1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

new talented players needed after NOTTS FOREST SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT, and losing to rubbish ipswich

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Dec 31, 2017.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

performance against birmingham shows in bold letters TO GET ASSURED PROMOTION WE NEED NEW EXPERIENCED AT LEAST CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS IN OUR SQUAD FROM THE JANUARY TRANSFER MARKET , whats your thoughts on players and that there has been no talk of players coming in january ????? ? excuses excuses by poor quality players !! a slight improvement against NOTTINGHAM FOREST BUT TC MAKING WRONG DECISIONS WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ?
    we SHOULD BE BEATING CRAPPY IPSWICH IF WE WANT TO GO UP i know saiz was missing but NO GOALS AGAIN lasogga needs to go in reserve team and learn how to score again !!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Thomas-Christiansen-Reaction-EFL-Championship

jack marriott mentioned from that FAMOUS CLUB PETERBOROUGH GOD SAVE US ! championship quality needed not crap from peterborough no thank you !

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

A few points, Sniffer:

1. We've signed 'experienced at least Championship' players before. More often than not, they've been awful, especially our January signings. Do you really want to go back to that? How many Grimes or Barrows would you like us to sign?
    2. Did you listen to TC's reasoning re. Saiz? No, I didn't think so. It was logical. He saved him until the opposition were tiring, so he could have maximum impact, rather than start him & he tired in time with everyone else. Remember, he's been out injured for 2 matches, so there's a limit to what we can expect from him.
    3. Shaughnessy was signed as a DM, but played earlier in the season as an emergency CB, a role in which he excelled. He has not excelled as a DM, but clearly does better than Klich or Anita in training.

3. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to Matt Wj Eric Kev etc from a very sunny Bardsey
    I think that TC showed too much respect to Brum with his team selection he would have been far better off putting out his strongest squad and let them worry about us Nessie is not the answer in mid field ne did it to obvercome their aerial power
    I see Grabadone was left out yesterday I bet he will be signing for another club shortly
    Maybe this result we needed to warn AR that he needs to strengthen now if we are going to reach the playoffs

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

If rad, Orta and Co didn’t realis long before yesterday that we are woefully short squad wise they are completely inept. Maybe they’ll be happy enough to finish somewhere around the sixth spot mark and the famous war chest might never be spent. Wood signaled to the club he was leaving all summer. They knew how much they’d get and the best they could come up with was Grot and Lasogga. Some recruitment policy that is

leeds60 likes this.
  5. lifecheshirewhite

If we don't spend in Jan the new owner will soon be out of favour,crowds will drop and lots of season tickets won't renew.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Radz made it plain that top 6was the minimum acceptable position. If Tommy doesnt do it he gets the sack simples. 14 new first teamers brought in yet only half of them are used, so either the rest were not good enough which means Orta needs a kick or the manager needs a kick for not using them.

Keeper situation left back, Cooper isnt our 2nd best CH and we need goals. Ekuban looks ok but has yet to score and wont csore because hes as fit as Darren Anderron, Lassoga is now seen as understudy to Roofe so we need a striker if note

7. Eireleeds1

Less than half of the 14 are good enough. None of that is TCs fault. Orta signed them, his fault but he won’t be sacked. He also can only sign whatever budget permits. 400 and 500k players won’t set the world alight. I don’t believe any coach could get much more from the half squad we have

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  8. johhny757

johhny757 Well-Known Member

That's the thing. The clock is ticking and all the goodwill that Radz has built up is about to come under the microscope. The scattergun approach to signings has not worked. We all know that we are at least 3-4 quality signings away from a team that we could confidently say are at least a top 6 side. To be fair however, losing pretty much our 3 best players and what you could call the spine of the team in Green, Bartley and Wood has not helped us at all. I feel that with them 3 still here this season and with the inclusion of Saiz, that we would have had a great chance for promotion. So instead of gaining 3-4 quality players, we lost them and picked up one decent player. The ones we lost need to be replaced and so we will soon find out if Radz is just another false dawn or not.

LeeUtd likes this.
  9. Eireleeds1

<ok>

10. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

And glory will, have been right again..

11. lifecheshirewhite

never happened yet and you're knocking on for 60.

12. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

So Orta gets the player and informs the head coach “here is a new player, work with him”?? Or does the head coach say we need for example a keeper, the scouts identify a list and the head coach looks at them then tells Orta that’s the player we want, go get him!!! If that’s the case TC is on thin ice due to the fact if he rates felix above Rob Green then we are in heaps of trouble, can anyone estimate how many points he has cost us up to press!!! Well let’s just say Derby would be behind us.

13. Eireleeds1

According to some Felix can’t be blamed for any goals conceded
    <laugh><whistle>

14. Nickwhite68

Nickwhite68 Well-Known Member

Evening all speaking to a friend of mine this afternoon he's a Bradford city fan and all the gossip at their end is we are chasing Charlie Wyke. Like I said its gossip at the moment but it would fit our MO,can't say I'd be overly impressed but I can't see us splashing cash on a championship quality striker let's see

15. lifecheshirewhite

Bit surprised how few he's let in TBH but even so I believe we have to play more defensive to cover him.Would like to see how many saves he has made compaired to say Green.

16. gombawn

gombawn Well-Known Member

Being critical you could say he cost a point yesterday. Can't think of any other game where he cost us any points. None in the first 10 games. None in the 6 before yesterday. And he didn't play in most of the ones in between

Jammy 07, FORZA LEEDS and davy like this.
  17. Eireleeds1

He was originally dropped cos he was awful and only back in because replacement doesn’t even qualify as a keeper

18. gombawn

gombawn Well-Known Member

He was originally dropped bcos tc bowed to fan pressure. He made no more mistakes than green at the beginning of last season.

The question was how many points has he cost us. I would say 1 maybe 2 at most

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  19. lifecheshirewhite

He's not as bad as some make out,just think the team have to defend more to stop him from making any saves.Doesn't seem to save many.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  20. Eireleeds1

It’s funny. When we had schmeichel he took stick because of his parentage. Current keeper wouldn’t lace his boots