1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New stand being built at the Mem

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, May 15, 2018.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

There is a new stand being built (or shall I say being erected) at the Mem.

It will be in the East terrace next to the North terrace, right opposite the family enclosure. This new stand will be called the family stand. It will be a seated stand and under cover too. Now families will have the option to either sit (in this new stand) or remain standing in the existing family enclosure.

This section of the East terrace has a big space from the turnstiles to the top step of the East terrace and this is where the new family stand will be erected.

Should boost the capacity a little bit.

Details found here in the season ticket article.... https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/15.05.08-st-general-sale/

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I wonder, is this going to be another one of these 'semi - temporary' scaffold pole and canvas contraptions a' la Hickstead ?

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I just hope they are not putting it where I normally stand, I have made friends with those folks who gather in the same place every home match and I would miss their company

4. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Funny isn't it how most people always stand on the same square foot of terrace for all the games that they attend, I wonder where the logic is in that, I mean where I stand I've got a dirty great big 305 x 305 x 116kg in front of me !

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I hope that's an object Delsey and not a person at that size

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Apparently the top step will be lost to this new stand so anyone who likes to stand at the top or 1 step down will not be able to do so. They have to put the stand there and lose a step so the view of those who will use the stand can see the whole pitch.