1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My System Picks / Trialing ( Feel free to join me )

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by ChelseaCOE2012, Oct 31, 2017.

1. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Been pretty dead work-wise the last few months so I've been putting together a racing system, and doing a lot of analysing work and research to put it into place, and the previous year end to year date ( oct 31st 2016 to oct 31st 2017 ) showed a profit of £950 to £5 level stakes and that's at SP not BOG as obviously couldn't obtain that information. Not loads, but it's just a bit of fun at the same time and you get some winners and some nice winners too. Also some long-ish losing runs, think 14 was the highest!

Anyway, don't really want to reveal the specs but to cut a long story short some days there might be a couple of selections, some days none, might even be a week with none, it fluctuates. Some bright sparks will probably manage to have half an idea what it is or already use similar anyway!

I'm going to be using £5 level stakes, and start with a betting bank of £300. And then trial it to November 2018 and see how it goes. I'll be placing bets in the morning, so i'll be taking into account best odds guaranteed as i'll be getting them, but i'll also be taking into account any rule 4's i get.

If anyone wants to join in feel free, I'll post the system picks around 8am before i leave for work and when i bet on them at the current odds. Then i'll just update the profit/loss the following day when i post the next ones. Obviously as i said you might have a few days even a week where there isn't one. Just a bit of fun, and see how it goes.

Hope other people that aren't interested in joining in don't mind me having this thread, as a spreadsheet is very boring and it's nice to even have one or two other people that might want to join with me! Would recommend you go from the beginning though, as we could get off to a flyer but then it'll dip, there was a point i looked at where the betting bank balance would have gone down to about £115 but then it hit a run of 4 wins in a row and went right up to £375. So you do have to persevere with it and stick to the betting bank. You can do it to £1 level stakes if you wish, and have a £100 betting bank etc etc.

£5 level stakes, if over 20/1 = e/w, if under 16/1 = win only

But yeh, it starts tomorrow if anyone is interested! If you are going to join me at least comment saying you're in, just so i know i'm not posting them and keeping a tally up for nothing everyday! Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    gazboy likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't bet Chelsea but I'll watch with interest. Could be fun trying to work out your system spec

3. ChelseaCOE2012

Cheers Ron, I think people could work out the starting point easy enough as I basically took an interesting stat / piece of readily made information, but then i built on it. E.g. analyzed and scrutinized it heavily for 18 months worth of data, then applied my own rules/criteria and specifics. Excited to see how it goes, looks like 2 qualifiers for tomorrow!

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I'll have a go, at least through the jumps season as have no interest in it so will give me something to have a little interest.

5. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

good luck with your system chelsea , i shall watch with interest

ChelseaCOE2012 likes this.
  6. ChelseaCOE2012

Meant to say when i said my £5 level stakes, if the price in the morning is under 20/1 e.g. 18/1 and below then i do win only, and 20/1+ is an each way. As some are big prices, 2 of them today are. Cheers Robbie/Rudebwoy!

Anyway, today's system selections, 4 in total:

12 30 Nottingham - Dubai Frame 25/1 e/w (1/5 1,2,3)
    2 30 Nottingham - Ebtida 2/1 (Might end up being a non runner as only ran yesterday)

5 10 Dundalk - Slumming Angel 12/1
    6 40 Dundalk - Red Avenger 33/1 e/w (1/4 1,2,3)

7. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

I’m quite comfortably in profit from your tips Chelsea so will give it a go :emoticon-0148-yes: What bookmakers do you have accounts with ?

8. Realb

Realb Active Member

Like Redcat I will try but selectively which is wrong and will go with your Dundalk pair

9. ChelseaCOE2012

Cheers red, and i have Bet365, Skybet & think i might have a bet victor. For this i'll primarily just use bet365 regardless if some mornings one of the others are a point or two better, as they price up early and do best odds guaranteed and are usually the best odds in general

redcat1 and lamby like this.
  10. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Count me in.

11. NDS

NDS Well-Known Member

First prediction is right, you have the non runner[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

12. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

As expected Ebtida a non runner, decided to use sky bet on Red Avenger (Top 4, 1/5)

13. ChelseaCOE2012

Not too disappointed about the N/R, price was poor anyway.

Still leaves us with three, fingers crossed for hopefully a good start to the system! One other thing I meant to add, obviously the price I see in the morning when I bet is the price for the profit/loss system and the win/e/w element, e.g. odds in the morning of 16/1 then it's still a win bet and will be counted as one, if it finishes up at 25/1 and then comes 2nd/3rd it's just tough ****. But if when you do your bet it's 20/1+ then do e/w if you want, use this purely as you want too, extra research, to scratch one out of a race or mark as a danger, or follow what some of us are doing with the betting bank / level stakes, if you see 5 selections one day but only fancy 1 yourself looking into them and just doing that one. Use it as an information guide etc, hell we could even lose the first 60 bets and be busted out in 2 months (has never actually happened with a 300 bank in an 18 month period, lowest was 115 - but you never know!

And if there is no selection on the day I'll just post no selection. You will find there might be a few days lull maybe even a week sometimes, other days 3-4 a day sometimes 1-2. Really does vary!

Good in a way even with the odd few days with no selections as no names mentioned but someone has already messaged me to say even aside from any profit/loss aspect, it's a good idea just to learn some betting discipline like having that betting bank solely for one system, and level stakes regardless of price, and the relevant ins/outs and then even after 3-6 months if it's showing a profit etc just cashing it out, having a break for a month or two then doing it again. And at the same time it's a bit of fun!

Anyway no more babbling on from me i'm gunna STFU ! unless anyone ever has any questions <laugh>

14. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

25p e/w patent pays 12k. Cmon Chelsea <badger><badger><badger>

15. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

Do you mind if I ask how you are picking these selections?

16. ChelseaCOE2012

First one ended up at 80/1 jesus what a drift for a Dunlop horse <laugh> 5th out of 10 not a bad run though.

Doalittle - It's just a system I created, so if I revealed how I picked them I would be basically revealing the system, you could probably work out the starting point of the system easily enough though

17. Doalittle

You do know that one is a handicapper in the making. They don't get sent off 125/1 on their first run and win next time out!

And the next one is Eddie Lynams fourth string in a maiden.

rudebwoy likes this.
  18. ChelseaCOE2012

You could probably read a lot into most of them but i wouldn't bother as there's no real theory in terms of maidens/nurseries/c&d winners etc, it's purely what the system picks, and I trust the system as per the profit it showed oct 16 to oct 17. You probably could whittle down some of the odd looking ones, but then how many odd looking horses with no chance on paper end up winning anyway !! Similar to what I said earlier about the drifts, if that horse was 80/1 this morning it wouldn't have actually qualified as a system pick, but at the time it was one as it was 25/1, I can't predict the drift.

19. Doalittle

I really hope you backed the 100/1 winner Rod Millman had during the summer or else you would have done your bollox in maidens if you can't pick out the one's who are getting marks. Just look at the sp's of the first two on their previous starts, says it all really.

With you not willing to give the slightest insight into how you are picking these horses has made you coming across a complete and utter spoofer.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Deleted and As We Know like this.
  20. ChelseaCOE2012

You've lost me completely, I'm not looking into the horses and picking them from a form perspective?