1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Norwich City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by NickH, Sep 21, 2017.

1. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

A lot of back-slapping has been going on after the impressive Stoke win, but it's back to the bread and butter of the League again, away at Norwich.

Results for them have been very mixed, but ultimately, they'll be disappointed with how they've started the season. They have recorded three clean sheets in a row in the league, with narrow wins over Birmingham and Sheffield Utd and drawing 0-0 with Burton, as well as a good 3-1 win over Brentford in the Cup, so maybe they've turned a corner, following a 4-0 thrashing at Millwall.

They've been a bit light on the goalscoring front ; Nelson Oliveira is an undoubted talent, but is likely to miss out through injury. Goalkeeper Angus Gunn (son of Norwich legend Bryan) is on loan from Manchester City and impressing so far.

I'd like to think we'll have enough about us to score at least one - hopefully, our defence can keep it tight, as the one area we could possibly be critical of is that we've conceded a few too many goals.

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Could be the hardest game of the season for us so far.....Any points from this game will be a bonus IMO..

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I sense another win on the cards :wink:

Red Robin likes this.
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Most of us would have snapped off your hand if you offered the 7 points we got from Reading, Wolves and Derby County and when you throw in a great win over Stoke it might make us think we are invincible. But hang on a minute before we start dreaming about the future we need to take care of the now scenario and Norwich is the perfect test of where we are at in our season.

Carrow Rd has always been a tough test for teams with more pedigree than us and now seems like a perfect time to show the others that we are made of sterner stuff than previous year's models. Considering the changes we made from a successful outing in the league for the win in the League Cup would appear to indicate that we do in fact have a strong squad with depth to back it up. Many years have been spent discussing where we need to be and what we need to do to make a team that could challenge at the top end of the Championship and from my side of the pond it looks like we are nearly, if not totally, prepared for that adventure. Trying to pick one match that will show us our potential is almost impossible at this still early stage of the season but if we can come away from East Anglia with all 3 points then maybe, just maybe, this could at least be a good omen for the rest of the campaign.

Red Robin likes this.
  5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

We can go and win here,just keep doing what we're doing.

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I think both sides will negate each other until the last minute , still we went close!

7. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I guess if we lose on Saturday, you'll be posting on Sunday 'I cant see where our next 3 pts are coming from'

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I think fear of heights could be our biggest enemy in this game rather than Norwich. LJ and the lads need to keep believing in their ability - not think 'oh dear - how did we get here?'

Red Robin likes this.
  9. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with a point tbh, let's keep our feet on the ground and just focus on remaining unbeaten for now.

10. Red Robin

Something has changed on last season,surely you can see that,i assume you do get too games home or away?

11. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

One of things I noticed is lee relationship to the bounce around song has changed this season

12. Loathsneyd

I do but the only thing that has changed is your attitude. I always thought that this is what Lee was building towards but too many fans want instant success and cant see the bigger picture.

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Even the most rational of City fans will have had major doubts over LJ's ability (and suitability) for the job since his appointment.

He has the total protection of the owner when most other clubs would have sacked him last season and no-one would have blamed them.

The jury is still out on him for me, and not because of who's son he is, just because the whole way in which SC was sacked and LJ was appointed left a bad taste in the mouth.

We finally appear to be going the right way and recent results and performances have been very encouraging, but only time will still tell whether this will work or not.

Red Robin likes this.
  14. Loathsneyd

All this time will tell nonsense is getting on my nerves. Time has told. Its just people giving him time to fail and lets face it most managers will fail in the end. You either back him or you don't. We've lost two of the last 17 games (both to Birmingham) and people are saying give him time. During that dreadful run we didn't go 17 games without winning at least 2 of them but there wasn't many people calling to give him time then.

manxrobin likes this.
  15. Red Robin

My attitude has changed,simply because he is doing what he is paid to do,win football matches.plus the squad is doing very very well at present.

16. Loathsneyd

So we can expect your attitude to change again when we lose? You seem to have a goldfish memory. Can only recollect what's just happened :emoticon-0130-devil

17. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

We are still not favoured by the pundits - from the BBC:

SAM's prediction
    Home win 51% Draw 25% Away win 24%

18. Red Robin

We don't mind let's just keep on doing what were doing.

19. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

THE WAY it is likely set up gives the home team a start, after all the majority of all match's are home wins!

20. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Backing him is not the issue , of course I back him he's our manager. The only reason I wanted him to go last season was at the time it seemed to me the only way to avoid the drop , and you must admit it was an awful run.
    This season so far I admit he has proven me wrong, not only by the results but by the style and manner of the results, it's the memory of this time last season and what happened afterwards that prevents me from being entirely convinced , although I do concede this may be unjustified.
    So for me a little more time is needed before I become a fully fledged Johnsonin man

bcfcredandwhite likes this.