1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. BrisbaneTiger

BrisbaneTiger Well-Known Member

I still havent been able to work out why the clowns bought us when they did and paid more than they should. I’m probably not as knowledgeable as many on here regarding business but if they left it longer and we went into receivership again then surely they would have picked us up for next to nothing, just like other have done in the past.

There just seems something that doesnt add up with the timings of the purchase and the amount allegedly paid out.

2. TigerinSydney

TigerinSydney Well-Known Member

That’s how I’m seeing it. If it had any connection to the football team you wouldn’t risk pissing the fans off as often as they did.
    Once they realised the council weren’t going to give them the land to develop they spat their dummy out.
    I could be wrong but I can’t see how it can be football related given how they’ve behaved.

Asterix and dennisboothstash like this.
  3. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you.

They came in funded the team and got us to a good point with a strong squad (ramirez, Ben arta ect). The squad that year should have been mid table. The players and Bruce failed and we were relegated. The Allams again backed Bruce by not selling key players following the relegation and as a result got promoted (though with the squad we should have been top two).

From there it has been a disaster. We have had three great chances to develop a squad - following Bruce leaving (if we had moved quickly and brought in and supported the manager), on relegation (Silva told them we needed to have a squad in place quickly ), and again this season (missing out on cheap players through lack of funds/bad negotiations).

With the right owner, support for the manager and a reasonable investment in the squad (around £10m) we can be a great project.

Buy well in january and get mid table. Scout early and get a competitive squad in early next season, so we can have a style of play and sufficient cover. There would be a great chance of challenging for promotion.

I personally think a deal is very close, the Allams know they will lose significant money if the don't sell by mid December to allow a new owner in to invest.

MingofHarlem likes this.
  4. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

This was always a business to them (as with many owners). Problem is they don't understand the buisness of football or how key the fans are.

They (most certainly boy blunder) are too arogant to admit when they are wrong and change.

5. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

I think they thought they could make a fortune in property but also be seen as the saviour of the football club hence the comments such as a gift for the city and football should be as free as the air you breathe. I truly think they believed they'd have songs sung about them being our heroes and statues built of them.

6. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

The quicker this is done the better we all know it's needed but I hope these who are looking at buying us are not thinking we are over paying has it is for a championship club but when a team can't beat third from bottom at home it's a good indication of us been a division one club next season. It must be a massive concern for them and I know if it's done before Christmas we can strengthen but how far will we be adrift by then. We have to start picking up points to give potentially new owners a chance.

7. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Unless the Allams get more realistic with the selling price we aren't getting new owners.

8. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Spot on.
    Non football people running football clubs is bound to fail, unless they employ football people to run the club, which the Alarms didn't. They viewed it as a cash cow, and a source of revenue through development deals. When that didn't happen and the penny dropped that they wouldn't/couldn't get their own way they lost interest, but now appear to be happy to see the club return to slumbering about in the lower leagues. I, for one, am not taken in by talk of new buyers. I've heard it so many times before its like water off a ducks back. Still I wait to be wrong.

The greengrocer and Evington like this.
  9. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Why not? Business is business.

As for why they bought the club when they did, given how eccentric Assem in particular seems to be, there’s no reason not to think it was with good intentions at the start. Assem does seem to be a decent bloke, if not bat **** crazy.

10. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

“They can die when they want” ???
    He is definitely NOT a decent bloke!

dennisboothstash and londontiger like this.

11. fozzies

fozzies Well-Known Member

Duffen could even be complicit in this plot, provide the smokescreen of a potential sale on the promise of getting the club for a pound after all of the above has taken place, and we are in league one.

12. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

WTF. Did you really type that? He's an arrogant, self-serving, duplicitous, lying ****. And he is also the father of the utter **** Ehab, for which he must take some responsibility; and don't forget it's all happened and continues to happen while still on 'his guard' (he is still the chairman).

From BT, "Unless the Allams get more realistic with the selling price we aren't getting new owners". That's now my fear too.

13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I completely agree
    Having said though I’d quite like the option of dying when I want, rather the alternative of dying when I don’t want to!

14. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

i'm surprised they haven't put a locked gate across the entrance to keep terrorists out

Howden Tigress likes this.
  15. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

Pls, Don't Spie On My Account , As Being Your Pet Project Of Dissemelation.

16. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Can someone help me with this post?

I simply don't understand...

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  17. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

There you go - I used an online gibberish to English translator

The duke left the park in a silver coach. The lease ran out in sixteen weeks.

amberman8 likes this.
  18. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

Kids and beer....!

Kempton and Sir Cheshire Ben like this.
  19. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Get with the curve Fozz. Not saying 'I told you so,' but I suggested this a week ago. It could be a partnership (of sorts) to try and suggest their is some interest to try and elicit some interest, when in reality there is none.

20. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

Whom Does That ? Singlehandedly , Become A ****er , Kempis!?