1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New signings - Stick or Twist?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Me again :)

So last summer we added a few players; Dave Sanchez, Juan Foyth, Nando Llorente, Serge Aurier and that sexy bastard of a goalkeeper, Paulo Gazzaniga. In January we also added Lucas Moura but we can all pretty much tell he was bought in mind for next season and thus doesn't need to be discussed.

So as we're at the end of their first season at the club, what's everyone's opinions on their future?

Dave Sanchez - Definitely stick. Had some shaky moments (what 21 yeard old CB hasn't?) but has been a god-send during Toby's injury. We don't often do well when it comes to spending big but I'd say Dave is looking like a bargain at £40m.

One Quarter - Stick but loan. Shows great technical ability, in the mould of Jan when he as the ball but he needs plenty of steak dinners to be ready for Prem football. A loan somewhere to get minutes under his belt and to toughen him up would be ideal.

Sexy bastard - Stick. Came in to provide solid GK competition, only played just the once but managed to put in a MOTM display, is it OTT to even say it was the best GK performance for Spurs this season? Anyway, with Vorm's deal expiring, there's a good chance Gazza will be second choice next season and judging from the one game I've seen, I have absolutely no problem with that.

Nando - Twist. A real shame it hasn't worked, really thought we finally nailed the backup striker position but it wasn't to be. Spurs haven't helped him due to not adjusting tactics to his style but nonetheless, Nando will be better off elsewhere next season.

Aurier - Twist. Before the Brighton match I said he deserves a second season, especially due to Poch's magic when it comes to FBs but yesterday just showed he's still not learning from mistakes and quite frankly his opportunities in the side should now go to KWP who's always looked impressive in the chances given and has the potential to nail down the RB spot for many years to come.

Thoughts?

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sanchez - Stick.
    Foyth - Stick. Maybe loan, maybe use more often, depending on signings.
    Gazzanigga - Either use as backup for Lloris or loan. No point in being third choice at his age.
    Llorente - Twist. Not right for our style of play.
    Aurier - Stick. Give him a full season after a proper pre-season. If he doesn't improve, then sell him. Loan Walker-Peters in the meantime.

Dier Hard likes this.
  3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Agree with all that apart from Aurier...he's frustrating like any thing...but he needs a pre season with Poch before I judge him

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    remembercolinlee and Dier Hard like this.
  4. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Sanchez - obvious.
    Foyth - used more as part of squad rotation. Been impressed with him this season.
    Gazza - needs to play more, so use him as Vorm is kicking on.
    Llorente - launch him into space
    Aurier - 1 more season, especially as he’s mates with Moura.

Dier Hard likes this.
  5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Sanchez: pass me a nail gun, because "stick" isn't strong enough
    Foyth: stick, although he needs to be given the chance to impress next season
    Gazzaniga: stick, especially with Vorm likely leaving this summer as he's a good backup for Lloris
    Aurier: stick (with a caveat), as the way he's somehow regressed during the season is cause for some concern
    Llorente: twist, unless he's willing to serve as a player coach for Sterling/Griffiths/Richards next season

Dier Hard likes this.