1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No more second chances

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Apr 18, 2019.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Seeing as we are the only team with home fixtures on Friday, other than Middlesbrough, among the still contenders for the playoffs we need to beat Reading otherwise our task could be a bridge too far. I believe that should we lose against a team that has lost it's way it could be curtains for the playoffs, but 3 points combined with our game in hand might end up getting us further up the road in our ambitions.

Is our make up game against Millwall on April 30th, and if it is then good luck to the boys because it may have our future in it's hands? Like a lot of other teams we must surely be at the point where a lot of questions must be asked about the points dropped, and their affect on our league position, but if we can take maximum points from the next 2 games those questions may not be so relevant in the overall picture.

Come on lads we all need to be reading from the same page for the next several weeks and who knows what might happen?

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

No easy games in the Championship...Last two games from Reading has giving them a win against Brentford and a draw against top of the table Norwich..

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  3. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same they are far from losing their way

4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

9 points from remaining games will probably be enough, who we get them from is almost irrelevant, although probably more important to beat Derby than Reading.
    Personally still think we will just miss out.

5. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

No matter what, it's certainly been a roller-coaster season, still with all to play for!!

COYR

6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Agreed, if we can't beat Reading at home we don't deserve and most likely won't make the play-offs. I have a feeling we will end 7th and miss by 1-2 points.

7. oneforthebristolcity

Don't get me wrong, it would be an amazing achievement, if we manage to get into the playoffs, but in my eyes, with the number of big clubs in the championship, we've more than held our own and had a very good season.....to get there would be a bonus.

Bigjohnatyeo, Redprintt and Supcon72 like this.
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Bit disrespectful to Reading who have held their own recently.
    Anyway I think if we do actually get into the play offs, I don’t think it will be a Wembley game as I think we will go out in the semi’s.

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

No sub GK - let’s hope Max doesn’t get clattered.......

10. Supcon72

Our recent record against Reading is pi$$ poor as well....COYR!!

11. Supcon72

Bloody hell, we have lost Korey to an injury early on, again. Is he not fit enough and being rushed back?

12. invermeremike

The first chance we had we have blown and now I think we will miss the playoffs. Reading have long been our nemesis and beaten us on many previous encounters and perhaps they read my comment and were pissed off. We can't finish off the job and a loss in our next match might just put us totally out of the picture, but the flame is still flickering but just barely. How many crucial points have we blown against the teams below us that we needed to beat to maintain what has been a fairly reasonable season? Bad luck continues for Korey and perhaps you are right supcon that he was brought back in too soon as some kind of saviour which if it is correct then it was totally unfair to a very good team player.

13. oneforthebristolcity

Yes but look at the points we gained from the top sides..I personally don't think we are quite there yet for the playoffs and if we do by chance I don't see us getting very far......(not wanting to seem glass half empty)....I think with a few additions to our young squad I expect us to be better next season..

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  14. invermeremike

I think you have hit the nail on the head there onefor in that we can handle the bigger clubs anywhere, home or away, and yet we struggle most at home against lesser teams that we should handle with ease. I wish I had an answer to that conundrum because if we could have grabbed a couple of 3 pointers against weaker teams when they visited Ashton Gate we would firmly be in the playoffs without a doubt, but then again how many other teams are going through the same scenario by using the "what if" theory?

15. oneforthebristolcity

Who said the championship was easy, Wigan anyone?! Still in our hands with the game in hand..

16. AshtonRed

Absolutely, and much better than I expected, I’m enjoying the ride.

manxrobin likes this.
  17. AshtonRed

As long as we can keep the core of the team together I agree. I expected this season to be a consolidation season on the back of having to rebuild after losing key players , whatever happens between now and the end of the season is beyond what most of us expected. As you said if we can add a few quality additions in the summer i think we will be better equipped to give it a go next season.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

woeful MANU losing 4-0 has the magic dust deserted OLE … or did he try to keep players fresh for the big one .. and chucked away 3 points against EVERTON

19. invermeremike

Pogba has fallen off his look how great I am perch and fallen out with OGS and it's time for him to go away and he can take Sanchez and Lukaku with him. These over hyped and over paid pretenders are destroying the game and it's time to replace them with lower paid committed players who won't throw the toys out of the pram whenever they are asked to play for the shirt.

20. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Top 6 is still possible, I suppose the game in hand helps which we must win, i will be at Hillsborough tomorrow supporting City but I feel a defeat here will destroy my belief that we have the quality to finish in the play offs