1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New contracts

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Kamara and McDonald have signed new contracts... surprised a little about McDonald though not disappointed.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Cookie, you beat me to it! :)

Full story from the FFC site

New Deals For Fulham Pair
    Monday 30 December 2019 16:30
    The Club is delighted to confirm new contracts for both Aboubakar Kamara and Kevin McDonald.

Kamara has agreed terms on a deal which ties him to Fulham until the summer of 2024, while McDonald’s runs until 2021.

24-year-old Kamara has really shown his value to the squad this season, notably when he admirably filled the sizeable boots vacated by Aleksandar Mitrović with a brace in our 2-1 victory over Queens Park Rangers, and he now has 15 goals to his name for the Club.

please log in to view this image

“I’m happy to have signed and extend my time with Fulham Football Club,” Kamara said. “I’ll do my best for this Club, give my maximum and will continue to keep working hard.”

Tony Khan said: “I’m so happy that I’ve been able to reward Abou’s hard work and dedication to Fulham with a new contract, which he thoroughly deserves.

“He has been a true professional for us this season, coming in and making a difference when he’s been called on, always giving 100 per cent on the pitch both during games and in training, and around the Club.

“I spoke to him at length through the summer and knew it was the right decision for the team for him to come back, and I know that he will continue to deliver for his teammates, the Club and especially you, the fans. Thank you Abou!”

A highly respected member of the squad, McDonald has 116 Fulham appearances under his belt and has been a major contributor to our successes since his arrival in 2016.

“I’m delighted,” he told fulhamfc.com. “I had a good chat with Tony [Khan], Alistair [Mackintosh] and Scott [Parker] and we worked out where we wanted to go.

“They were keen for me to stay around and, although I’ve been out with a little knock recently, they know I’m a big influence off the pitch and in this dressing room.

“Of course I want to play and I want to get in the team but the main thing for me and for everyone else involved at the Club is that the team is doing well.

“And if that happens – with or without me in the team – then I’m happy.”

please log in to view this image

Tony Khan commented: “Kevin is a very important member of our squad, adding great leadership qualities in the dressing room and has an awesome work ethic which he instils in his teammates.

“He may not have had as many starts as in previous seasons, but I know that when he’s called on he will give everything for Fulham and that he believes in what this team can achieve.

“Having the right mentality in our squad is vital if we are to push on this season, and I believe that Kevin has a big part to play for us, so I am really happy that he’s agreed to extend his stay with Fulham!

“Come on Fulham!”

Fulham COYW likes this.