1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Did he pass the FL test for a Club Owner?

2. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Yes and he would have passed the fit and proper test for the EFL and PL. He isn’t a crook.

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Crazy isn't it. Can you imagine handing a CV in with that level of failure and still getting the job?

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

There’s a very good article by Martin Samuel about the failed Newcastle deal. If it’s played out in public it won’t get done
    You go in for a club you get the deal done and then the press and fans find out. As soon as it’s played out in the press it doesn’t happen.
    Grieve was fluffing the trust before a deal was anywhere near done!! Why?
    The fans would have been grateful for any new owners?
    Think the Chinese did have the cash but failed the fit n proper so they were serious. Bit for whatever reason didn’t come back

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The bit I didn't get about that, was it was one member of the group that killed it, and was always going to. Why didn't they just come to some backdoor arrangement to keep him off the books?

6. The Omega Man

Peter Grieve is as far as I can see a good bloke, I have total respect for him and would probably been his bestie mate if I met him, what’s not to like.
    Everything he said was the right thing to say.

7. HulluvaGuy

HulluvaGuy Active Member

It’s all coming out now, finally.
    People are daring to have an honest debate that isn’t all blinkered by hatred for the owners.

Some idiots think I am pro Ehab, despite having lost my rag about the cancellation payments and ditching my season ticket.
    I’m just pro facts, and pro being realistic about the predicament we are in.

I blame the owners for being spiteful and losing trust over a spat with the council. I don’t blame them for being the evil scum that you seem to have to accept to gain entry here.
    I don’t even resent Ehab for enjoying the PL kudos and the bigtime, as he was entitled to it.

I’m just sad how it played out, how we missed a few opportunities, had some very bad luck, and sad how we find ourselves now in a big hole that no side seems to be able to get out.

I’ll throw blame where it is due, but I won’t let the usual idiots on here spread rubbish and hatred because it’s the done thing. We had some bloody good times in the last decade. We have had some awful ones. We need to make the best of where we are, and begin to think a little more clearly about how we can improve rather than implode.

8. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Which they obviously managed to do to buy reading, so why not to buy us

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Wonder how much they paid for reading?
    And not exactly done out great with them either

10. The Omega Man

They actually got stiffed with Reading. The Thai owners who sold it to them, retained all of the development around the stadium and even the car parks, which they now want to develop. The Dia’s got the stadium, training ground and club. It took them a while to figure things out, but they are slowly getting there.

11. The Omega Man

£4.67 plus vat.

12. NaNaNa

NaNaNa Active Member

"George Honeyman was one of the few to show fight that evening but his CV says he has only had one season in senior football that did not end in relegation – and that was spent failing to get out of League One with Sunderland."

Brutal

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You're a very odd poster, you've posted 110 times, 75% of those posts are on this thread and most of the other 25% are about the membership scheme. You've never posted a single post on a player, a team selection, or any result, you seem only interested in how much a ticket costs and how much the club costs. Bit weird.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Perhaps they would have if they'd had chance.

Can anyone find anything at all from the PL actually saying that the Dai's takeover failed the Fit and Proper Test? I don't think I've ever seen anything confirming it.

What actually happened as I recall it, is that Assem Allam arrived at the funeral of a supporter and told anyone who'd listen that the deal was off, due to the F&P test. That included Burnsy who went and broke the news.

This has become accepted as fact ever since but it's Assem's version of events. Ever since it broke I've been waiting for the PL to confirm it.

What I've always suspected actually happened is that the Premier League raised some concerns about this one individual, and rather than allow it to be sorted out, Assem just pulled the plug. We know that with him everything is completely black and white, and we know he's obsessed with the idea that everyone is out to rip him off. I think he got scared, or maybe even just misunderstood, since we also know his brain isn't the best.

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Technically, they never took the owners and directors test, the Premier League raised issues with one of the proposed investors and asked for more information about their involvement, none was provided and the test never actually took place (Daily Mail).

PLT likes this.
  16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

https://www.ceotodaymagazine.com/20...iggest-companies-that-are-making-zero-profit/

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Maybe Martin Samuel got it wrong.

Dai Yongge and his sister Dai Xiu Li, respected in business, were the public face of the takeover. Yet when the details were presented to the Premier League it appeared another figure, Hang Tao, would also own 50 per cent of Hull.

The Premier League ran their usual checks and were unconvinced. They didn’t like the structure of the consortium, they didn’t like Hang Tao. The numbers were not adding up. The deal could not proceed in this form.

Dai Yongge and Dai Xiu Li said they would go forward without their partner. The Premier League said this was unacceptable, too. They felt they had been misled.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f.../Football-club-owners-fit-proper-useless.html

18. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

What’s ‘coming out’?
    Everything you’ve suggested was suggested by others at the times it was happening.
    Only difference is most people were honest that they didn’t know exactly what happened for a fact and said that.
    You said yourself that you’re opinion is partly based on things posted on here!
    So as far as I can see nothing is ‘finally’ coming out.
    Created an interesting discussion mind you, even though everything has been previously speculated upon by others.
    Some people hate the Allams more than you do. That’s just how it is.

Interesting last sentence though. What do you mean by ‘thinking clearly about how we can improve rather than implode‘ What is it that you think we, as fans, can do to improve things?
    One extreme example would be for everyone who has boycotted to come back, and the club to increase ticket prices so there was more money for players.
    Another extreme example would be for every single person to boycott to force the Allams out and hasten new owners.
    Neither of those will happen completely, so what do you suggest fans do?

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

As I see it, the discussions on here have been largely one sided, as anyone that points out that the comments about the Allams are not always accurate, gets shouted down as an Allam fan, as people just don't want to hear it. I think that puts fans in a much weaker position, as several of the comments don't stand up.

Whether he's got inside knowledge or not, it's always worth hearing an alternative view and having a discussion on the points, rather than the personal issues, in my view.

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Samuel seems to know more than most. It's the only time I've seen the name Hang Tao mentioned. The same paper reports that the test never even took place as per OLM's quote. Pretty clear that the situation wasn't as Assem has had us believe.