1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

NA 5:10 bumper preview

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

COBY NINE; First foal of a modest hudles and flat winner. Yard employing a proper jockey for a change but are pretty poor in bumpers.

DARK EPISODE; Related to five NH winners but none won their bumper and this one may be a longer term project. Yard in a rich vein of form but this one looks to be the second string on jockey bookings.

ENRILO; Yard have an excellent record in bumpers but tend not to start the better ones here. Dam a modest maiden as is the only sibling to date.

HOLD THE NOTE; Dam a modest maiden but some encouragement from a hurdles winning sibling. Starting out in a hot race and may find a few too good.

JAKAMANI; Half brother to the very useful Kentford Grey Lady who won her bumper at the first attempt. Lovely pedigree as you would expect from this yard and worth keeping a close eye on in the betting.

JOHNNY ROCCO; Dam won her bumper and this one showed promise on bumper debut. Wore earplugs that day so may have one or two quirks.

NINTH WAVE; Dam a flat winner at up to 13f. Easy winner of a Bitterly Point and has joined a top table that is in fine form. Hard to overlook with the champion jockey on board.

POISON ARROW; Dam a useful flat winner at up to 11f. 32,000EU 3yo and small west country yard are 2/9 in bumpers. Chances each way at likely decent odds.

WINNINGSEVERYTHING; Half brother to the useful Edmund Kean and Brave Vic plus two other bumper winners. Top connections paid 80,000EU and likely to be forward enough on debut.

DANCING GREY; three trys in bumpers, 3rd on latest but that looks some way short of what will be required here.

LITTLE ROBIN; Well beaten on bumper debut and that is the likely outcome again.

Sel; WINNINGSEVERYTHING

EW; POISON ARROW

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Enrilo certainly has a fancy price tag <yikes>

First bit of blue on oddschecker for your selection mate, I predict it coming in to about 5/2 or 9/4 by lunchtime.

I'll stick with the Channon horse e/w

stick likes this.
  3. stick

stick Bumper King

I tried to have £30 quid on at 11/2 with Paddy, laid me £11.10 chickenshitpaddytwat

4. stick

stick Bumper King

Interested to see JAKAMANI as for me has the nicest jumps pedigree.
    POISON ARROW 33/1 will go off shorter I reckon.

5. OddDog

Staff Member

<laugh>

6. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

9/2 Skybet, also have the race at 5.10 :)

stick likes this.
  7. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

Down to 3/1 now.

8. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Bradstocks don't often go to NA with bumper runners ? with nico booked , ew value at 16/1 ?

stick likes this.
  9. stick

stick Bumper King

Didnt have to wait for lunchtime. That surely has NOTHING to do with this write-up!

10. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

11. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Lovely preview, Stick, my old love. Although a minor critique is that you should have given God’s own racecourse its full name, and what a lovely name for a racecourse as well, rather than abbreviated it to NA! That did distress me.

Rather disappointingly I see that old girl Mother Nature is having quite an effect on the meet and several (including 2 of the original 3 favourites in your heat) are being pulled out (6 at the time of writing) – expect this number to rise as well.

12. stick

stick Bumper King

Just seen...balls

13. stick

stick Bumper King

Well done odddy

The EW selection, POISON ARROW, was second and having taken 33/1 last night I shall allow myself a mini boom. Big R4 coming though!

rudebwoy likes this.
  14. OddDog

Staff Member

Nice one mate <ok>

Looked a pretty poor event in the end to be honest, with all the withdrawals

stick likes this.