1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New manager thread

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by leicester_ed, Apr 4, 2023.

1. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

So now it’s happened, who would everyone like to have in and who do you think it will be?

For me, Potter would be a clear favourite, but assuming the news articles are correct and he doesn’t want it I’d personally go for an interim till the end of the season and see it Potter could be tempted after a break. Even if not, we’d have a better choice.

So my choice: Potter for next year - or Bielsa if potter doesn’t want it - with someone very well-drilled in the short term to sort out the defence. I’d love Alladyce till the end of the season personally!

I think: Benitez will be in before the weekend

2. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I would go for Big Sam until the end of the season, give him a big bonus if he succeeds in keeping us up.

Then in the summer go for Potter.

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Defence ain't the problem. I think Harry Potter is who we really need to get us out of this hole. We'll have a better idea after tonight's match if we actually need some expensive locum.

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Would piss myself if we managed to tempt the Celtic manager ... if only to see Chris Sutton spitting more feathers and bile <laugh>

Realistically... anyone who can galvanise until the end of the season then either Thomas Frank or one from left field ... Jon Dahl Tommason ... thought Blackburn took us to the cleaners tactically ...

HarboroughFox likes this.
  5. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Probably a bit old hat now, but we need someone like Martin O’Neill to whip the players up and get 100% out of them. Individually our players at the moment are probably better than what he worked with before and look at the results he achieved back then.
    I keep telling myself we’ll be ok, in 2015 we were in a much bigger home than this and got out of it but back then the spirit was still there. We just need a good motivator to give them all a good shaking and realise where we’re headed.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  6. leicester_ed

I’m not even sure it’s a motivator… we are just so so so disorganised that I think they need to be reminded just what to do!

7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Inside source is saying Steven Gerrard is being "courted" ... not sure what to think ... amazing player ... but?

8. BucksFox

..... crap manager?

FosseFilberto likes this.
  9. leicester_ed

Difficult one - he did a great job at rangers but poor one at villa. Very much still unproven. I wouldn’t be too keen myself but I’m sure there’s worse out there.

Lots of talk at the moment of Martin ONeil till the end if the season… not overly sure how I feel about that…. He’s been out of work a while…

10. BucksFox

Let's hope we don't find one of them.

All the old go-to managers have been out of work for a while including Allardyce and Pulis. Talk of Jesse Marsch (or any American coach for that matter) fills me with dread. Benitez doesn't strike me as a short term impact manager. Really difficult one to call. The only manager I've heard say he could keep Leicester up is Brendan Rodgers. I wonder what happened to him.

11. leicester_ed

Bielsa would be good I think

12. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

Maybe it’s time for Ted Lasso?

BucksFox likes this.
  13. BucksFox

Can't we just get a couple of wins and not have to worry until after the season ends?

Lcfcfox1 and FosseFilberto like this.
  14. BucksFox

Former Leeds boss Jesse Marsch has held talks with Leicester over their managerial vacancy. (The Athletic)

<yikes>

They cannot be serious!

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Also a story doing the rounds of Big Sam as caretaker until Potter in the summer ... who knows?

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

One thing for sure - won't be Bielsa, who has just accepted the Uruguay national team job ...

17. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

It's Ted lasso

18. BucksFox

Relieved in a way that Marsch won't be the manager, but now very worried because we need someone immediately who can give the team some direction. The current two have failed miserably. Three games ago we had 11 cup finals to navigate. We've lost the first 3 and will likely lose the fourth. First off we need to field a settled side that knows who's going to be playing next to them so partnerships and understandings can be forged. And we need the right players in the right formation. With the current set of players we have and our slow and leaky midfield I think we have to go 3-5-2 with something like:

Iversen

Souttar Ndidi Faes

Castagne/Pereira Mendy Maddison KDH Kristiansen

Iheanacho Barnes/Daka

I think we have to stick with Iheanacho up front as he's the only striker we have who can hold the ball up and (quite importantly) who scores goals. We need the pace of Mendy and KDH in midfield that allows Maddison to move to just behind the front two. And Ndidi can patrol that little hole (currently a huge gaping chasm) in front of the back two and not even think about going beyond the half way line. And let's get the distance between the lines and opponents right so we don't keep allowing teams to play through us so easily.

19. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I'd be happy with that ... or even Vestergaard and Soyuncu with Faes ...

Biggest worry is that Barnes may have a hamstring problem ... if he has we should let one of the wingers from the U23s give it a go ...

20. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

Looks like Dean Smith, possibly assisted by Craig Shakespeare and John Terry are going to be handed the massive task of keeping our great but brittle club in the prem……..nail biting time coming up.