1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle and the Saudi infiltration

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Jun 28, 2022.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I still can't understand how the Football League allowed the takeover of Newcastle to be allowed given the well known incidences of human rights abuses inflicted by a tyrannical regime. In order to rub in the point the new third kit resembles the Saudi national team's kit even down to the arabic script and the colours. Another gripe I have with the new kit announcement is that clearly they have no white male players in the squad that were available for the photo shoot. This representation nonsense has gone way beyond it's initial intent and has now become a situation that frankly makes me want to throw up in buckets because it is so blatant in the portrayal. A recent Bristol City announcement was pretty much in the same vein but not quite so obvious in it's portraying of diversity but I question when the real world will return?

I'm coming off the tracks a little here but I totally hate the way that the TV/Film industry are so willing to change their way of covering historical truths about English rural life by adding peoples that didn't even possibly exist in those contexts and times just to please the racial do-gooders. Sad but true I'm afraid and the adverts are even worse particularly in the U.K.

AshtonRed and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Have you seen Newcastle's new 'third strip'? The colours of the Saudi national team.....

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

another reason why i have lost what little interest i had left in the premiership, almost wish that they would form there sordid little super league,and pixs off and let the rest of us get on with it

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It's all a load of selective finger pointing and turning a blind eye Mike

The west, and especially the UK and the US are totally consumed with self loathing and hatred of ourselves (I don't include myself in that by the way) as to our slave dealing days of old despite the fact that the rest of the world were doing exactly the same thing.

Yet all of the virtue signalling ignores the ongoing mistreatment and often deaths of modern day slaves in places such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman and the like and we're not without effective slaves working in restaurants who fund the black (if I won't be cancelled for saying it!) economy.

Why does no one want to step in and want to save them ? Because it's easier to feel sorrow for those who suffered centuries ago because we don't actually have to do anything ? Modern slaves are suffering now !

And why are we allowing regimes associated with this practice to infiltrate our national sport ? Presumably it's just about money, including back-handers, the same as the WC being awarded to Qatar !?

We can't do anything about what happened in the 1600's and nor should we, other than learn the lessons that history has taught us, and not forgetting that we were the nation that ended the slave trade.

It's interesting to note that a mill worker in Lancashire during the industrial revolution had HALF the life expectancy of a slave and was effectively a slave himself, working 6 or 7 days a week and totally dependent on the mill owner. Do we have any of the relatives of the mill owners asking for reparation ? Yet Jamaica as a crown dependency thinks we should pay them £2bn because of slavery despite the fact we pay them millions of pounds every year. How does a big fat **** off sound ?

Jaguar-Land Rover are the latest to be woke and despite it being a century old engineering term all over the world, are to rename the master and slave brake cylinders associated with their engines.

As for diversity, that's another joke at times, just keep adding letters to the LGBTQZ1JSPD6 !!

We are totally inclusive in this country, we welcome anyone with a right to be here, and tolerate all manner of things but the silent majority has to grit its teeth while we watch British kids being dragged to Pride parades by their woke parents and from what I can see, the majority of people who pack the streets to watch this spectacle aren't even gay !?

Someone put this on social media
    DEAR LGBT
    If you don't want to be treated differently for being gay then stop acting like being gay somehow makes you special
    Your sexual orientation is neither an achievement or a holiday
    You have not accomplished anything simply by being attracted to the same sex.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  5. invermeremike

I read somewhere the other day that Nelson and Drake are new targets for the do-gooders. On one of your points angelic I will agree that most people at various protests are semi-professional and will turn out at every opportunity to snub their noses in some new messy stuff. Our national holiday is on July 1st and it looks like there could be another trucker protest in Ottawa where a lot of them will be from south of the border and should be arrested for incitement. We can only hope they have other fish to fry after the abortion mayhem caused by Trump breaking the rules on correctness in American politics. As an aside he is in deep doodah regarding the assault on the Capitol after the election that he claimed was rigged. Trump is borderline insane according to some pundits so perhaps he will join Putin in the rubber room.

6. Angelicnumber16

The world in general has never been so divided over so many many things and I think the worst is still to come from the knock on effects of lockdowns.
    There are reports of children aged 5-6 turning up at school still wearing nappies, and being unable to talk normally, just in cartoon character voices/affectations.
    If that sort of thing isn't building a long term major headache for society in general and employment too, then I don't know what is, or who can sort out the mess the world is in right now.
    I hesitate to say it, but it almost needs a war involving this country to wake the snowflakes up to reality and what they should really be worried about, and see how many would be willing to fight the way that Ukrainian men are to defend their country.
    And it's not all about gender identity or historic world events that we had nothing to do with.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  7. Angelicnumber16

8. invermeremike

The younger generations have absolutely no idea what real life is about and as you say it isn't gender equality. Today's pampered would certainly need nappies if they were called up to serve on the front line which might become a reality soon if the Ukraine situation gets worse. On a very recent visit to my family in Alberta I finally came to the conclusion that we live in totally different worlds on all levels and they can't even understand how we, as the older lot, actually survived to this point without technology. To be blunt my granddaughters have no bloody idea what's happening in the world and the eldest gave me blank looks when I mentioned the Sydney Opera House, which Ann and I visited a few years ago, but the cruncher came when she didn't even know where Sydney was located. The mere mention of the Taj Mahal left her searching for her smart phone and it wasn't to google where the hell it was but rather to do some on-line shopping for a new microwave. The thirst for real knowledge has permanently vanished for the young of today and if it doesn't come up on their tablets then it isn't worth knowing according to my son. Our world travels and the photo (remember them?) albums doesn't even tickle their fancy because the tablet and social media nonsense is way too important to be bothered at getting anything worthy from their grandparents. Times they are a changing but in my opinion not for anything better, but I'm constantly told that living in the past must be hell incarnate and my son told me I was not supposed to even discuss the carnage that is happening in Ukraine as it may upset the kids. If you are not aware of what's happening how the heck are you supposed to deal with the consequences? According to my son geography is not even a subject of importance anymore and that irks me beyond belief because the world has always been my wonder and visiting it even more so. Mini rant over and I do agree with you angelic that the world has gone to hell in a hand cart. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  9. Angelicnumber16

Amen to all of that Mike

Where did we go wrong, or was it all beyond our power to stop it ?

10. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

upload_2022-6-29_18-49-20.jpeg
    One for Inver and Angelic

11. Angelicnumber16

Reliant Robin TC2 and Supcon72 like this.
  12. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

You can include me with them!! Practically everything they've said I agree with!!

I can even see a bit of Michael Douglas from Falling Down being in each of us!!!!

13. invermeremike

Lubbly jubbly.

14. Angelicnumber16

And the latest woke nonsense is...……….

I'm paraphrasing here as I don't use Twitter

Halifax Bank apparently put out a tweet yesterday saying something like 'Pronouns (for their staff and displayed on their name badges) It's A People Thing'

The tweet showed a picture of a woman/girl (if you don't know what one of those is ask your local Labour official) called Gemma with She/Her/Hers after the name

Someone replied and said something like 'I can see it's a woman/girl, why does she need that other nonsense after her name' ?

Halifax replied and said something about them being an inclusive employer and other rubbish, and stunningly followed it up by saying 'You're welcome to close your account(s) if you are unhappy with this'

If I was a Halifax customer I'd close my account there and then and move to another less worthy bank.

There has apparently been quite a backlash against Halifax on Twitter and I hope they suffer a substantial loss of customers and money for their stupid approach. It's only when people collectively start pushing back against this crap that others will take notice.

Maybe if the banks shareholders get a smaller dividend due to Halifax shedding thousands of customers and losing future business because of their attitude they will be forced to wake up and abandon this crap ?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  15. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

You never know their business may grow, due to people who agree with their stance transferring their business to them.

I’m just saying …

16. Angelicnumber16

How did I guess you'd take that view !

Redprintt and realred1952 like this.
  17. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Ashton has a sort of opposite view to most things... would maybe make a good opposition prime minister ...! :emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0105-wink:

Barclays last year had similar with its home pages in the portrayal of different races and genders .. white british? .. came well down the pecking order [ by appearance! ]

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  18. AshtonRed

Playing devils advocate,

19. Angelicnumber16

You should have been a detective :)

20. AshtonRed

Nah, just nice to have a bit of balance