1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next season

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by olegunnersson, Feb 2, 2011.

1. olegunnersson

olegunnersson Member

Just a thought but who do you think pa broon and archie will bin/bring in before next seaon? I know its a bit early but theres nothing else on the dons forum:emoticon-0113-sleep

2. Thomas The Cat

Thomas The Cat Well-Known Member

A few ****e players that might be slightly less ****e than the current ehhhhhh ****e.

3. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

They need a cash injection and at least 5 new players to be honest. Paw Broon has saved you from relegation but for a club like Aberdeen that can't be good enough. You need Milne to dip into his pocket, otherwise Broon will have to do more Motherwell style wheeling and dealing, let's face it, he did a great job with Well so there's no reason he can't do even better with Aberdeen.

4. Aberdeenarsenal

The only problem is Milne is a tight fisted bastard.

And when he see's we are doing alright with what we have then he wont think on improving it.

5. DevAdvocate

I'm a Tim, you don't have to tell me about how that works.

6. Aberdeenarsenal

True, but atleast you guys can attract some players who have a little talent.

7. DevAdvocate

True, but our Ebeneezer Scrooges cost us a title or two. They could do it again.

8. Rocky Fister

Rocky Fister New Member

I think we are on the verge of a massive clear out, and I can't wait to see it. Guys like Young, Diamond, Langfield, Aluko, Mackie and Considine have not justified their salaries over the last 18 months and need to be shipped out asap. I reckon we'll have an almost entirely new team next season, fleshed out by the promising crop of youngsters coming through. My one hope, though, is that we get Milsom signed up on a long term deal. I think he looks like a cracking player, in the Charlie Adam mould, and could really be a great SPL player next year. Fingers crossed!

9. olegunnersson

olegunnersson Member

Agreed rocky Milsom does look like a really good signing hopefully he will get offered a decent contract. I read in the EE that browns not finished and hopes to take in a free agent soon I wonder who it could be hopfully a CB or CM.

10. olegunnersson

olegunnersson Member

Still nae much happening on here. :emoticon-0114-dull:

11. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

I think there may be an influx when the BBC site closes down, Olegunnerson. Here's hoping, anyway.

As to your original question - who will Craig Brown bring in and who will he get rid of - I'm happy to wait and see. (Just so long as he gets rid of Diamond.) I've rarely felt so impatient for a season to be over, though. Or, more accurately, I've rarely felt so impatient for a new season to begin. I have every confidence that Craig Brown will have Aberdeen at the right end of the table when he doesn't have to play catch-up with the mess Mark McGhee left him.

In fact, I think Aberdeen will finish top of the league next season, although I have to leave Celtic and Rangers out of the equation before coming to this fanciful conclusion, obviously.

12. olegunnersson

olegunnersson Member

Agreed there seems to be so many 606 type forums trying to recruit folk when the beeb close down its virtually dead on here hopefully when it does things will pick up on here. I agree with you on your thoughts for the season and the next one hopefully a good clear out and rebuilding close season will make a real difference to the dons. C0YR.

13. Rubber Johnny

Rubber Johnny Well-Known Member

14. Rubber Johnny

15. Rubber Johnny

Just ****in around , never posted pics before.