1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

NEXT MANAGER PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Nov 18, 2017.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Would you?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Not sure any of us could do a worse job of preparing the team for a game!

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Swansea City stand by manager Paul Clement despite rising fan dissatisfaction
    The Welsh side are 19th in the league with just eight points from 12 games, and fans turned on Clement during their defeat at Burnley this weekend - a fifth consecutive loss in all competitions

This statement condemns us to Relegation

4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I know its been said before but the galling thing is that we,the fans,could see this happening.
    Jenkins and co you really are a bunch of money grabbing kunt$
    Just fuk off somewhere far far away.
    You are not wanted here at Swansea anymore.

5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Why? Do you not think Pulis would keep us up? He's far better than our last 3-4 managers.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  6. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I'd take just about anyone instead of Sousa . My guess , Britton , with Curtis being recalled as assistant . Then win lose or draw , stay with them till seasons end .. be it Premier or Championship next season .

Stumpy likes this.
  7. swanseaandproud

Maybe Tosh can step in with Leon and change things....Clem can be the ball boy or magic sponge man...

8. swanseaandproud

• Clement safe for now with Swansea chiefs keen to give struggling boss time
    By Sky Sports News
    Last Updated: 20/11/17 4:32pm

• please log in to view this image
    Paul Clement's Swansea suffered a fourth Premier League defeat in row at Burnley
    Swansea boss Paul Clement remains safe in his job for now, with owners Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien keen to give him time to stem their flow of defeats.

Sky Sports News understands the owners believe Clement is still the man to sort out their current problems and his future will not depend on the crucial visit of Bournemouth to the Liberty Stadium on Saturday.

Kaplan ended a five-day trip to the UK when he flew back to the US on Monday morning, after witnessing the Swans' fourth successive Premier League defeat - a 2-0 loss at Burnley - and their eighth of the season.

9. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

These statement from the club mean nothing, if they did, then the boardroom are digging their own grave.............<ok>

10. swanseaandproud

At the end of the day the club belongs to the yanks and they can do and run the club as they wish, It is their money.....They won't lose any money even if we go down as they have bought everything of value that if they were to sell it will make them a lovely profit anyway so they are sitting pretty........They are wrong of course but what can we do that will demonstrate exactly how we feel......There is only one thing that other clubs have been successful doing and that is.......

DON'T GO TO MATCHES...

DragonPhilljack likes this.

11. seabreeze

and that is ......HOPE WE LOSE ...

Stumpy likes this.
  12. swanseaandproud

They dont care if we lose or not..they have proved that...

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  13. seabreeze

Your the hardest guy to " dis "

14. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I reeeeaaallly don't wan't Pulis.

I don't care if he would keep us up. I want to be entertained watching football. I'm not entertained at the moment and frankly I'm bored watching our matches. I didn't even watch the Arsenal game. I find myself surfing the net with the games on in the background these days, rather than giving it my full attention. This is the PL, but it's not enjoyable. It's not all about the PL for me - I want to enjoy it as well.

If SKY/BT etc are showing WBA v Stoke for example, I'm not going to sit down and watch it because the football will be boring. The same goes for the Swans. Life is too busy to waste a couple of hours watching dross.

DragonPhilljack and Bob the slob like this.
  15. Bob the slob

For me, our problems really started with Monk (his time in charge bored me witless). Trying to play hoofball with footballers until we had a squad unable to beef out games or control a football. Subsequent transfers also failed to favour either end of the extremes or be of a type that could build any coherent alternative style. Continuity was a bad word as Monk ditched everything that had worked for us.
    Guidolin and Bradley, didn't get a chance to bring in players of their choice and were hamstrung by the patchwork squad. (TBF Bradley would't have coped with any squad.)
    Clement by his own admission has been instrumental in bringing in players and has had a full pre-season to prepare the team.

Of the starting side that lost to Burnley only Dyer and Fabianski played under Monk and only Dyer under Laudrup.

No continuity.
    We have developed primarily into a group of individual journeymen led by an incompetent manager.

16. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Roberto introduced a style of football that hadn't been seen in the lower divisions before and at the level we were at was able to do it with lesser players but when he wanted to improve the quality did not receive financial backing so left to go elsewhere. When Sousa became manager he tightened the defence but when he wanted to improve our attacking players once again he was denied the financial backing and also left. Brendan came and did improve the quality but as he always said if a big club came calling he would leave and did. M Laudrup arrived and because there was money available from TV he was able to improve the squad but said to stand still we had to improve the squad each season. This was one of the things the hierarchy didn't want to hear and surprise , surprise in no time he was gone. From personal experience I know how difficult it is to go from being one of the lads to being in charge and because he was the cheap option Monk was put in charge which did him no favours and when we were in trouble he was sacked. Once again the cheap option of Guidolin was brought in to fire fight which he did successfully.. Note the pattern here. By now because of the finance needed to to run the club and sign new players Jenkins said the present board had taken the club as far as they could and the club needed new investors to take us to the next level and consequently the club was sold.. Bradley was known to the Americans because he had been the USA coach and naturally they decided to give the job to him so it was goodbye Mr Guidolin. The Americans lacked experience and decided they needed Jenkins advice but as I have already shown he is very narrow and conservative in his views and any manager coming in is going to have to deal with this. I don't think the Americans have the financial clout that other foreign investors have and we haven't seen much sign of this as yet. Our recent transfer business has not been great and before we decide on our manager the Americans need to show some balls and appoint a more competent DOF

17. swanseaandproud

Point one..Monk never played Hoofball as you call it he returned the triangle of slick passing. What you were watching was not at the liberty i can assure you. The dross was Laudrups type of football that took us to the brink of relegation that he had to be sacked. Monk had us playing good football again that saved the club. Monks first full season saw us reaching our highest points and position so give him credit for that FFS...

18. Bob the slob

No one has mentioned Koeman as a possible replacement.
    Proven in EPL
    Highly regarded across Europe
    Managerial average of c 1.85 points per game (Season equivalent of 70 points per season)
    EPL average of 1.64 (62 points per season)
    Wanted to come to us after Laudrup
    Southampton a better comparison of style for us than Everton.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  19. swanseaandproud

Koeman did well with the saints but was not very good at Everton so is he a better choice than pullis i dont know.. they both have pro's and con's imo..

20. Bob the slob

Koeman is a better fit for us than Pulis imo.
    But ... hadn't realised Graham Potter's Östersunds FK are topping their Europa Cup group. And he should be on our radar. Maybe not until their cup tun is over.