1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not 606

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by TheLittleGeordie, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

Has really gone downhill since old 606 closed and the transfer window opened. It used to be brilliant with a relatively small group of fans getting along and talking about football. Now it's **** and full of articles about the same subject all of which descend into a different argument which ends up making people look like right childish bell ends.

Sorry to make a thread about it cos I know we've had enough today but I've gt fed up from reading 20+ articles about Kevin Nolan most of which cover the exact same subject.

Perhaps I need a break or a good nights sleep <laugh>

2. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

This, you should. I need one aswell to be honest! But I agree with most parts.. I think it's because some of the ''leftovers'' that stayed in the old 606 are now coming here & the quality of posts/threads isn't that great, still a great forum though!

3. Arfa's Left Foot

Arfa's Left Foot Active Member

Still a great forum, but has a few members I can't stand these days!

Today though, the amount of threads has been unreal, but the forum activity has been buzzing!

4. Leon Bessi

Leon Bessi Active Member

Its probably cos theres no proper news to discuss.
    Wait till next season and the forum will probably improve.

5. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

If you don't like it, leave.

6. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Yeah there's less actual football to talk about when the season is over so whenever something comes up it figures that it would get run into the ground as much as possible. When the new season starts again I'm sure it will resume service as normal.

7. Toon_Tiger

Toon_Tiger Guest

I brought this up the other day. some dross has weaved its way into the community though i have spotted a few posters who are new and talk some sense mind... but we seem to have alot of idiots posting these days... hope it settles down and the nobs get bored.

[NSFW]Willy's tehehe[/NSFW]

8. Finnbad The Sailor

Can't be arsed making my own OT thread all though people might be glad after the countless threads about KN already describe in OP. With that in mind 'Fathers Day' - another one of those days where we are encouraged to buy cards and presents and other **** to show appreciation for daddy dearest. I've got the card thing down, piece of piss he likes to read stuff with a massive verse or two in there so that's not hard, problem is the present side of things.

He reads quite a bit being old and what not (I'm sure a few of you can relate) thrillers mainly but I'd imagine he reads other stuff as well so do any of you posters have any favourite books, anybody bought their dad something... Also my kid the little bellend that she is went and bought him my original idea (never discussing what we're going to get people again!!) so that's why I'm looking for books.

9. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

That's a bit rude.. :(

10. Hatem Is A Geordie

Hatem Is A Geordie Active Member

When the **** is fathers day?!

11. AH

AH Active Member

Probably cuz of all the Nolan news and the fact naff all else is going on. Will be fine when we get back into the season. And all the **** posters and wums will all get bored and filter out eventually.

12. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

I find that a bit rude considering I'm one of the people who has made an article and participated in the discussions.

If someone doesn't like the forum I don't understand why they add yet another thread (irony alert) and complain about it. No one is forcing anyone to use the forum.

13. AH

AH Active Member

This sunday I think mate. Just getting me dad a card.
    Was thinking of getting one of those " you're like a dad to me " cards as a joke... not sure how he'd take it though.

14. Finnbad The Sailor

This sunday mate

15. Snorlax

Snorlax Active Member

Theres a group of us who have been commenting since January then there are loads of newbies since that. Some are good useful commenters, and some are trash.

16. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

Good point, but I think the OP is saying that this forum is getting ''overcrowed'', ''packed'' in terms of the same discussion being held(Nolan today for example) & that a ''minority'' of users are wums.. I don't even know, I'm just trying to be a neutral in discussion! :)

17. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Only so much to talk about when there's no weekly game to discuss. The standard does seem to have dropped and it could have something to do with the influx from the Beeb who haven't settled in yet. It'll get back to normal once they get used to the new style and freedom offered to them from not606.

Here's hoping anyway. <ok>

18. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

I don't see the big deal meself. Absolutely nothing else is happening of any interest, and then the best captain we've had in years gets sold. I can forgive pretty much everyone for having a whole bunch of opinions and articles on the subject. They will die down fairly quickly.

19. Arfa's Left Foot

Arfa's Left Foot Active Member

Chill, he's just saying that there are a lot of WUMs these days that don't participate in discussions and just insult people for having a different opinion.

20. Badgers Assemble

Badgers Assemble Well-Known Member

I dont know what else you expected, our captain leaving is pretty big news and there was bound to be loads of threads about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.