1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nice to meet you again.

Discussion in 'Preston' started by Ron, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One of our most memorable games was that play off final at Wembley, and one of your players then (Gareth Ainsworth) has become a legend here since joining Wycombe; truly inspirational. I presume you noticed that he had the honour of representing the football league in a war memorial in France.

Strangely enough in another of our most memorable matches, FA Cup replay against Wimbledon away, Gazza was playing against us then also.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting over the next season and you are welcome to visit our board any time. Good luck,
    Ron

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Ainsworth is a top man, would make a good manager as well for some club did a half decent job at QPR. Remember the final 17 years ago, think last time you played us at Deepdale it was Lawrie Sanhez's first game as manager.
    Looking forward to League 1 a chance to visit places were we have not been for ages. Should be interesting

3. lilywhite forever

Hi Ron <ok>

Indeed he is a legend for both our clubs. Gave absolutely everything for us and it is good to see him doing well for for your good selves :)

I remember his third spell at the club best of all, never seen so many women having orgasms in a football ground!! <eek>

Good player, fully committed and it's strange that his skull is still in one piece after the amount of times he took the ball off an opposing players foot with his head!!

Look forward to playing you too Ron, and you're welcome on here too anytime <ok> :)

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

evening lads another wanderer here ,good luck for next season and hope we can have some good banter with you lot <ok>

5. theflyingplumber

Hi Ron..<ok>

Good to have you visiting and as the other Northenders have posted, look forward to seeing you during the coming season.
    I would also second the other comment's posted.
    Good luck for the coming season..<ok>

:emoticon-0100-smile

6. Rocky blue army

i dont lilly white just ruined my quiz rotten cheat using google <laugh><laugh><laugh>

7. lilywhite forever

Awww sorry Rocky, I had to as I didn't even know where Middlesex was <laugh> <laugh>

8. Rocky blue army

are they all like this in preston
    please log in to view this image
    i might become a season ticket holder<laugh><laugh><laugh>

9. lilywhite forever

No we just buy em in off the streets of Bleakpool Rocky, they don't like their women over there <laugh> <laugh>

10. Rocky blue army

do you get to see many games

11. lilywhite forever

I got to about 16 last season, due to lack of funds but season ticket holder previously and planning on being so again this season. The club have priced it perfectly and seems silly not to buy one. How about you?

12. Rocky blue army

season ticket holder i missed about 6 games last season 2 at home and4 away so i didnt do bad.looking forward to coming up to your place again

13. lilywhite forever

Might seem odd but most Northenders are looking forward to L1. A lot of people thought it was going a bit stale in the Championship for us. The likes of Norwich, Leeds and charlton have all commented that the fans in L1 are proper fans and they had a great time in this division. I just don't want us to be in there for a long time!!

14. Rocky blue army

wycombe are only a small club but we have a loyal away following and its always good to meet genuine fans and not those like the plastic man u fans that we see on our travels.the true fans are in the lower leagues and are genuinely more friendly.we like to have a few beers with opposing fans before the game and have a laugh .270 quid for a season ticket behind the goal at wycombe aint bad really

15. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

League One is like a fresh start. Provided you don't utterly screw it up like Sheff Wed, it gives your players and fans a lot more confidence playing against less able sides week in week out and when you get back to the Championship, you'll take that with you. Getting relegated was the best thing that's happened to Leeds' away crowds for years as well, we were getting 1,500-2,000 during the relegation season and that's been bumped up to 3,500 since our League One experience. It brings the fans together, a kind of backs-to-the-wall mentality.

Shame to see you go down BTW, Deepdale was a great away game this season, Police were very courteous and it was a good atmosphere from both sets of fans. Wish you'd get rid of that bloody drum though!

16. Rocky blue army

loiner ,less able sides meaning wycombe are you,:headbang::headbang::headbang:

17. theblues

theblues Member

I second most of the stuff that has been said on this thread. I was a Man United fan, but got tired with having conversations with "supporters" who hadn't even heard of half of the team. I now support my local team, and feel like I am actually a part of the club, unlike united who I saw for 5 minutes each saturday on motd. League 1 has some quality clubs with good history, morals and supporters and IMO is more interesting than the premier league.

18. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Was going to say 'lesser sides' originally but I knew it would upset fans of the small clubs. <laugh>

19. Rocky blue army

well said the blues<ok>

20. Rocky blue army

i will let you off this time <ok>