1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

near as damn it half the division vying for top 6

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Oct 5, 2018.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

there is 11 teams all in with a chance to be top 6 on the weekend..... WOWEEEEEEEE

4 TEAMS PLAY EACH OTHER 7 DONT

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's good to get some perspective about where we're at - two points from four games is a poor return, even if they were tricky games, but the division is so competitive that we're still in a good position and a good run could catapult us to near the head of the table.

I'm sure it seems like it to the majority of fans, but we really are a Jekyll and Hyde team aren't we?

3. johngalleyfan2

CITY H WEDS
    BOLTON H BBURN
    NORWICH H STOKE .. .. 16TH
    SWANSEA H IPSWICH .. .. jt 23RD
    OTHERS ... ...... away to …….…
    BRENTFORD .. LEEDS jt TOP
    DERBY .. QPR 17TH
    WIGAN .. PNE jt 23RD
    FLOREST .. MIDDSBRO jt Top
    VILLA .. MILLWALL 22ND
    Sunday we will know where we stand … wins for Norwich, Derby and Wigan Brentford and Swansea will close the door for City anyway... HARDEST GAMES MUST BE BRENTFORD AND FLOREST

I shall be cheering on millwall at least a draw but feel it will be a landslide to Villa PNE deserve a rowdy cheer, and QPR DESERVE a win as does IPSWICH …… EXCITING BITING...…………..

4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

We are a bit Nick, overall I’m still relatively happy with where we are especially considering the comings and going’s during the summer, as you rightly said though it’s all so very tight, we have started to splutter of late , we need to be carefully as conversely a few bad results could have us looking over our shoulder.

5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

You're spot on with the Jekyll and Hyde scenario Nick and although we are still in a good spot I truly think we could have done a lot better. It will be interesting to see if our fortune changes when we have a fully fit squad to pick from, and the potential changes could indicate the way we move forward.

6. johngalleyfan2

3 straight losses would have us down in the mix of bottom 7!

7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Surely it would depend on how other teams get on , take your point though . Let’s hope we win Sunday.

8. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I think this season has shown more than any recent year that the Championship is an incredibly competitive competition. Sorry for the cliché, but anyone can beat anyone! All you can do is play your own game and keep picking up points!! And... City still haven't played any of the bottom 5 teams. Don't know whether that's good or bad!!!

Supcon72 likes this.
  9. johngalleyfan2

At times in the past this has come back to bite us... the "bottom 6 " should yield at least 24 points! … or more

10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I wonder if we will bury our Preston ghost this season?
    They’ve had a hoodoo over us for some time now but they are there for the taking right now.....
    Let’s hope they don’t recover by 10th November!

11. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I think it will be like this all season, there is a nucleus of about 15 sides with very little too separate them, so I expect a nip and tuck season all round. Any momentum that can be gained will be key. I'm still happy with a top 10 finish this season given the change over in personnel.

AshtonRed likes this.
  12. johngalleyfan2

PNE aren't really doing that badly … ok sit at bottom places but had some good games
    played Stoke,Bolton, WBA at home .. .. .. Swansea, Norwich, Derby, Leeds, Sheff U, and Villa away …. that's 6 tough games!
    4 losses by 1 goal 2 by 2 goal and 1 by 3 goal won 1 game and 3 draws

13. johngalleyfan2

well 4-0 takes their goals scored to 6th best in the division @ 18 with gd of -6 turning better than us WIGANS +2 GD to a -2
    as pointed out they have had one of the hardest starts in the division .. and it wont be easy

14. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

After the latest performance we'll be lucky to trouble the top half of the table let alone the top 6 in the division.
    From what I saw of them today, Wednesday aren't a great side but we were worse. The fact that they beat us at a canter is very worrying.

15. johngalleyfan2

Brentford hull and stoke 3 pts min!

16. johngalleyfan2

Millwall beat Villa …. QPR drew …. Ipswich beat Swansea.....
    ….. and PNE won 4-0 v a team just outside the top 6

[QUOTE="johngalleyfan2, post: 12184008, member: 1000970"]PNE aren't really doing that badly … ok sit at bottom places but had some good games
    played Stoke,Bolton, WBA at home .. .. .. Swansea, Norwich, Derby, Leeds, Sheff U, and Villa away …. that's 6 tough games!
    4 losses by 1 goal 2 by 2 goal and 1 by 3 goal won 1 game and 3 draws[/QUOTE]