1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New defender

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by Clarke_ram7, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Clarke_ram7

Clarke_ram7 New Member

Bit of Gossip,

Heard from someone close to the club that we are interested in Ayala and Rob Jones of Scunny!
    Apparently we hope to get Ayala rather than Jones at the moment but if they can't get him they will turn to Jones. He is a player we will pursue in the summer if we do get ayala!
    If any of you don't know Jones he is the giant lad at the back for Scunny, he won every header from corners against us as pride park early on! He is not techically great but brill in the air! He use to play for my mates dads team when he was at Grimsby and they thought the world of him!(Russel Slade, i know his son Ben)

Got the news from a friend who seemd to know a lot that is going on! He knew the Hulse transfer to QPR well before it came public in fact i broke it to the guys on the old 606.

What are your thoughts?

2. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

we've been supposedly after ayala aswell, whoever gets him will land one hell of a player, supposedly available on a permanent aswell, id snap him up!

3. Pedro the Ram

Pedro the Ram New Member

Gone very quiet on the Ayala front

I would be well pleased if we got him for the rest of the season, he's a cracking player - but doubt Cloughie's ability to sell the club to him somehow

Considering how popular he was at Hull earlier this season my concern is that he'll go back there if Hull do the deal with Liverpool

Rob Jones ? - solid but not exactly mobile is he ?

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Apparently, Ayala desperately wants to come back to us, but Comolli won't let him, due to our minor fall out of the injury bollocks earlier in the season(and the fact that Comolli's a cock).

Anyway, it looks like we're out the running and we've turned out attentions elsewhere, so I suspect you'll get him if you want him(unless someone else comes in for him).