1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic next week a bit of excitement

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, May 17, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Corbolliks still holding out for a GE … Nigel seems to be doing well ...latest from Scotland is they have 6 seats to contend for ... however some believe The Scottish tele tubby will try and twist the meaning of votes as a success for the need to leave the UK . I WONDER HOW THE SEATS WILL DIVIDE UP NORTH OF THE BORDER … there is 5 main contenders … SNP could get just 1
    there is a consensus England will revolt against the 2 main parties this will be the most interesting part … how many actually vote and the percentage … Nigel is for out and OUT should HE get a massive vote % wise then the other parties should take note and get their act together …………….
    will ukip get any? maybe 2?

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Thing is the Brexit Party are polling at a similar rate as the 2014 UKIP European Parliament vote - around 26%. So I'm not sure if it's the Brexit Party doing really well or if its just taken all of UKIP's old vote. That said, and in fairness, they're clearly going to do better than UKIP did last time around and will end up the biggest party in this one. :emoticon-0148-yes:

As for General Election polling, I know you won't like it but Labour currently have a 9 point lead. Though the tabloids aren't commenting on it funnily enough!

None of them will be getting my vote next time around anyways so I'm just posting as they're interesting results and not because I support either!

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It’s a protest vote.
    The poor fools don’t realise that as soon as we leave the EU they will be out of a job.
    In a GE the demographics would be mostly the same as it usually is - a battle between the Torres and Labour.
    The pro-Leave (Brexit) party and the Pro-Remain (Lib Dems) will fade back into the background.

4. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

And there you have it !
    I'm a fool and R&W isn't.
    Cheers.

5. bcfcredandwhite

I meant those standing for MEP Redprintt - not you.

Redprintt likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

ONCE AGAIN Cor boliks is holding out for a GE after meetings over the weekend seems only his ideas are worthy of voting for irrespective of what the talks so called achieve his attitude will always be we vote against it because then we have a GE and we win .. have you noticed the nodding donkeys that sit around him at PMQ's one has a face like a smacked a** another a smarmy cat and this week a female wurzel gummidge! ...and didn't Cor boliks get his face slapped … looked seriously wounded at the end when his give 16 year olds a tenner plan was shot to smithereens on past results!
    Head line latest ...........
    Brexit Party set to win more votes than pro-Remain parties combined, polling reveals … this poll is taking into consideration all parties all voters and includes those that do not intend to make the effort to back up their conviction by going to the poll. What will be interesting is just how many people do vote … this could be a landslide … and lead to even more chaos ... those people corboliks and co plus the "rest" [ all parties] obstructing the will of the people should never be voted in again they are democratically incapable AND in defiance of the voters who put them there …... including the witch we have representing us here in SB

7. bcfcredandwhite

Brexit Party set to win more votes than pro-Remain parties combined, polling reveals

Interesting, but 2 points to bear in mind:
    1. It’s not a General Election. In a GE voters tend to vote for their traditionally preferred party - regardless of how despondent they are with them. I say ‘tend’ because of course you get ‘floating’ voters - like myself. Plus older voters die and young ones start voting for the first time - and immigrants who are granted citizenship become eligible too, which is why we do see a change of government once in a while.
    2. The polling revealed a win for Remain back in 2016 I seem to remember - and we know what happened then!

8. BCFCRob

To be fair the polling is still quite accurate within 5% or so. It's just that the EU referendum was so close that it's more vulnerable to being wrong in that case. There are 1 or 2 polling companies that got the referendum (and the last GE) pretty close still.

9. johngalleyfan2

people tend to tell fibs in polls

Q. DO YOU MANAGE SEX 5 TIMES A WEEK? most men would say yes ..ego given do you have sex 3 4 or 5 times a week answer 4 most men probably have it twice so 4 seems a good number
    [ this was an actual poll done quite a few years ago and was just over 1000 men interviewed by a womens orientated magazine ….] I answered 3 as I DIDNT WANT TO BOAST ….LOL

10. johngalleyfan2

less than 24 hours before the big vote [ takes 3 days all over Europe ] reading into the "blurb" coming from other countries potential MEP [ GROUPS ] there is a lot of disquiet in other countries regarding the "hierarchy" of the Brussels regime … a number of parties are hell bent on bringing it down …… fireworks ahead, this could be one of the most interesting elections ever …. will the parliament be split! ….. will the groups like Salvatini and Farage muster enough SUPPORT TO UPSET the apple cart ….
    Might not be any football but this election will fill in at least 1 weekend!

11. BCFCRob

I think Farage and the like are going to trounce everyone to be honest.

12. johngalleyfan2

listened to vince cable interview. seems to think the lib dems will come out on top …. and win most!
    the 2 parties to look for BREXIT [ 3 if you include the ukip votes .. maybe not many and will struggle for a seat? ] are OUT VOTERS
    LIB DEMS are REMAIN VOTERS ..
    Labour v Conservatives AN interesting tussle … if Labour poll more votes than the tories COR BOLIKS will be un tenable with his pursuit of a GE and even more anti vote for TM'S PROPOSALS EVEN IF THEY MADE SENSE OR LABOUR proposed them !
    SNP … with the 5th TELE TUBBY, "Haggi" in charge … will be interesting.... less than 60% of the vote will be a disas

13. johngalleyfan2

forgot to post the previous … was sat there when I STARTED THIS COMMENT so sent it anyways ………………….
    TODAY they must be trying to emulate India who had over 1,000,000 polling stations I went to the usual one at the library got told sorry not listed .. heart almost stopped
    but teller said you might be in one of the other 2 …...other 2!
    there is 3 here? I exclaimed …
    yes one less than 100m up the road, and the other 200m down the road! …
    I guess that is the rules from Brussels MAKE SURE all 168 million voters are close to a polling booth ….
    from my house one is 47m from my front door .. another 320m [ crow flies 243m ] and the third 239m usual place, [as the crow flies 170m] .. [ compliments of google maps ]
    realistically, they showed me a map of the area the 3 covers it would have made very little difference to anyone on the edges of the area, maybe less than 80-100 m to have gone to the usual place … how busy were they …. at 1pm my "station" said they had had about 35 turn up! so far since 7.30pm about 20 people have turned up now 2155 and closing in a few minutes ….. very low turn out?

14. johngalleyfan2

15. johngalleyfan2

16. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I agree

17. johngalleyfan2

how vote works on the other thread