1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

Songs and statues? Not as crazy as it sounds. Yes, there could well have been a driver to that effect from the fanbase...........

Ah,yes, ****!!!

2. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

...and today's cryptic crossword clues are brought to you by Girty Bucket.

3. Asterix

I don't believe there was a Plan B. Get in, get the freehold, get out. Only when the council said no, was the football side contemplated.

4. Asterix

I believe at the time there were other interested parties. Who were well aware of the revenues demand for 20 odd million plus a similar amount hovering in the background. While they did some numbers and ummed and aahed, Papa steams in on the blind side.

5. HulluvaGuy

HulluvaGuy Active Member

If you read my post I said rich relative to other football club owners. Not to you.

And I am certain the bidders aren’t big hitters as the people who are get deals over the line without muppets like Jarvis and Duffers linked.

I’ll blow my socks off on the pitch if we get bought by anything other than a mediocre, leveraged consortium.

FLG and Asterix like this.
  6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

No you didn't, you just said rich investors. Anybody looking to spend that kind of money isn't going to be a regular businessman, like the bloke that bought Sunderland. Duffen doesn't go around brokering deals, he's just involved in this one because he wants to be part of the club again. You're expecting disappointment because it's what we've become accustomed to. It doesn't mean that's what's definitely going to happen.

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Anything can’t be more of a disappointment than what we have at present. Any takeover would be welcomed. They only have to do a few things to get the fans back on side.

8. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

I think Allam snr can see the looming bigger picture. If they don't offload before xmas and the transfer window we have a real chance of been relegated this year. What is a league 1 club worth now. He will sell for less than he really wants or could be stung bigtime.

GLP and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  9. Stan City Rocker

Stan City Rocker Active Member

Spot on.

10. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

IMHO I don't think old man Allam or boy-blunder would give a toss if we end up at the arse end of league 2. They seem to hold a grudge, long term, and will, in my opinion, welcome us in L2 so they can stick two fingers up to the fans....

11. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

They have done that already. They need to sell before this window. Selling a L1 or L2 club will significantly reduce the value - I think they want to come out of this having not lost out.

12. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

His ego (He'd call it pride, the fool), is far more important to him than anything else.

For some unfathomable reason (to me), he wants to damage our club. He expects to get his way. That is everything to him. He's already made his money back.

Now he can have his fun.

13. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

No argument from me...They do need to sell. But you're dealing with people who might not see it that way..What you expect them to do, they don't/won't do because they are bloody minded. If we are sold to someone who has ambition...GREAT ..Sadly I don't see it coming...Any buyer is going to be put off by the asking price, even if our next home game is Harrogate Town in L2...

14. Stan City Rocker

Stan City Rocker Active Member

They’ll be gone before the new year. Their bank balance will override their arrogance, personal pride and egos.

15. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

The one problem they have is any buyer would know that waiting until after the January transfer window closes will significantly reduce the price. Waiting to see if we are relegated would reduce the price still further.

If the potential owners haven't got tonnes of money they'd be better off waiting for the purchase price to fall so any money they do have can be used on players and infrastructure rather than filling Allam's pockets.

Asterix likes this.
  16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

More likely than a sale

17. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I might be a bit naive here .. but for any potential buyer ..buying a Championship club signifcantly improves their chances of being closer to the golden goose of the Premier League. Lets not kid ourselves here .. if we do get some buyers looking to invest its for the sole purpose of channelling into the Premier League monies. The further down the leagues we drop the less chances there are for buyers to come forward with bids anywhere near the ****wits valuations. I for one suspect this is why Pappa ****wit has taken charge .. he may be a lying vindictive piece of shyte .. but he knows when the time is right to sell up. I would say cut his losses but alas this fsmily has more then had their money back .. now it just smacks of greed.

Dills double deckers likes this.
  18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You think Assem Allam doesn’t care if he loses £20m?

Have you not been paying attention for the past four years?

19. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Right now fans want the same thing as the Allams do...them to **** off
    The shame is that they might get the perfect end from their point of view. They get their money back and we still get relegated.

Obviously I hope they go
    Obviously I hope we don’t get relegated, but it’s even more important to not go down if we do get sold...just to not give them their perfect parting ‘gift’
    ...the ****s

20. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't need too.
    He should have been kicked off the forum for his vile homophobic comments he made awhile ago.
    Are we that desperate on here for posters that we allow idiots like him to post.

GLP and Kempton like this.