1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nasri v Hendo

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by 56Danny, Mar 8, 2011.

1. 56Danny

56Danny Member

One of the best articles I have seen on the BBC footy pages in recent memory is today's one about Samir Nasri. Well researched and with analytics to back up the main thrust of the article - which is that Nasri can develop to become one of the greats.

Nasri is 3 years older. That is a massive gap at that age. But I am struck by some similarities with Hendo. The stats appear to reveal that Nasri's most productive games are when he is deployed on either flank but in a more forward role.

I think we all agree that Hendo operates far better on the right but, right now, needs must and so is played in CM where he is less effective.

Wenger is renowned for bring on younger players and helping them develop their real potential. Something that our own Brucie is no dunce at (Bramble) but that maybe will take another season to see results in Hendo. Confidence is a massive factor at 20. Right now he musts sense the chorus of disapproval and calls to rest him.

The sooner Catts/Meyler return and he can be used as more of a winger, the better for his development IMHO.

Just wondering if I am on my own in thinking like that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9415207.stm

2. Disco

Disco Guest

Completely agree. He has the potential to be a real menace on the wing. In the middle he doesn't ever look sure of what he should be doing. A prime example is when he played for England, yes it was in a holding role but it translates to higher up the pitch in the middle as well.

3. Smiffy

Smiffy Active Member

I think that he can play in the middle, but needs a ball winner alongside him. With Catts missing he doesn't know whether to rampage forward or sit back.

He will definitely improve with another season under his belt, but to be a top class midfielder he needs to add goals to his game.

4. InBruceWeTrusted

I saw one interview with Nasri and they asked him where he suddenly got a load of pace from and he attributed it to having the summer off as France did not select him for the World Cup.

5. BishopSAFC

BishopSAFC Active Member

Send him to arsenal for a season,wenger will make him an all round better player.

6. Lucas Mangope

Lucas Mangope Member

Interesting!

7. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

I agree with NQDP he does occasionally seem lost in the middle, I've always liked JH, but the last few games he looks as though he needs a rest It could just be because he is in the middle, and not sure of what to do.