1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not a bad day

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Nov 6, 2011.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WELL 3-1 NOT AS GOOD AS 3-0 BUT 2 OFF THE DEFICIT

Would agree a bit more fluidity in the play, shame the 2 week break starts now.

ALL round was a pretty mixed day for us, Blackpool, Soton and Midds did us a favour, whilst we need Brighton Leeds/Leics and Brum to do it today.

Pompey beating Florest would have been better as a draw, and IPSWICH LET US DOWN BY LETTING DONNY IN!

We now need to get a win and a draw better than Watford,
    and 2 wins better than Florest, Millwall, Barnsley,Burnley and Reading TO GET above the relegation zone....(bottom 6/7 teams)

supreme optimism may even get some getting a bit euphoric and dreaming of the play offs...........is it possible? I dont know at the moment. But am working on it, on the face of it is "only" 5 results, 4 wins and a draw better than Bpool or Cpalce, but Brum, in form has games in hand,as has Leeds/Leics playing today

It may even get the totally negative and player bashing brigade to retreat back under the turf.....:emoticon-0102-bigsm :emoticon-0102-bigsm :D

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

always believe, im afraid the gas heads wont be watching me eat **** at there tin pot ground <laugh>

the millwall games on tv isnt it ?

3. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

John, forget about the rest - keep winning and we soon go up the table....

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2011/12 season....

Under Millen...League games played 10....W 1.D 3.L 5.....GF 8...GA 18.......Points 06...
    Under Delboy.League games played 04....W 2.D 1.L 1.....GF 5...GA 04.......Points 07...

Stats prove there is no denying the improvement but as Prem said, " Forget about the rest - keep winning and we soon go up the table"....

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Looks like now you have a decent manager you have start to get your season going. Do you think this season is a write off or do you think you could go on a run and challenge for the play offs. Its happen before in this league

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

It has happened before, but safety is the most important thing this season, there are still a lot of games to go but we have to keep our feet on the ground and be realistic. There are still some strong teams in this diversion.

7. Chimpster

Chimpster Member

Our defensive frailty will still be our undoing so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up losing some games 3-2 etc. Still, it's way to early in the season to have to worry about what the teams around us are doing. If we keep winning games, it's all going to be fine. Great game yesterday, plenty to be cheery about!

8. Premiershiporbust....

Clearly we are not the finished article yet, it will be interesting to see what DM does with our defence. Personally, I think that Ribs and young Wilson are outstanding prospects and should form the backbone of our defence with a couple of experienced pro's to help them for many years to come...

9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I thought you were the player basher J2...
    Remember, most of us said with the right manager, the squad that we have is much better than how Keef used them?
    You said that Keef & Wiggs were unable to do anything with them......so it must be the players.
    I said with just couple of signings in Jan and with the right manager we would do well..

10. Mr Bristol

Mr Bristol Member

No doubt about it, this season is a write off.

Safety is number 1 priority, forget the play offs and forget top half of the table.

Yes we are only 3 points of safety at the moment, but if we lose the next game and Watford and Forest win, we will be 5 points from Safety.

Dont get carried away and dont expect to much!!!

11. johngalleyfan2

chimpster, dont worry about the defence,DEMI has this covered with DJ, Fonts Niagra and McG

ONE4
    obviously dont read the posts too well if you thought that, I never bashed LJ, and certainly was one of the first to highlight the impending bashing of Niagra, and Wooly!

Whether it is KEEF or DEMI I still think we have an average squad, with quite a few youngsters ready to make their mark,along with 3/4 NPC quality players

can you highlight which post for me cant find in my notes...cheers
    We pretty much ALL said we need a couple players in January even KEEF was guilty of that, and as for the right manager, well every fan wishes that "the rightman"..... GRANTED SOME OF US wanted to give Keef a chance, and 10 games or so was fair

We do have a couple of useful defenders alright and Ribs off to Carlisle will help his progress and probably sharpen his reflexes!:D

Prem, you cant forget the rest, but agree we need to just keep on winning, the table is now beginning to evolve and it is not impossible to get 70 points....thats 57 from a possible 90 so in the short term lets make that our target....:emoticon-0102-bigsm
    thats about 2 points per game. and just hope that teams 5 to 10 currently, dont make 1.5 points a game (at the mo its/they are 1.6 ave) to stop us!!:emoticon-0107-sweat

12. Premiershiporbust....

I most certainly won't forget about the top half of the table - if the new winger that has been mentioned is one of the old school type who will go to the line, look up and pull the ball back for a tap-in, with our forward line options, I will back us to outscore the opposition more often than not.

Great though Albert is, he is wild and uncontrolled (but improving) and it took Pearson top show how to pull the ball back for Brett's goal - much more of that and we will be a force to reckon with.

This is not unrealistic, we have never failed to amass less than 60 points since we returned to this division and I see no reason why we can't do that and better...

13. johngalleyfan2

most of the 60 last season came in the last 16 games , about 1.75 per game if aveaged over aseason would be about 90 points!

top 10 this season? its what a lot of us would have been happy with