1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Norwich Boss Lambert want Naughton on a perm

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by CanarySpurs, Jan 2, 2012.

1. CanarySpurs

CanarySpurs Active Member

Lambert revealed Naughton’s signing is part of his January transfer window plans after the youngster produced an impressive display in a more unfamiliar left back role in this afternoon’s 1-1 Premier League draw against Fulham - Simeon Jackson’s last gasp header cancelling out Orlando Sa’s first half thunderbolt.

Lambert spoke with Spurs’ counterpart Harry Redknapp following the midweek 2-0 defeat at Carrow Road and the Canaries’ boss confirmed he is interested if Tottenham decide to cash in on Naughton.

“Yeah, obviously because of what’s happened and the way he has played,” said Lambert. “Hopefully it will be tied up. I spoke to Harry briefly the other night and I will probably speak to Harry again really soon. He is only a young lad learning the game and getting better every game. Kyle I thought was excellent.

“As I said yesterday, we aren’t going to have millions and millions of pounds to spend on players. You look at the wages of people. We can’t do it. The lads need help. No doubt, but that is easier said than done. People might say there is money there. We’ll wait and see.”
    (Source: Eastern Daily Press)

What would your views be on this? I've seen him a few times this season, and he's looked pretty solid defensively as well as going forward. I wouldn't mind keeping him as backup, but that would probably spell the end for Corluka - which may upset Luka and Niko(?)

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd keep him, too.
    Corluka wants to leave, by all accounts, so it's virtually a no-brainer.
    I'd be quite annoyed if we let him go to Norwich in January, especially as it seems like they've got very limited funds.

Back-up and competition for Walker next season, as well as being competent as an emergency left-back.

3. Ghoddle10

Ghoddle10 Active Member

It would seem sensible to keep him as cover.

Norwich can't afford the £5m+ that I suspect Levy would want, so it's probably a no go anyway

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

He's back up for both full backs, so we need to keep him. Frankly, we should've loaned him until January, as Benny is presumably knackered at the moment.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'd 100% keep him.

Charlie wants out and I'm still unsure whether Rose can be of any real competition to Benny.

Naughton's looked really good at Norwich (in fairness looked really good at Leicester last year too) and I think he deserves a crack to challenge Benny/ Walker for a place in the first XI. He can play RM too so could always be used as an emergency replacement for Lennon, has a great cross on him when he uses it.

6. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Nope. He was the homesick out of the Kyles though wasn't he? If he wants to move back north then I'd have thought Newcastle would be a better option both for him and for us getting money for him.

7. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Perm?....Naughtons got a Number1 hasn't he. <run>

8. No Kane No Gain

<tumbleweed>

:p

9. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Coats on don't worry! <laugh>

10. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Tell Lambert where to go. Keep him and Caulker for next season when Corluka, Bassong and probably Gallas won't be Spurs players.

11. No Kane No Gain

I'll create a distraction while you leave...

Kyle to sign for Norwich? Naughton your life!

12. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

Instant cure for homesickness: A permanent contract and 30 grand a week. I say keep him.