1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No No Nooooooo not Hodgson

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by southernfox, Mar 1, 2017.

1. southernfox

southernfox Member

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would even be looking at appointing Roy Hodgson?

Have the owners never watched an England with him in charge!

1/ Your top goal scorer taking the corners instead of being in the box to score the goals we needed.

2/ The whole England team running around like headless chickens and absolutely clueless as to what they should be doing?

3/ Always playing his players completely out of position.

4/ Totality tactically inept!

The man is a total buffoon…….off to the retirement home with him.

2. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

To be fair... Nobody has done a good job with England for the last 20+ years!

But I do agree, he did make some particularly bizarre decisions.

He actually did well in the Premier League with Fulham and West Brom (Liverpool was too big a step for him)

I wouldn't want him though... May as well give it to Shakey, until the end of the season at least?
    Not really sure who else there is out there?

3. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

FFS!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO!

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is almost exactly the same response as when we were linked with Raneiri - who if we remember was also a tactically inept, failed international manager.

Keep the faith FFS <doh>

5. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Chill lads - Shaky back as favourite with Sky now. Only time will tell who we get, but I doubt it will ever be as bad as some of the muppets we have had over the last 50-60 years.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  6. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Ranieri failed with Greece, good points have been made about him doing well with clubs outside of the top 6, though i don't think this is the kind of appointment that will inspire the players and hes been out of club management for too long to make an instant impact imo, so i agree with the "not for me" comments.

If it does happen, i'd love to be a fly on the wall when he first runs into Drinkwater!

7. LEICESTER FOSSE

LEICESTER FOSSE Active Member

Shaky til the end of the season, then have a good look around in the summer instead of a knee jerk re-action.
    Skaky will be able to do the job of keeping us up. That´s all that matters this season.

8. outonthefloor

outonthefloor Member

I would rather have Homer Simpson than Woy.

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Predag whatever time again?

10. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

After reading the article on Ranieri's sacking in The Times I'm beginning to think it was the players who are responsible for the success over the last 2 seasons, and nothing to do with the manager. They itook on board Pearson's management philosophy but (thankfully) ignored his playing instructions and conjured up the great escape. They then took the same system forward to last season because Ranieri chose to keep things the same and won the league. When Ranieri started to change things this season the wheels well and truly came off and we ended up staring at relegation. Let's get back to basics and stick with the tried and tested - Shakey.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.

11. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

All very neat but it ignores the obvious...Ranieri surprised everybody with his opening day forward line of Vardy and Okazaki ...switched to 4-4-2 ...switched full backs after the Arsenal game and paired Kante and Drinky ...Vardy, Drinky and Simpson, peripheral at best under Pearson became fixtures under Ranieri...

Ranieri managed the squad to the title ...let's not attempt to reinvent history because we are getting pelters in the press ...Ranieri managed teams to nearly win titles in Spain, Italy, France and England before he joined us ...he simply went one better with us :)

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Breaking News - new article in The Times - Sir Alex Ferguson was not actually that good a manager ... it was the players every time ... apparently they ignored everything Sir Alex said and just did it their own way ... the evidence was there ... it's why he often looked angry on the touchline .... latest rumour is that he will now be stripped of his knighthood ... and there was probably canabis in his chewing gum too ... <whistle>

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

It's Preki time...

15. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Not reinventing history, Fosse. Just trying to get the manager's role into some sort of context. The style of play had been established under Pearson. What Claudio brought to the club was a different way of managing players and the press and projecting the club's values to the outside world, while maintaining much of the status quo on the pitch. His managerial record deserved the respect of the players but the way things were done on the pitch was a continuation of the end of season performances from the previous campaign. Claudio was definitely more tactically astute and his substitutions were always understandable. He brought a feelgood factor to the whole club, kept the players' morale high but feet firmly on the ground. Those were invaluable pieces of player management. It gave the players the confidence and self belief on the pitch to go and win the impossible.

But he seems to have been affected more by second season syndrome than the players. He made big changes behind the scenes by trying to make his own mark and it all went horribly wrong. Routines were changed and what worked before has been sacrificed, plus the big money signings and pay rises for some unsettled the dressing room. He deserves much credit for what he did last season but has to shoulder much of the blame for what went wrong this time. Now it is only the players under a manager who really understands this squad who can make it right again.

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Agree with a lot of what you say ... but it almost seems there is now a movement to withdraw credit for Ranieri's acheivements which is frankly daft ...

Simpson, Fuchs, Kante, Drinkwater, Vardy, and Okazaki either didn'r play during the great escape or, in Vardy's case, was used as a wide left sided option rather than through the middle ... add to that the less used but still significant impacts of Gray, Amartey and Dyer who also never played under Pearson plus a switch from a back 5 to 4-4-2 and an argument that the style of play had been 'established under Pearson' seems incredibly flimsy ...just saying..

17. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

This would be the worst appointment. I don't think it's even his recent reputation of his ability tactically etc as ranieri came with a similar reputation as someone pointed out. However, Ranieri is a top guy whereas Woy has no personality and I really can't imagine him motivating this bunch. Keep away

18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Apparently there has now been a significant move in the betting market for Tony Pulis <doh> I kid you not ....

Shakey for me - through to the end of the season - we are stuck with the current squad and nobody knows them better ... the end ... simples <ok>

19. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

20. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Daily Mail reporting us having talks with NI boss Michael O'Neill.