chips, but here we go..........I'm as excited about the potential Bellamy deal as anyone <ok>

Unfortunately the vital word in here is "potential". I have sniffed around every contact I can find (no smart remarks please ;) )

And whilst there is no doubt about the genuineness of Craig's intentions, after all his representatives HAVE approached Man City with a view to getting Craig released from his contract...........it is by no means a done deal. Man City can retain CB's registration until the end of his contract which effectively stops him playing for anyone else, if CB is not in Mancini's chosen 25..............then the club can ask him to play in the "East Lancs B side" or whatever, should he refuse, do they have to pay him? Currently a moot legal point.

So, Bellamy wants to come here, we want him, Man City think they can get a decent 7 figure fee for him, and they are currently in the box seat. Might well happen, but sorry lads by no means a done deal yet....................but with VT and Co in the UK this weekend for a board meeting, well I think we can expect fireworks in the not too distant future <ok>

2. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

It's the same as everything else at the moment Proph...If's, but's, rumours, speculation, opinions, WoL crap etc.

At least this week is over now and I'm looking forward to the reality of next week (well, hopefully next week)

pray.gif

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Cheers Proph,

It was always going to be Man City's call, talk is that they are looking to cut their wage bill drastically if this is right it might play into Ballamy's hands. I suppose that we will have to wait and see. Looking for some good news this weekend.

:emoticon-0148-yes:

4. concernedincardiff2011

could do without another couple of weeks like the last, i'm off to Spain for a bit of R&R, hopefully i'll come back to a new gaffer and loads of new players.

5. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

Yes, I'm afraid I may have jumped the gun. However, I'm going to be optimistic and back my source. He's in Sierra Leone (CB, not my source) at the moment but Man C know how stubborn a bugger he can be. . . I reckon they'll let it go. . .

6. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

bellamy joining us aside, isnt it outrageous that man city can directly distort competition at the top end of the table by buying up players that have been courted by rivals, only to use them as bit part players (santa cruz, bellamy, less so barry), then when they want to leave, ban them on joining any club in the top 10?

and to think people were trolling on 606 when we signed a few too many loan players that people said we couldnt afford back in august, saying we were cheating the league (i remember there were journalists writing stories to the same affect). yet peoples attitude to man city spending money they dont have is seen as good to increase competition between them and man u / chelsea?

sorry for going off topic i had to get that out of my system.

7. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

It's not off topic we could fit all them in our squad with the current player vacancies we have. We I am sure would also be happy to help them out in avoiding any of those players going to the top 10 sides.

8. DaiJones

And a few more :emoticon-0148-yes:

GLAMorgan.... I think that he will be playing for Cardiff and there is no doubt that he wants to.

9. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Sorry no disrespect but you were cheating the league! The championship fell on its arse when you and leicester felt you could bring in what you wanted! well funny as it was both never went up

10. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

I respect your opinion but you need a reality check dude. Right or wrong, at board room level it's all about business not sport. Even Master Bates would agree with that.

Can you explain at what stage we 'cheated the league'? The loan system is there to be used and Cardiff used it to its full potential. Where we finished in the league is irrelevant. Any exploitation or 'cheating' would have been jumped all over by the FA. The FA would have been made aware of any deals and they themselves agreed to them. If we managed to negotiate the wage percentage splits with the respective clubs involved, then thats good business imo. Any decent chairman with any business sense would do the same if he could.

If you're going to come back with an "it's not fare on the smaller clubs" argument, (no disrespect to any other clubs), I'll save you the time and refer you to my initial point.

All the best Tyke <ok>

11. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

how? from a cardiff point of view the directors negotiated a good value transfer for us, we paid what we were obligated to do, if anyone cheated the league it was man city who refused bellamy a move to spurs, after all you wouldnt be complaining about unfair competition if leeds were good enough to attract players of the quality we were able to.

12. DaiJones

Leeds and quality

:emoticon-0136-giggl :emoticon-0136-giggl

13. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

What if the new manager doesn't want Bellamy? I can tell you now Malky Mackay would not sign Bellamy and would not accept anyone else signing him on Cardiff's behalf.

How do you guys feel about that? You may see MacKay as your 3rd choice, and you may want him to accept Bellamy, but it wont happen. Clearly any signing, particularly a "marquee signing" needs to be with the approval of any incoming manager.

14. GLAMorgan

GLAMorgan Active Member

It's fair comment to say that it's down to the new manager but I'd be interested to learn how you know this for sure.

"I can tell you now Malky Mackay would not sign Bellamy and would not accept anyone else signing him on Cardiff's behalf."

Why would he not take on Bellamy? Would it be because he's an idiot? Any manager worth his alt would snap him up at the moment because that's where his passion is - getting City up.

15. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Nobody has mentioned MM here except you (that was a different thread you helped ruin).
    You can tell me all you want to but unless you know your beloved Malky on a personal level, you have no idea whether or not he would want to sign Bellamy. He has never been in a position to even consider signing someone like Bellamy so your argument is flawed from the start.
    My personal belief is that the decision on the new boss has already been made, just not made public yet (finalising paperwork etc) so any behind the scenes deals (eg the sale of Chopra) would have been done after consulting him, whoever he is.

I don't see Mackay as 3rd choice. I'd put a good 5 or 6 before him. He would be ok and would get my backing but we can do better IMO
    How do YOU feel about that?

16. DaiJones

Must be Watford's answer to Carl.

Dull as fukc

17. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

took the words out of my mouth.

couldnt have put it better my self mate :)

18. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

One thing MacKay knows Bellamy well (they played together at West Ham in 2004/5), so they aren't strangers.

You guys obviously have your reasons for wanting Bellamy to join Cardiff - fair enough, but there has been a lot of talk at Watford over the last 5 years about how MacKay and Boothroyd handled "marquee players". The consensus is MacKay has to be in charge and doesn't take kindly to any player being "bigger" than the rest of the players in the squad.

My concern is over Watford and how long MacKay will remain manager. We all know he will leave, but we want him to join a "top rank club", and a Bellamy dominated Cardiff are not that.

Good luck with Craig Bellamy, this division needs "characters".

19. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Finally, we agree on something. The manager at any club has to be in charge <ok>

Where Bellamy is concerned, yes he has the experience, reputation, impressive CV etc but from what I saw last year, once he had his Bluebird shirt on, he was one of 11 on the pitch (albeit one of the better ones). He's a Cardiff boy through and through and from speaking to him personally, (no, I don't know him personally, just bumped into him one day) and from listening to interviews, he wants whats best for the club and not for himself. His passion and motivation in the dressing room is unquestionable and I think any manager, at any club would welcome that in his squad.

Besides, it's still all speculation at the moment, but we all have dreams and we all love a local hero.

Neither clubs fans would admit the other club is bigger than theirs. It's your opinion and I respect that but your repetition on that point could go on for ever.

All the best Hornet <ok>