1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No-one Likes Us We Don't Care

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by SE16, Apr 19, 2011.

1. SE16

SE16 Member

Not sure if you fellas or ladies know but Andrew Woods has written a book regarding Millwall hooligans from the 60's onwards. Although this book isn't just about hooliganism it relates to the areas surrounding the club, it's history plus funny quips from opposing fans.

I've found it hard to put down and apparently there is another in the pipeline. The interesting thing about this book is that the "so-called" members of the firm have asked to remain anonymous unlike other hooligan books.

An interesting read from real life events, again not just based on hooliganism.

<ok>

2. Showoff

Showoff Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Have you finished the book? Worth getting? It gets a drilling on Amazon BUT the reviewers are not WALL. Given our hate for the press and that in the 40 or so years since it started NO ONE has written a book about us, I suspect that the book might be one journalist trudging through the web sites and doing some copy/paste.
    If it has the one about me running into the Boleyn and taking out 50 Hammers armed with just a plastic spoon.........it's worth a read.

3. rockymountainlion

If it has the one about me running into the Boleyn and taking out 50 Hammers armed with just a plastic spoon.........it's worth a read.

I guess a plastic spoon comes in handy when taking on a ice cream firm........<whistle>

4. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

why have they remained anonymous suggests most of it is fabricated bollocks to me,,,,,any dick can write a book and keep the people anonymous that way they can say just what they like,,,,I WANT NAMES AND ADDRESSES,

5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

NOW THAT I CAN BELIEVE because we have a name <laugh>

but why the **** did you need a plastic spoon,,,,,,cant believe that <doh>

6. SE16

SE16 Member

Can't give you an answer to that fella but what I can say is that I finished the book after 3 days albeit it is not War and Peace but I couldn't put it down.

A bit like the Colin Johnson book a few years ago. It might be a load of fabricated bollocks but I enjoyed reading it anyhow. If you can part with £6.99 I'd say give it a try it's the price of a couple of beers.

<ok>

7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

S E 16
    i am gonna try order it tomorrow, sounds good m8 <ok>

where i live you can buy 8 pints for 6.99 but to be honest the beer here is a load of fabricated bollox, dishwater,<laugh>

8. SE16

SE16 Member

<laugh>

9. Showoff

Showoff Active Member
    Forum Moderator

8 pints? Where do you live, Transylvania?

10. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

just over a euro for a pint but like i said its kak i can buy a bottle of wine for 1 euro which is good value for money and often is pretty good means i can get blotto for 3 euros<ok> im a real ale man but you cant get it here but sometimes i can get the gassy stuff with a widget but its expensive,,,,,

11. SE16

SE16 Member

**** me your showing your age now !

<laugh>