1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New stadium thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Apr 16, 2015.

1. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

Chris Cowlin's latest update - has some exciting news at the end of it - I'm not telling what it is:emoticon-0127-lipss but its worth watching to the end<somersault>

2. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Our IT people have blocked the content, come on, spill the beans!

3. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Did the butler do it?

4. Judging by the Fail today, he might have done the wiring!! <laugh>

5. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

It's nothing that is not ''out there'' elsewhere.
    Talk of the shop ( of which there was talk would open yesterday ) is opening tomorrow.

More interesting IMO is the Chelski game is now less than 5 weeks away and tickets are not yet on sale. Of course, if that game is at NWHL there will be little need for marketing as it will be a sell out.

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

Yesterday, I wrote that they might have a point, even though there's not a solid fact in the thing and it follows a well worn path of Mail claims that have been total bollocks in the last year. Since then, even The Sun, Times and Standard have steered clear of repeating it.<doh>

It's pretty obviously complete and utter bollocks and The Mail will be running a series of articles worshipping the new stadium over the next year to make up for it..............again.

7. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

8. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I believe there is only one response to make...

please log in to view this image

9. perrymanlegend

As we all now know the official opening of "Europe's biggest club shop" is just over an hour away , is anyone going to have a look? Chris Cowlin is jetting of to Eindhoven for the CL match so he can't go.

10. Slightly strange that they chose a day to open it when key Spurs figures probably can’t be there! No, I wasn’t thinking of Chris <laugh> - I would have thought that you would want to parade some of the key stars whose images are emblazoned all over the place. I imagine they are all prepping for PSV?

11. perrymanlegend

A low key opening for sure - very Spursy lol!
    Will do a brisk trade on the weekend before the $ity match.

12. "Thanks for that Brian"

The Standard are running this story regarding the possibility of an NFL franchise at Tottenham Hotspur ST/\DIUM.......

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/ne...don-nfl-team-says-osi-umenyiora-a3968591.html

The real story would be Joe Lewis owning the franchise. There's only so much advantage to be had from the publicity for the club in the US and renting the space to the NFL. United, Arsenal and Liverpool are already owned by individuals who own franchises in NFL, Baseball, etc. Roman is looking in the US for a sucker to buy Chelsea and the likelihood is that Spurs won't end up in Arab or Chinese hands either.

The hope for those who want to see the end of ENIC's ownership, is that the NFL element brings in US money.

13. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I have often said that Uncle Joe and Levy are like the Duke bros
    in Trading places (specifically that Uncle Joe has wagered Levy $1
    that he cannot turn THFC into a major English football force without
    Sugga Daddy FC cash injection) .

And even if ENIC did sell up, I could still see new splash the cash
    owners wanting to retain Levy as club chairman regardless
    (if he could do all this to date on only that, think what he will do when
    we give him this etc) .

Things will play out as they will, and the Spurs / Levy / < insert
    the Spurs-related target of your bile here > haters are no doubt
    going to be stewing long in a cauldron of their own bitter tears.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

A lot of people forget that Levy's an employee drawing a wage, in addition to being a minority shareholder. Since United appointed Woodward, they've spent a fortune on players and managers to very limited effect. The Americans who bought Liverpool had spent an awful lot of money on useless players pre-Klopp. Randy Lerner pissed away a fortune on Villa, as has Fernandes at QPR, the Venky's at Blackburn and numerous others.

There's a lot to be said for retaining Levy to run the football side of things, rather than bringing in someone who has no idea about "Soccer" or Spurs. If they didn't, I could see him receiving a lot of offers from elsewhere. I should expect that he's been running the club to Uncle Joe's orders regarding living within the finance that the club can generate for itself. It would be interesting to see if he could operate in a less stringent financial regime. The way in which we spent the Bale transfer monies suggest that he could do it just fine.

If FFP 2.0 limits spending on players to a net 100m Euro's and limits the number of outgoing loan players at 6, per club, the likelihood is that 'the money clubs' will increasingly need to behave more like Spurs, rather than the other way round. It'll be an unpalatable thought for many but...............maybe Uncle Joe was right?

15. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

A low key opening is always a good idea for any new project, it's always a surprise if there are not hiccups so it's better to have those fairly quietly rather than in the full glare. Then have an official opening when all is running as smooth as a Michael Holding delivery. That's one for our older posters.

16. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Remembering that Spurs started as a cricket club.

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

They've started putting those lovely navy blue seats to the back of The South Stand, which is the largest seated single tier stand in European football. Doesn't it look beautiful (click on image to enlarge)...

18. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

It looks amazing and really classy. Red seats always look cheap to me but the gorgeous Spurs Blue, Wow!

19. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Are those seats in the bottom left of the picture the safe standing thingies or is that something different?
    Might just be the end of the row, but it looks different to everything else, for some reason.

20. "Thanks for that Brian"

That's the away section, the lower part of which has the safe standing rails pre-fitted. I don't think that it's a problem with it being there, so long as there's a seat to be sat upon.

Whether the Local Council and Inspectorate choose to make an issue of the club failing to enforce "bums on seats" prior to any legalisation of safe standing, we shall have to wait and see?

PleaseNotPoll likes this.