1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New signings: Donnelly and Halls

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by theblues, Jun 13, 2011.

1. theblues

theblues Member

Obviously Donnelly is a fantastic signing. No more needs to be said.

Halls? I think that he'll be a good utility player, but I don't see him commanding a first team place, but knowing Waddock, he'll have a great character and won't mind biding his time on the subs bench. Obviously, this signing has gotten the gasroom old boys to get high on their hobby horse about ex-Aldershot players, but if Waddock thinks they are good enough, why not?

2. simeywimey

simeywimey Member

I'm a big Waddock fan but I must admit I'm a little worried that he seems to have only one source of new players. Why is he not looking around in the league above rather than below, after all Aldershot are league 2.

3. LukeHarris

LukeHarris Member

The third signing was a central defender from a league one team in the bottom half of the table, which is what Nikki Bull said on twitter, but he turned us down at the last minute.

Obviously agree with your comment about Donnelly, we know what to expect and with a full pre-season under his belt and the chance to play more creative football in league one I think we have a very good player on our hands.

In regards to John Halls, by no means the "Big summer signing" but I'm sure he will be the one player in which Wycombe fans will be saying "he has proved us wrong", Lewis Montrose didn't start off well at all, then look at what a season and a player he became under Gary Waddock.

Trust the manager we have, Gary Waddock knows what he is doing. He is the best manager we have had for a long time now and one who I believe has a good working relationship with Steve Hayes. No matter how much we moan, nothing is going to change, because Waddock is employed to make these decisions. I'd rather we have a group of players that work for each other and get along, than a group of players whom are more worried about their ego's than playing football.

Plus you never know, togetherness and team spirit can sometimes get you further than money and big names.

4. devonblue

devonblue Member

Ive seen Halls play at Stoke and Reading and he is a useful addition. He has played at a higher level with some good players and will bring experience with him. Also, he can play in a number of positions. I agree that he wont nessescarily command a regular starting berth but solid, versatile players are a good thing to have in LG1. Welcome John and good luck.

5. simeywimey

simeywimey Member

sounds good to me. We've still got a third signing to come this week though according to Nicky Bull's tweets yesterday.

6. wandermagic

wandermagic Member

I didn't know too much about him, but having done some homework he seems like a decent solid addition to the squad. Luke's comment about togetherness and team spirit are right, a happy squad is often a successful one.

7. simeywimey

simeywimey Member

Just seen on twitter. Nicky bull's third player has gone elsewhere