1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Stadium

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING, Dec 10, 2014.

1. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

First off, great work from your lads this season so far....hope you keep it up!!

Quick question; when do you move to the new stadium? I live in Essex and have told my lad that I'd consider season tickets when you move to Stratford as it'll be so easy to get to.....just want to to see PL football regularly and have always had a soft spot for the Hammers since the 1980 cup final which I watched from a mates WHFC mad household! What capacity will it be? Are you likely to sell out every game? How much are season tickets right now?

I reckon that there'll be quite a few like me and while not my first team (I do originate from Liverpool before the abuse starts <laugh>), it should breed generations of future supporters which all bodes well for a strong and wealthier future for you lot! <ok>

2. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Season after next I believe with a 54k capacity last time I checked. Will that sell out every week? Very unlikely, i'd have been happy with a 45k ground which imo is about doable but we shall see.

3. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Thanks <ok>

Empty seats means cheaper prices so suits me fine!

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I don't think it'll be as empty as people think, 54k is a bit high, and we may get a lot of 'you're suppose to be at home' chants when we play the clubs with the biggest spport base, but the Davids will be doing a lot of 'kids for a quid' offers, and maybe a lot of inclusory offers considering the facilities there. Our crowd will sound a bit higher pitched I think, plus who knows how many hammers will come out of the woodwork if we keep up our current improvements under Allardyce, who, despite a lot of criticism for events without the context surrounding the situations, has done a great job, similar to the one he had the time to do at Bolton

5. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

The Davids should be commended to doing what seems impossible in this day and age, i.e., giving managers time to stamp their mark on a club.

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Aye, I'm feeling quite smug tbh, I've backed him, even after the cup defeats, I think he's one of the best managers in the EPL given the chance, look what he did at Bolton, not much different to now.

7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Does go to show that sometimes managers need a little time to get things right. Seems nowadays you're given a season if you're lucky then you're out the door.

Are you guys looking forward to moving? Would hate to leave the Bridge myself but was open to the idea of the Battersea move when that was on the table, in order to progress etc.

8. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Partly yes and no. All good things come to an end however and whether you are West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea, seeing one of London's iconic grounds dissapear isn't nice.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Especially when you can't fill the new one. And are in £100m debt.

What's claret and blue and slides down the table?

10. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Can we bring 15,000 up as SAFC supporters, if we are both in the premier league that is !

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015