1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My Lucas Has Gone

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Jul 17, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

please log in to view this image

Yet to be announced officially but it all but done, mind you Lucas and a medical what could go wrong?

Here's a little video montage of a sometimes under appreciated player who always gave his all for the club and that means a lot to me...

Thank you Lucas you will be missed.

2. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Great guy...Hope he has a brilliant remainder of his career

Bumps likes this.
  3. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sad to see him go, Jimmy will be gutted!

Surely the club are certain Keita will happen if they're willing to let Lucas go

Jimmy Squarefoot and Zingy like this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lucas was a good servant. We all wish you the best for the future !<applause><applause><applause>.

Bumps likes this.
  5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I have come here today after hearing this sad but unsurprising news. Often under-appreciated but never by his colleagues or the five LFC managers he's played under, of all stylistic persuasions.

"He only ever passes backwards and sideways" they said. Clearly that was unsubstantiated by the evidence. Observe how he plays a great forward pass out to Kuyt, then bombs past Evra to take the return ball, then plays a forward pass for Ngog to score Pepe Reina's favourite goal of all time:

Under Rafa he was top five in the league, along with Mascherano, for successul tackles and passes. Now, the "stats can tell you anything" wibblers will claim stats can tell you anything, which is a nonsense - it's people interpreting stats that tell you anything - but let's just take a look at those stats, limited as they are. A defensive midfielder's job is to be defensive, to break up attacks and win the ball back, and with less priority create counter attacks if possible. It's safe to say a number of those successful tackles would have won the ball back, at which time a successful pass to a teammate is A Good Thing, whether it's sideways, backwards or straight up in the air. Job done, "Thanks very much for that, Lucas," says Gerrard as he bombs forward.

He didn't score a lot of goals but neither do a lot of £5m defensive midfielders. And how many £5m players make top five in the league for anything?

6. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Good luck bro

Never quite set the world alight but that's not why we bought him or what his job was, just quietly went about his business and never put in a **** performance or caused problems

We're losing quite a lot of experience there, hope we've got talent lined up to fill the void

7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

It's a real shame. He was always nothing less than totally committed. All the best Lucas.Keep us in your heart <ok>

Bumps likes this.
  8. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Good professional and gave his all. Wish him all the best.

Bumps and moreinjuredthanowen like this.
  9. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Wasn't expecting this actually.

I remember when he first came and tbh he wasn't very good and copped an enormous amount of stick.

Was a scapegoat at times though tbf.

As he got older and manager and players came and went he was still there putting in a performance when he could.

In the end turned into a good player and an even better servant for the club.

Certainly put his shift in for the club so thank you Lucas <applause>

Bumps likes this.
  10. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Lucas is the most Liverpool player to play for Liverpool in the last 20 years.

Thanks for all the hard work and not being a drama queen when you didnt get to play!

A true legend. When he was playing a little badly at the start, he didn't quit or mope, he kept working until he became a club legend.

When I grow up, I want to be Lucas.

Bumps and DirtyFrank like this.

11. FedLadSonOfAnfield

#gay <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  12. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Brilliant guy. Took so much stick early doors (maybe some was warranted but some probably over the top) but never once complained. Got his head down and for a brief couple years was really top of the league in terms of a DM. Injuries unfortunately stopped him in his prime and never quite recovered but was still 100% dedicated and gave his all for LFC. Closest thing we've had to a scouser in the team since Gerrard and Carra went. Wish him all the best <ok>

Bumps and DirtyFrank like this.
  13. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Two standout moments were when he just dominated Yaya Toure in that one game against City about 4 years ago? Just put muscles him all game!

and second was his delicious through ball pass to Gerrard against Newcastle from just inside their half. Sublime pace and accuracy.

Bumps likes this.
  14. astro

astro Well-Known Member

And the assist for Can's top-4-winning overhead

Bumps and luvgonzo like this.
  15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

This was great...

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Got to love the feller <laugh>

17. moreinjuredthanowen

Theres not a bad word to be said about the lad. I hope he comes back in some capacity in the future.

Bumps likes this.
  18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

**** him, he's ****e. Good riddance...

...:bandit:

19. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

IMG_1896.JPG

luvgonzo likes this.
  20. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

A 'Stalwart' in a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none sort of way. I remember a game against Chelsea a few years ago when he was outstanding. I also remember many, many games when he was booked within the first twenty minutes and walked a tightrope thereafter.

Best/worst memory was when we played Soton a season or so ago and once again he was thrown into the thankless task of playing centre-half, a job he could do in cup ties in early rounds, but not really in Prem games. I just remember him completely mis-reading a bouncing ball and it looping over his head to one of their forwards (Mane, was it?).

But I'm not piss-taking: if I remember rightly he was only on the pitch as Lovren was upset because the Soton fans were having a go at him. And that's the thing - he was never the most talented player, but (like maybe Phil Neville?), his professionalism should shame some of the show-ponies he played alongside and against.

Good luck Roger Daltrey.

luvgonzo likes this.