1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle United in action tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Mod Face, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mod Face

Mod Face Well-Known Member

Blyth Spartans host Newcastle United tonight at Croft Park 7:30pm with admission set at a very reasonable £5 (£2 concessions).

A good cheap match to occupy the kids while they're off school and a chance to see some of the Toon's second string in action. There's rumours that Ben Arfa could be playing and Ayoze may well be in attendance to see his older brother Samuel Perez play, now that he has put pen to paper on a Spartans contract.

For those who have never been before, Croft Park is on Plessey Road just next to Broadway Field. (NE24 3JE for satnavs)

Get yourself down to support the lads on the fringe of the Toon squad or to see Blyth seek revenge for their controversial NSC loss last season.

Oh and the bar's canny! <diva>

samuel_perez_2014.jpg

2. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Long time no hear from <ok>

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

allreet modface!

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

From the Spartans website..

head of tonight&#8217;s friendly at Croft Park Newcastle United have named two players with Premier League experience in their squad to face Spartans.
    Northern Ireland international Shane Ferguson and England U20 player Gael Bigirimana are named in a squad managed by Peter Beardsley.
    Also included is French U17 midfielder Olivier Kemen and goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, who had a successful summer as he played a key part in England U17&#8217;s victorious European Championship campaign.
    There will be some familiar faces in the Spartans squad for visitors with new signings Alex Nicholson and Ben Sayer starting their careers at the Magpies Academy. Another new addition at Croft Park Samuel Perez is the brother of United forward Ayoze.
    Admission is by paying on the turnstiles with prices set at £5 for adults and £2 concessions with kick off at 7.30pm.

The Magpies squad is: Gael Bigirimana , Jamie Cobain, Ben Drennan, Shane Ferguson , Macaulay Gillesphey, Tom Heardman, Olivier Kemen, Joe Kerridge, Ryan McKinnon, Greg Olley, Brendan Pearson, Jonathyn Quinn, Callum Roberts, Liam Smith, Jordan Storey, Callum Williams, Freddie Woodman.

5. Mod Face

Mod Face Well-Known Member

Alreet.

In an attempt to blasphemously replicate our lord and savior Jesus Christ, I died for Mike Ashley's sins, safe in the knowledge I'd be back in just three days. When I woke up in a cave I found myself trapped without internet access and only yesterday did a passerby hear my cries for help and rescue me. Now that I've caught up on all the Newcastle transfer news I am pleased to see my sacrifice did not go to waste and MA has indeed turned over a new leaf. <ok>

Will be good to see Bigi and Shane in action though it's a slight worry they're not more involved in the first team squad. This time round Spartans have had more than a few hours rest so it should be a closer match than the Northumbria Seniors Cup match last season.

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

From .com

Blyth Spartans 2 Newcastle XI 3

Local non-league side Blyth Spartans hosted Newcastle United U21s in a friendly at a wet Croft Park on Friday evening and the visitors edged the contest with virtually the final kick of the game.

Freddie Woodman made a trio of first half stops to keep it goalless and Blyth's Wearmouth struck the post as the first half ended 0-0.

For the Magpies, Tom Heardman twice came close while Greg Olley was denied by the 'keeper's trailing foot.

United went in front in the 62nd minute when Heardman finished from close range from a Shane Ferguson cross.

However, Spartans equalised on 76 minutes when Shane Ferguson lost the ball and a curling cross from the right was headed in at the back post by Robbie Dale.

The Magpies regained the lead in the 83rd minute when a good cross from Liam Smith pulled back from the byline found Greg Olley unmarked to head down and in.

But in the final minute Olivier Kemen over elaborated and lost out to substitute Jarrett Rivers, who picked his spot and stuck a beauty in the top left hand corner from 25 yards.

However, the visitors won the game in the second minute of added time when a ball ran loose in the box and Smith hammered it home with seconds remaining.

Team: Woodman, Olley, Ferguson, Kemen, Williams (Barlaser 72), Gillesphey, Roberts (Drennan 72), Bigirimana, Quinn, Heardman, L.Smith.
    Subs n/u: Pearson, Dawson.

Crowd: 624 including Fabricio Coloccini and Ayoze Perez.

Academy midfielder Jordan Storey is included after a six month injury absence, while there's a first sighting of Olivier Kemen in pre-season. Kevin Mbabu is still out.

This will be Blyth's final pre-season fixture ahead of their opening Northern Premier League game on Saturday August 16th, when Grantham Town visit Croft Park.

Blyth's ex-Magpie contingent currently consists of Ben Sayer and Alex Nicholson, while Samuel Perez - elder brother of Ayoze Perez - is also in their squad.

The most recent meeting of the two sides came back in April at SJP, when United scored four times without reply to claim the Northumberland Senior Cup.

After the Blyth visit, Peter Beardsley's side conclude their preparations at Spennymoor Town next Wednesday.

7. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Mod Face IS the Messiah. And I should know, I've followed a few.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.