1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Kit

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by jaffaklopp, May 9, 2016.

1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Never got the issue with having a bit of blue on our shirt anyway. It's not fully blue ffs, it's a bit of trim.

The white top with black and cyan...

20200730_130134.jpg

... is one of the better designs in recent years imo

Sucky and johnsonsbaby like this.
  2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Just be thankful we don't have Hummel making our kits. The brand who boasted on their website that they look for partnerships with ".....the underdogs - those who rarely win". <laugh>

Prince Knut likes this.
  3. johnsonsbaby

I've got no problem with blue on the kit or a whole blue kit. When Liverpool was formed they started out in a blue kit.

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Having a issue with it is purely based on Everton playing in blue. As you said, we started in blue. Actually, the white and cyan was based on one of those kits from yesteryear. If they've a issue with us playing in blue because Everton do, they must be constantly pissed about us playing in red like Man Utd! <whistle>

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  5. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Now, who would they kit out then? <doh>

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

That's just 100% Spurs.

7. johnsonsbaby

I'm sure there are Liverpool fans who won't like the kit having blue on it (and blue in general) for the reason you say. You'll find there's a much stronger reaction to the colour red from our bitter neighbours. <laugh>

Personally I really like blue. I've got lots of blue clothes including two royal blue jumpers that I like very much. Nobody owns the colour red or the colour blue. You shouldn't let a rivals club colour get to you to the point where you won't buy anything in that colour. Having said that, I do fully understand why fans wouldn't want their club playing in their main rivals colour or particular style like Donga said about the Spurs style strip. I just think it doesn't really matter. We can blow the rest of the league away wearing a kit with a hint of blue every bit as much as we can wearing red.

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Trouble is, it doesn't matter what colour you pick, the will always be someone else that uses it and someone will have an issue with it.

I'm not keen in blue and wouldn't be keen on full blue but trim and secondary colouring doesn't bother me

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  9. saintKlopp

Not really. Individual graphics cards and screen settings can differ.
    Just as importantly, blue and green run into each other in the electromagnetic spectrum and the blue/green transition is subjective.
    I spent over 15 years as a colour retoucher in the printing trade, we analysed colour according to its percentage of each primary, but people have different opinions on which hue borderline colours fall into.
    On my screen, that colour appears to be cyan, or as near as damnit.
    Incidentally, the difference in the perception of "that dress" was down to photographic exposure and reproduction variations - as far as I can tell without seeing the real thing.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I was joking... <laugh>

11. saintKlopp

You don't say...

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Apology accepted <smooch>

organic red and saintKlopp like this.
  13. saintKlopp

Anyways, the reason I said
    is not because blue is Everton's colour (that shade certainly isn't anyway) but because that colour combination offends my finely-tuned and delicate aesthetic nature.
    It's crap.
    However, as I don't buy replica kits, and the players are generally too far away for it to be obvious, I don't actually care.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  14. saintKlopp

Yuk.

15. saintKlopp

:emoticon-0172-mooni

Zanjinho likes this.
  16. johnsonsbaby

That's really interesting. Lots of random things interest me including the psychology of colour. Didn't Shankly change from red shirts / white shorts to all red to make the players look bigger. Some goalies like all white gloves for the same reason. Different colours can bring about mood changes etc. etc.

I'm sure your connection with colour is nothing to do with the psychology btw.

Out of interest are there any colour clashes that you actually like?

17. saintKlopp

It isn't, it only concerns the nature of colour and its reproduction.
    I'm glad someone appreciates one of my rare areas of expertise. :)
    If you put a blue/black version of that controversial dress into Photoshop and ramp up the contrast in a particular way you get something akin to the white/gold version. Black is rarely neutral, so lightening it reveals the colour bias. Of course the material could have had unusual reflective qualities to make it deceptive in real life also.
    Fun fact: butterflies have little or no pigment (other than a dull brown) in their wings - the orientation of their scales scatters light to form the many colours you see. The same with peacock feathers if I remember right.

THE FOOL likes this.
  18. johnsonsbaby

Something else that fascinates me is that in printing yellow, cyan and magenta are the three base colours that make up all the others. I only found this out after seeing a strip of coloured squares on the inside of a cereal packet and wondering why and what they were there for.

I think it's retirement. Everything that was once just 'wallpaper' is something to look into further. Don't get me started on food additives ..... yes I even have time to read food labels now <laugh>

19. saintKlopp

The three subtractive primaries used in printing. Black is also used sparingly to add contrast. Which is why you often see CMYK on printing process material.
    They are the complementary colours to the light (additive) primaries of red, blue and green.
    This has probably bored everyone else on here now. :)

Zanjinho likes this.
  20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Bit weird but I already knew that, read about it years ago. Not often I know random **** like that <ok>

johnsonsbaby and saintKlopp like this.