1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Manager Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Half that 2nd list for me, just Clement lol

2. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Sky list is so ridiculous it has Woy Hodgson on it.

3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

It makes no sense reading this thread. A big majority wanted Jimmy out, but it appears a big majority have no idea who we could get to replace him. Almost every proposal is rubbished.

rajman likes this.
  4. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Rather have Anne Robinson

5. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that's the point, wrt to tactics anyway. Brentford (the ones who struggled to get a shot on target against Fulham on Friday) tore us a new one by simply lofting the ball into the corners behind our high line again and again and having their wingers running onto it from deep. Lessons learnt? Forest had one out ball yesterday which involved lofting the ball in behind Ned and Perch holding a high line and having Assombalonga running onto it from deep. The goal was the third time he'd gotten in behind the defence this way, It was only a matter of time. I'd guess the Forest manager learnt his lessons from watching us against Brentford. JFH didn't. And that's not counting the nonsense of right backs at left back, central midfielders at right back and £3 million goal scoring centre forwards on the left wing.

Sorry Os I admire your loyalty but there was no consolidation about it, we were regressing just by standing still and I think letting him go was the right decision. I really believe we have the makings of a decent team and we're anything but that atm. When the shackles came off yesterday and we went for it, even with ten men we looked pretty good and menaced with virtually every attack. The new man has to harness this potential. Then we'll be consolidating.

Onwards and upwards and no doubt we'll all be on here this time next year for the same debate. icon_lol.gif

6. Windom Earle

Windom Earle Well-Known Member

Tatters

If the club talks about short mid and long term plans can we ask st what scale and units they are working with?

Short term I calculate is 27.3mm
    Mid term is 14 degrees
    Long Term is what is what Boss Hog used to pay Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane:
    12% of 15%

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I agree, A majority wanted him in, even when any one with common sense knew we were going backwards in every department. It appears that a small minority have no idea about how bad we have become.

8. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

NorwayRanger and Windom Earle like this.
  9. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

10. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Last night ...

Today ...

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Is Paul Ince actually a football manager? Clement, Zola, Guidolin, Giggs in that order from names mentioned thus far.

12. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Perhaps sweet Giggs like this await him?

Former Chelsea boss André Villas-Boas’ move to China is cautionary tale for managers - André Villas Boas will be new Shanghai SIPG manager. His wage: €12M/season

At 31 years of age, André Villas-Boas started his journey into first team management at the little Portuguese club Académica. Eight years hence, and a few stops at some of the biggest European clubs later, he now heads to China.

Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG named Villas-Boas their new manager earlier today, replacing ex-England manager Sven-Göran Erikkson. What went wrong for Villas-Boas in Europe, after making waves as the next best thing at the turn of the current decade, catching the fancy of Chelsea’s trigger-happy owner Roman Abramovich?

After winning a treble at FC Porto in his first season at the Estádio do Dragão, Villas-Boas perfectly fit the profile of Abramovich’s dream manager, one who could take Chelsea to the next level in Europe.

He is one of the most talented young managers in football today and has already achieved much in a relatively short space of time,” Chelsea’s official statement read on the Portuguese’s appointment in the summer of 2011.

Young, successful managers were the vogue back then, inspired by Pep Guardiola’s success at Barcelona, and Villas-Boas’ own record at Porto, where he led the club to an unbeaten league campaign in 2010/11.

Chelsea did win the Champions League the season they appointed Villas-Boas, but by the time they won it, Chelsea had already sacked the then 34-year-old, who had failed to take the Blues in a new direction. It was to prove the start of his eventual fall from the dizzy heights which took him to one of the giants of English football.

Tottenham Hotspur came calling at the start of the next season. And in spite of a fairly respectable finish just outside the top four, his inability to help Spurs punch above their weight to qualify for the Champions League coupled with some disastrous results led him to bid goodbye to the Premier League for a second time in two years.

Once the prodigy who had learnt his trade under Bobby Robson and José Mourinho, Villas-Boas had to resurrect his failing career merely four years into management. Zenit Saint Petersburg was his next stop.

His two years at Zenit brought the club three trophies, including a league title in 2014/15, their first in three years. It seemed as if Villas-Boas had somewhat put his career back on track after his tumultuous time in England. And his decision to leave the Russian club at the end of 2015/16 hinted that he was ready to have another bite at Europe’s big leagues.

However, that wasn’t to be the case, and Shanghai SIPG now stand to benefit from one of the most well-known young managers in world football, albeit an expensive one.

André Villas Boas will be new Shanghai SIPG manager. His wage: €12M/season. #China #transfers #manager

Villas-Boas’ story was once considered the guiding light for young, up-and-coming managers who had little to show for in their careers as a footballer. But it has now become a cautionary tale for any young manager looking to make their mark on the big leagues.

He completed only one season at Académica and Porto each, and managed to spend a combined two years at Chelsea and Spurs in England before getting the P45’s. The longest stay of his career at a single club was at Zenit, but he moved on after two years in Saint Petersburg. Perhaps it was a case of heading into too many jobs in a short period of time that has seen him tread a downward trajectory ever since he left Portugal.

From being considered a potential Champions League winner to shouting instructions from the dugouts in China, Villas-Boas has had an eclectic journey as a football manager. And it doesn’t look like he’ll be back in Europe any time soon, even though he is still only 39.

http://soccerlens.com/former-chelse...hina-is-cautionary-tale-for-managers/202664/#

13. Kilburn

Yes, scary stuff..........

Former Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood (Photo: Paul Gilham/Getty Images)

“We have a much bigger club than QPR – Man United – they're in transition. It's sometimes not that easy.

“It's about time and taking time and being calm and being in control and make the players feel you're in control and calm. There's no time for panic. I don't know (if I am under pressure).”

Tim Sherwood was rumoured to take over and Hasselbaink showed signs of a man under pressure by slumping onto the bench when things were going badly before wildly celebrating Sylla's equaliser.

He added: “If they're going to do something, they're going to do it. It doesn't matter if you celebrate or not.

“I was just happy because we're with 10 men and to play in that manner, they deserved a goal. The rest is what it is – that's football.”

Read More
    Hasselbaink also feels he has the full backing of the QPR board and admitted he had been just as unhappy with some performances just like the supporters.

He explained: “I feel I've got the backing of the board until they say something differently. Of course fans aren't happy with certain performances.

“I'm not happy either. The league is inconsistent and we are inconsistent. We are six points from the play-offs. We could have three, four or five points more.”

14. QPR Oslo

I'd have been happy had we brought in Colin or maybe Bruce when they were available, and replaced Jimmy and maybe Les if it had been necessary. But firing Jimmy and bringing in TS or KR suggested by these odds seems like total madness. Or perhaps it is like the Brexit vote of getting rid without a clue of what you are going to replace it with.

15. QPR Oslo

As I recall it Jimmy was appointed as Head Coach so I guess we are not looking for a Manager anyway.

16. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

FFS....anybody who can motivate the players and make me want to go and watch Rangers play........its been dire for too long.

17. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Holloway until the end of the season. Marc Bircham will get a role too.

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You must not say that! We have to sit and watch the crap while others sit in the comfort of their home telling us we are wrong. Or so someone said on Twitter.

19. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Like I said on another post....someone who can motivate the players and get us playing exciting football.

Never thought I would say this but if we have this for 6 months and then goes wrong and we have to sack the next guy then so be it.....hasnt done Watford much harm!!!!!....... Unfortunately its been dire for too long and I want to my Rangers back. Passion, goals and that cant wait for the next game feeling.....too much to ask?

20. Kilburn

Pearson has nothing on this guy.........

Just imagine a Paolo Di Canio + Nigel Pearson managerial combo with Steve Black on hand to keep everyone on the straight and narrow?

Sunderland chief executive officer Margaret Byrne stated that Di Canio had been sacked after senior players had approached her and that his situation became untenable due to his "brutal and vitriolic" criticism of the squad.[60] Di Canio denies this.[61]

In 2005, he characterised his political views by declaring that he was "a fascist, not a racist".[62]

His use of the Roman salute toward Lazio supporters, a gesture adopted by Italian fascists in the 20th century, has created controversy. Documented uses of the salute include in matches against arch-rivals Roma and Livorno, a club inclined to left-wing politics.[63]

Di Canio has several tattoos, including on his right biceps the Latin word "DUX", meaning "leader" or, in Italian, Il Duce—an antonomasia for Benito Mussolini.[74] His back is covered with a tattoo of fascist imagery, including an eagle, fasces and a portrait of Mussolini.[75] He also has a West Ham United tattoo on his left upper arm[76] and a tattoo of his father on his chest.[77]

Di Canio has spoken also of the growing influence in his life of Samurai culture, and of the Japanese spiritual mentality from reading Mishima, and the teachings in the traditions of Hagakure and Bushido.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Di_Canio