1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle and Sunderland

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Chappaz, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

Hi folks.

I'd make a cross-board thread but the feature has been disabled so I'll just have to post this on the boards of the fans who's opinions I care about.

I've never really known what fans of other clubs have thought about Newcastle and Sunderland, the two North East clubs isolated right up here in the corner of England. I was just wondering what DO you think? How would you view and compare the statures and histories of the clubs? Do you have any affiliations with either side?

I'm fully aware some of you won't give a **** about either club and have never had a single thought about Newcastle or Sunderland, but for those who have, I'd be very interested to hear your views and how you see each club.

2. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

I've always viewed Newcastle as a big club, and should be playing at the standards we have seen this season on a consistent basis. As for Sunderland, it's been pretty much up and down, sometimes you guys look like you have fallen off, other times it looks like you are on the up to establish yourself as a proper team in the way Villa did a few seasons back, for example, currently it seems that way, it's all down to consistency.

3. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

I always liked N'Castle but disliked them for a while after 4-4 and Barton-Gervihno incident, but the fact that you are still in the Top 4 hunt deserves my respect
    S'Land I thought were a thug team, but after MON took over they have changed and I'm liking where he's taking them

4. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

Not surprised there to be honest! Would have drove me to insanity if it was in reverse.

5. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Newcastle - Remember the 90's and the great football they played. Have a great stadium and I really respect the way they have built their current squad.

Sunderland - I was born way after the greatest era in their history. They clearly have a very good history but in my lifetime I have not seen them do anything special. So do not have much to say about them.

6. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

Newcastle & Sunderland are the Arsenal & Tottenham of the North East, with Sunderland being the Tottenham.

As far as the fan's, NUFC eclipse most (if not all) English clubs for their passion.

IMO

7. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

Cheers man <ok>

Btw, one more quick question, which club do you guys see as the biggest?

8. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Now you are just fishing for compliments!

9. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

No no, I would have said us originally but after being relegated only two years ago, who knows now. As much as it pains me to say it, for the past 3 seasons Sunderland have been the better club. Hopefully it will end this season unless we implode.

10. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

Sunderland were always the bigger club to me, I remember them from their Roker Park days, don't seem to remember much about Newcastle though.

Got neither love or hatred for either, I admired Newcastle during the Keegan days and it was only then really that I realised how big a club they are, their support when they were in the 1st division was ridiculous. I think the clubs are pretty even at the moment.

11. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Both are equally respected. Both have done exceptionally well this season and have great squads and players on limited budgets. I neither like nor dislike them. I have to say however that Sunderland have impressed me the most this season..